Author Topic: Dads 71 Barracuda  (Read 1638 times)

Offline plumcrazy71

Dads 71 Barracuda
« on: July 23, 2014 - 10:21:26 AM »
This is my dads 71 Barracuda. This has been tore apart for about 30 years now ( longer than I have been alive ) and I have been trying to get him to start back on it for a few years now. Im getting close  :) Its an original Barracuda Gran Coupe car, shaker, FC7 Purple, 383 auto. As you can see in the pic its just a shell right now sitting on a home made rotisserie. The rest of the parts are...well...all over the place lol! We do have most of the parts tho! I hope to get started on it very very soon!!! 

Offline Ravage

• 1974 318 'Cuda
Re: Dads 71 Barracuda
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014 - 10:27:36 AM »
Nice, does he have any other cars? Poor little car sitting in the corner like a bad child lol. Keep on him  :)  Any pics of it from the past?
"I flipped off a box of kittens once..." (Tycho on being evil)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014 - 11:33:41 AM »
I thought in your other thread that we figured out it was a 71 383 Cuda with SRX9 interior.  :dunno:
It's not a Barracuda or a Grand Coupe :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014 - 12:30:11 PM »
Resized

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline plumcrazy71

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014 - 03:29:20 PM »
Thanks for the resize! Ok obviously I am looking at something wrong then. The reason we thought it was a gran coupe car was because when dad bought the car in 1981 it had all the gran coupe badges on it. Of course there is always the possibility that some one stuck them on there. Ill have to ask dad about that again. Is there a particular code for gran coupe?

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014 - 03:33:31 PM »
First letters in the vin

BS-Cuda
BH-Barracuda
BP-Gran Coupe

Does it have a fender tag on the inner drivers front fender?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014 - 04:31:17 PM »
Where did you get the VIN from? If it came from the VIN tag, and the dash has been removed, it might be from another car. Check the fender tag or the door tag and see if they match the VIN you already have.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014 - 04:52:13 PM »
For example....If you're reading the VIN tag on the dash pad shown in the picture, it may not be from that car because the dash pad is for an A/C car and you already stated you had a shaker car, you can't have both.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline plumcrazy71

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014 - 05:43:27 PM »
Ok I got it now thanks! You are right about the dash in the pic. It is an a/c dash out of a 73 cuda. Dad got rid of the original dash back in 82 I believe when he got the a/c dash thats in the pic out of the 73. I got the VIN off the the title and it matches the numbers I found on the body. He does have the fender tag and I will post the numbers on my other post in the VIN section. Thanks again for getting that straightened out for me guys! So it is a Cuda, 383 4B auto, Plum Crazy, shaker car with the leather interior.   :2thumbs:

Offline plumcrazy71

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014 - 09:31:09 PM »
Nice, does he have any other cars? Poor little car sitting in the corner like a bad child lol. Keep on him  :)  Any pics of it from the past?

He does have 2 more cars, he has a 48 dodge coupe and a 1984 dodge rampage that we put a 2.5 turbo in  :) the rampage is his daily driver. Unfortunately we dont have any pics of the car together....at least not that we have been able to find.