Cruising the oceans

Author Topic: Cruising the oceans  (Read 1891 times)

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
Cruising the oceans
« on: April 23, 2005 - 09:09:34 AM »
Hi guys. My wife and I just got back from a cruise in the Caribbean. it was great.
When we departed the ship we took a tour of Miami everglades ( we had time to kill before the plane left) but as we were leaving I noticed that there were a number people unloading motorcycles at the the dock. Apparently the motorcycle clubs book a cruise and take their bikes on board to go touring on the islands.
What a great idea. I asked my wife (she's a cruise consultant) how hard it is to book a group of people like club members on a cruise together. Apparently it is really easy.
So I have been thnking ( I get these brain storms) that we could gain some brownie points with our spouses if we were to book a cruise as a group. It would give us a chance to get together and talk cars while our siginificant other took in some sun. I know my wife is good to go to car shows but she would be much happier combining it with some other event.
She also told me that if there was a large enough group that you could book a conference hall on board and put on seminars or have guest speakers. I was thinking we could get someone from the past like a Dan Guerney. We would have to pay his way but that wouldn't be too difficult because if a number of cabins are booked after a certain point the cruise lines provide 1 free passage. Also we could invite some distributors to come along and plug their products. Good for them to combine pleasure with business.
So what do you guys think? My wife would be able to arrange things. I would think the cruise would have to be next fall or spring. Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005 - 07:37:13 PM by camjam »
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
Re: Cruising
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005 - 09:47:40 AM »
hell ya I'm interested ....but as things progress more info needed of course but ya ! we got back a few months ago from a trip to Cancun and we are ready for another trip (at least I am )next spring would be good ...time enuff to save back the $$$$$$

Btch n Blue

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005 - 10:30:36 AM »
If a large enough group books in advance, isn't there a discount that the cruise line provides??

And, would your wife book the whole package (air fare, ground transportation, etc), or just the cruise and leave everything else up to the individual??? I'd love to go and get away... but, being under 21, they won't let you on a cruise ship by yourself... however, I know my mom would love to get away... :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: Earn some brownie points with her! :thumbs:

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005 - 10:41:51 AM »
hey B Blue
You wont be by yourself you'll be with 20 of us and we can all take turns corupting your morals ....LoL

Btch n Blue

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005 - 10:54:30 AM »
hey B Blue
You wont be by yourself you'll be with 20 of us and we can all take turns corupting your morals ....LoL
HAHA!! :laughup: :laughup: Trust me, don't need anybody else's help with that anymore.... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005 - 11:09:40 AM »
I normally let my wife book everything so this is a little strange for me.
Yes you can get a group rate if there are enough people booking.
If you wish she will arrange for all air fares and transfers from your area to the ship. It makes no difference to her where you live. So it can be a complete package if you wish.
B Blue she can always work around the age problem.
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005 - 12:05:40 PM »
Well that sounds like a great idea!!  I know some people have a tough time with boats so another possibility would be a nice all inclusive resort somewhere??  Either way sounds sweet to me and since I have no spouse . . . guess I'll have to do it for ME!!  Oh and can I request some good scuba ports please??   :grinyes:  :grinyes:  :grinyes:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005 - 09:57:01 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005 - 03:51:59 PM »
I quess as members would like to join in they can make their preferences known and my wife can see how many can accomodated.
4cruisin just about all the ports we were in this time had scuba diving.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005 - 09:12:01 PM »
Anyone else think this was about cruising around in a car when they saw the title?

My aunt and uncle go on a cruise every year.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005 - 11:47:38 AM »
Sounds like an idea!!

Seminars would be a waste IMHO, Just need a great deal and meet with some great folks.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Btch n Blue

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005 - 03:43:35 PM »
B Blue she can always work around the age problem.
Works for me!!! Let's get some plans finalized and get to some WARM weather!!! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :cool:

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
Re: Cruising the oceans
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005 - 07:38:11 PM »
Ghost hadn't thouight of that.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005 - 09:06:36 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun!  We usually go on a cruise once a year for spring break. This year was a no-go because our son's first year of college will be this fall.  There goes all extra spending money.  :cry:

4C, one of the best dives Red and I ever did, we did in the Cayman islands with another couple.  Chartered a little boat and hired our own dive master (for less than the excursion prices!).  We saw stuff none of the tourists ever see...absolutely beautiful!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005 - 09:59:20 PM »
Seminars would be a waste IMHO, Just need a great deal and meet with some great folks.

Seminars??  Just let Chryco talk!!   :grinyes:  ;D  :grinno:

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005 - 06:53:08 PM »
From what I read here the consensus is spring. Are there any specific dates that work or don't work?
My wife says she can block out some cabins.
Preferences for a cabin - inside or balcony front middle or back, high or lower deck? Of course there will be price differences depending on the cabin. Will anyone require a cabin(s) for more than 2 people?
Man I have never given much thought about all the options. Lots to decide.