Street NOS illegal. From Dragnews.com

Author Topic: Street NOS illegal. From Dragnews.com  (Read 3577 times)

Offline xblade

Street NOS illegal. From Dragnews.com
« on: April 24, 2005 - 09:29:34 AM »
4/7/05 - Remember, nitrous bottles don't kill people, stupid drivers do...
Arkansas state house government recently passed legislation banning the use of nitrous oxide in vehicles on public streets and highways. The bill is called “Eric’s Law,” and is named for a Southeast Arkansas youth who was killed last September when his motorcycle was struck by a nitrous-fed car that was STREET RACING (not drag racing) illegally on a state highway. If the bill becomes law, a violation brings a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by as much as $100 in fines and up to 30 days in jail. The law, as it reads on the official dockett, does define that use of Nitrous Oxide within racing facilities is legal but leaves a wide open interpretation on the legality of using nitrous on the street or if just a mounted nitrous bottle on the street is deemed illegal.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Street NOS illegal. From Dragnews.com
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005 - 10:17:15 AM »
That just goes to show that the actions of one person can hurt the majority out there trying to just have some fun!   :spank:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005 - 10:27:01 AM »
Stupid idiots with Imports. :mad:  You can bet it was two of them trying to see who was faster on a public road and since neither of them really know how to keep it under control, one of them hit that poor guy on his motorcycle. :'(

(I narrowed it down to probably an Import because a) old V-8s don't normally need n2o to be fast and b) they are the ones who decide a street is normally the best place to 'race'. ::) )
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

mopar_guy333

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005 - 11:42:11 AM »
 :iagree: thats too bad

biglove

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005 - 12:53:15 PM »
Several members of Little Rock Racing Scene which im a member went to the state house to give testimony on nos in street cars.
We all signed a petition and wrote letters. I wad under the impression that it didnt pass i will have to make a few phone calls.

It sad that Eric lost his life ...but he was racing to and doing wheelies when the accident happened.

Lrrs has tried in the past to get the city to renovate the old drag strip in Carlisle but they wont buy the land so we are hoping that a couple of investors will.

Offline Robb

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005 - 01:06:21 PM »
""FEEL GOOD POLITICS"" AT ITS FINEST.   Politician games, nothing but.

the NOS caused the speeding, you cant speed or race without it.    ::) :eeksmall: ::)

before there was NOS and ther were even cars, man raced on foot, man raced on horse back and elephants...   boys race bicycles and soapbox cars.

MEN RACE    its just their nature :burnout:  and their gonna keep doing it.

Its magazines like COSMO and Seventeen that cause all this....   yeah thats the ticket....

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005 - 02:12:46 PM »
Robb you are so right . That plus the fact the news can't report the news with out making biased one way or another. Every news station has its own political agenda and slant the facts (or omit) to serve their political needs. And most people are sheep and believe whatever the news tells them as if it was gosipal

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005 - 02:21:45 PM »
So let me get this straight, these politicians believe that they will stop illegal street racing if they remove nitrous from cars??? Tell me how this prevents anything from happening, they still will have cars that pump out enough horsepower to kill someone without the aid of nitrous. What a waste of time and money.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline OUTLAW

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005 - 02:50:53 PM »
its the bandwagon thingy..... find one thing that is in minority and single it out as the cause and everyone (in the majority) jumps on the bandwagon to get rid of it ......remember in today's society if you are different from me ...them you must be wrong-evil-corupt (take your pick)

WE WILL ASSIMILATE YOUR ASS

Offline Robb

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005 - 03:37:40 PM »
So let me get this straight, these politicians believe that they will stop illegal street racing if they remove nitrous from cars??? Tell me how this prevents anything from happening, they still will have cars that pump out enough horsepower to kill someone without the aid of nitrous. What a waste of time and money.

They dont believe it will stop anything.   Stopping it isnt what its about

Meanwhile the newspapers and Channel 7 News at 10 sell  "FEAR"      Why, cause people buy it.   

What it does do.....        is it gives Politicians a political leg-up with more voters who now think he/she actually stands for something for the next election so they can continue their "Political Ride".

The Media and Politics feed off of each other.

ITS ALL ABOUT CONTINUING THE POLITICAL RIDE AND SELLING ADVERTISING   :coffee:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005 - 03:41:13 PM by Robb »

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005 - 04:16:15 PM »
That is why I don`t watch the news anymore,it`s all just sensationalizing the bad news and blowing it all out of proportion to get people to watch it.Being older and wiser I drag race at the track but there will always be boys and street racing.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005 - 05:54:04 PM »
Bad news about the guy on the Bike, but then again it happenes EVERY minute.  :(
It's quite funny to read, a lot of the posts saying that these guys were idiots for racing on the streets???

You can't give me that you've all done it and do do it.

If you were at the lights tommorrow and a 454 Chev rolled up you wouldn't race it? Give me a break....... :laughing:

As for NOS, doesn't bother me.......Only babies are on the bottle.  8)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Robb

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005 - 07:10:27 PM »

As for NOS, doesn't bother me.......Only babies are on the bottle.  8)

NOS stickers were on hotrods rear windows before these Import tuners were even born   ;)

NOS and stickers aint a new thing  :nono:

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005 - 08:17:50 PM »
my Challys arn't on A bottle,  they drink from a six pack  :wasted:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline OUTLAW

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005 - 08:23:07 PM »
You can't give me that you've all done it and do do it.

Hell I opening admit I DO  do it, that is the only reason I broke the cuda out of mothballs. I widh I had a track in close proximity to where I live but dont so the only thing to do is to find a empty street some where.And yes at 52, I know better. But unfortuneately can't do better