Author Topic: my good deed  (Read 748 times)

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
my good deed
« on: April 26, 2005 - 11:44:41 AM »
Friday morning my aunt awoke me and said I have signed you up to work at the race today, she is a member of the local Rotary and there needed more people to drive handy cap around at PIR for the Nascar race here in Phoenix.     Well in two days I made $150 for the rotary working and $118 in tips for the rotary. I got a free T shirt and someone left the program ($15) and the good warm fuzzy feelings.  driving a 4 and 6 pasanger cart with 120,000 rude, a-hole, self centered, drunk race fans.  with a combonation of handy cap, lazy and drunk people in the cart do you think after the race, mind you its storming out (we didnt have a roof) and the a holes sitting in there car with the heat on would let us through to go the other way.  Heck no.  Im amazed with all the tight places I went I didnt scrape a person.   When 100,000 people try to all get to there camp site or car after the race trying to go into traffic is pointless put up you feet and wait.

About 11:00pm I was driving around and a Sheriff asked if he could catch a ride so i drove him to the grandstands while he went to get his cooler at the flag tower, I went up there with him,       He asked if I liked racing I said yes and he said why dont you go down on the track the gate was open so at 11 I stood right in the middle of the track at the start/finish line, we will see if the picture comes out.

If was fun, I vollentered to go back sat night (in the rain) but a lot of people couldnt walk and this was a big help to them to be able to see the race.    All of the passangers we very nice and the race went well, but Ford won  :mad:   Im sure Ill get a call in November to go back

Next time Im going to drive around on the in field instead of just pulling in.     :burnout: :burnout:
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: my good deed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005 - 12:33:46 PM »
Awwww, you did your aunt proud!  Good job!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: my good deed
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005 - 03:07:43 PM »
Sounds like not too bad of a day!!  Races are always fun!