New to the Board and returning to the Hobby

Author Topic: New to the Board and returning to the Hobby  (Read 981 times)

Offline scrag

New to the Board and returning to the Hobby
« on: April 28, 2005 - 10:53:24 PM »
Aloha,
I am was looking to get back into musclecars and return to the E-Bodies that I remember so fondly.  I had a couple of cars 21 years ago and really regret (especially now) selling them.  I am stationed in Hawaii and shipping of individual parts can significantly add to the cost of the build so one piece of advice I have already received was get one that is complete.  I was hoping for any advice I get from the members of this Board.  My dream car is a 70-71 Cuda 440 6 pack or Crate HEMI w/ 4 spd or a similar layout in a 70 Challenger.  I know a clone is the order of the day and I have been following a lot of different online sources for selling these cars.  I am of course a little limited on how much I can spend but I have seen a few great sweet deals come and go.  Again any help I could get or advice would be appreciatted.
Thanks

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: New to the Board and returning to the Hobby
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005 - 10:55:44 PM »
Welcome to the site.  For a completed 70-71 E body, with the 440-6, or HEMI, even clones, are gonna be alot of $$$.  Especially for 4 speeds.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005 - 10:57:50 PM »
Welcome to cc.com!!  Great place here for MUSCLE CAR people!!  Actually we have some members already from Hawaii!! Stick around and enjoy!!   :beer:

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005 - 09:07:50 AM »
Welcome to the site.  For a completed 70-71 E body, with the 440-6, or HEMI, even clones, are gonna be alot of $$$.  Especially for 4 speeds.

:iagree: I got to agree here - this isn't going to be one of those "budget" cars - good taste though!
I've seen "clone" Hemi cars ripping through several tens of thousands already.
Glad I got my big block 4 speed before the boom realy hit - haha, now that I think of it the guy sold me my car to do the resto on a 72 Vette - sucker.

A good thought would be maybe to lean towards the, and I use it for lack of a better idea, less desireable 72-74 and drop your own big block into it.
Even though I say less desireable, I'm only saying what the current "demand" seems to be for 70-71 and I love my 73.
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio