Author Topic: "DAY TWO"...almost done !  (Read 11269 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
"DAY TWO"...almost done !
« on: November 28, 2014 - 04:24:30 PM »
I alluded to it yesterday, but today I had two new customers place a deposit so I'm going to be busy....

First up is a 1970 440+6 V code Cuda. B5 blue inside and out, factory 4spd, shaker car..

Next is the car I was advertising for sale. A 1971 440+6 V code FC7 white interior shaker rubber bumper car.
The new owner is a big time collector from the States and he wants a full ground up restoration before he ships it home. http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/CURRENT-RESTORATION.html

I'll have more pictures once I get started, and once the blue car shows up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015 - 03:44:58 PM by anlauto »
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
Re: New work at AGAR
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014 - 04:35:21 PM »
You are DA MAN   :clapping: Congrats man, that is awesome.  I'm curious, I think you farm out your paint/body, but do you do all the other work yourself ? Do you have a helper ? Again, congrats   :woohoo:

Offline cordodge

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014 - 04:50:08 PM »
man, they are some beautiful cars for sure. ill be keeping a eye on the next two :worshippy
1970 challenger 95% done
1969 roadrunner in progress
1969 D-100 13,000 mile truck
1969 L-700 tilt cab in progress
2007  Dodge Ram 4x4
2017 hyundia Santa fe ultimate
1977 VERY UNDERSTANDING WIFE !! 😇

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014 - 05:16:28 PM »
You got some fantastic cars in the works!!!!   :clapping:  Looking forward to following along and learning some stuff.  Keep us posted with photos!   :woohoo:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014 - 05:24:17 PM »
Sweet, you will be in your element that's for sure!  :grinyes: :clapping: :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014 - 05:36:15 PM »
Be careful Alan, if take on too many cars you're going to have to work more than four hours a day  :roflsmiley:
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline Pimtao

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014 - 06:18:05 PM »
That's awesome! Congrats  :2thumbs: exited to see the b5 v code! Love that color!!!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014 - 09:23:00 PM »
Thanks guys....
There's a third car I'm 99% certain the guy is going to confirm as well which is a 71 340 Cuda....Along with the two I'm currently doing, that makes five.
I also got a call the other night from an original owner 72 340 4spd Cuda with the V21 option :drool:

AND...I hope a pray that I get another job that I was discussing with the original owners back at Carlisle....A certain EV2 Cuda convertible that I would give my left tooth to get a shot at restoring.... :drool:

In another thread we talked about winning the lottery...Like I said....I think I already have because I'm certainly living the dream  :bigsmile:

Not sure about more then 4 hours a day though....never thought of that :banghead:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014 - 10:04:19 PM »
  I'm curious, I think you farm out your paint/body, but do you do all the other work yourself ? Do you have a helper ?

No helpers ...Just me.

You're correct, I do out-source some of the main work like body and paint an major rust repair, etc... That's why I'm able to work on so many cars at one time.

I explain it this way.....

If you take your car to ANY of the major restoration places in North America they most likely have everything under "one roof" ...one very expensive "high overhead" roof. Jimbo takes the car apart, Joe sandblasts the car...Swen does the body and paint work and Ringo does the mechanical and Bob re-assembles....all under one roof.

In my case....I take the car apart, I send it to Don for sand blasting, Keith for metal work, Max for body and paint and it's back to me for re-assembly. The only difference is the "one roof" and of course the "high overhead" Each one of my guys have their own shops with their own overhead that I don't care about. I've been working with some of these guys for close to 20 years. Max has painted 16 cars for me  :scared: I can have four cars getting work done at the very same time.

What's even better, is when the cars are off getting this stuff done...I busy as a beaver doing everything else. I restore all the components, dash, heater box, pedals, column etc...etc...So when it comes back from paint...it takes weeks to reassemble not months or years....

I've been restoring Mopars for 30+ years and I'm getting pretty darn efficient  at it :worshippy...and I do it because I truly love doing restorations....I don't do it "to pay my overhead"... :nono:

Offline PasiR

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014 - 12:31:14 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014 - 01:33:23 PM »
Your system makes a lot of sense Alan. I think there are very few people that love their job as much as you do.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline ec_co

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014 - 04:47:43 PM »
can't wait to see the B5 Beast!! that shade of blue is my favorite '70 color when done correctly. I wish I had the dough to toss #6 your way .... it would be fun to see my no option /6 B5 contrasted next to that 440+6 beast
'70 Barracuda /6 3spd BH23C0E
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014 - 05:10:07 PM »
No helpers ...Just me.

You're correct, I do out-source some of the main work like body and paint an major rust repair, etc... That's why I'm able to work on so many cars at one time.

I explain it this way.....

If you take your car to ANY of the major restoration places in North America they most likely have everything under "one roof" ...one very expensive "high overhead" roof. Jimbo takes the car apart, Joe sandblasts the car...Swen does the body and paint work and Ringo does the mechanical and Bob re-assembles....all under one roof.

In my case....I take the car apart, I send it to Don for sand blasting, Keith for metal work, Max for body and paint and it's back to me for re-assembly. The only difference is the "one roof" and of course the "high overhead" Each one of my guys have their own shops with their own overhead that I don't care about. I've been working with some of these guys for close to 20 years. Max has painted 16 cars for me  :scared: I can have four cars getting work done at the very same time.

What's even better, is when the cars are off getting this stuff done...I busy as a beaver doing everything else. I restore all the components, dash, heater box, pedals, column etc...etc...So when it comes back from paint...it takes weeks to reassemble not months or years....

I've been restoring Mopars for 30+ years and I'm getting pretty darn efficient  at it :worshippy...and I do it because I truly love doing restorations....I don't do it "to pay my overhead"... :nono:

:2thumbs:

Offline 74 challenge

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014 - 07:56:01 AM »
ahem....

:useless:
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014 - 08:12:17 AM »
ahem....

:useless:

The B5 Blue 70 is not going to arrive until later this week. It's being shipped from about 20 hours away.
The FC7 71 is here now, there's some pictures already been posted here, or a couple on my web site.  http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/FORSALE-71-CUDA.html