Wow, what I would do if I could find something like this in a junkyard

Author Topic: Wow, what I would do if I could find something like this in a junkyard  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Here's a new page on Carsinbarns.com.  I cannot believe the potential sitting in that one photo. :'( http://www.carsinbarns.com/mopars%20in%20barns/pg130mopar.htm  The Barracuda shell up in the air is sad, but I'm sure with some $$ you could get it back together and out on the streets where it belongs. :cool:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
What would you do if you found THIS one?

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Ghost,
  I don't know where you found that picture, but I guarantee you that Hemi isn't in it anymore.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Pic was taken in Canada, circa 2003, I believe.  And, the Bee is still sitting there, from what I hear.

beamtallica

I HATE that web site! See'n thoes 71 cudas just siting there. While some jerk " well i'll get to it one of thes days". No, you wont. Now give us all your mopars and go buy you some ford's.  :puke: :stomp:

Offline Robb

I HATE that web site! See'n thoes 71 cudas just siting there. While some jerk " well i'll get to it one of thes days". No, you wont. Now give us all your mopars and go buy you some ford's.  :puke: :stomp:

seriousness without head-patting:

If money is tight, a Project Car is NOT the solution.
You need to seriously start looking at the cost of INDIVIDUAL PARTS on ebay and elsewhere if your gonna keep on with the "Project Car" theme.

My Challenger, for example, is worth more in parts on eBay, than it is as a whole car, in fairly decent original condition.  Thats just how it is.

Heaven-forbid your dream project car is coded for something as benign  as  a 6 way seat bracket.  Have you seen what those are selling for ?   Last one I saw was $800+ and the reserve still wasnt met.    (glad I got mine already, dang!)  Theres a BOATLOAD of stuff that you can chalk up as 1000 bucks this, 1000 bucks that...   and than theres all the nickel and dime and $250 stuff in-between.

From stuff youve posted,
You yourself could end up being "that jerk" that youre right now complaining about, with all the project cars and no money or time to fix them up.

Dude man, think about it....   

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Lovemy440

• mopar or no car
 WOW that last link got me hard!! lol jk

I would give anything to make a barn find like that
Nos is neat,
Injection hard to beat
But when it"s time to get goin
I'd rather be blown

beamtallica

seriousness without head-patting:

If money is tight, a Project Car is NOT the solution.
You need to seriously start looking at the cost of INDIVIDUAL PARTS on ebay and elsewhere if your gonna keep on with the "Project Car" theme.

My Challenger, for example, is worth more in parts on eBay, than it is as a whole car, in fairly decent original condition.  Thats just how it is.

Heaven-forbid your dream project car is coded for something as benign  as  a 6 way seat bracket.  Have you seen what those are selling for ?   Last one I saw was $800+ and the reserve still wasnt met.    (glad I got mine already, dang!)  Theres a BOATLOAD of stuff that you can chalk up as 1000 bucks this, 1000 bucks that...   and than theres all the nickel and dime and $250 stuff in-between.

From stuff youve posted,
You yourself could end up being "that jerk" that youre right now complaining about, with all the project cars and no money or time to fix them up.

Dude man, think about it....   

I would NEVER become what i am against. If i have a part for some ones cuda. And they really want it, i put my self in there place. Im going to sell it to them cheap.Why? because it makes me happy to know that i can help some one restore there "dream car", sure i could get more for the part. But im not about the money. I want people to know that there are still some good ol boys out there, that are honest and want to help you out. These cars really mean somthing to me, and it some times gets me mad to see a mopar sitting and rotting. And i know that some of thes guys are really going to restore them, and some of them will not. I want a 71 cuda, because of what it does to me. working on a cuda is my only escape. it's the only time i have to be me.Alot of this is because,way back in high school when i was having some VERY bad times, and i conected my self to my cuda. And now that i dont have one, i start to go crazy some times because i dont have an outlet. Yes i read my Bible, and it makes me feel good to do so. But its not my outlet. I've tryed so hard to find somthing eles,or stop liking and/or looking for a 71 cuda. But i cant. And i wont.So i am sorry if i get worked up some times, call it what you will. But I KNOW! That some one out there see's things like i do. Who is'nt looking to make a doller of a rusted out cuda roller that$" could be a hemi clone!"$, but wants to sell there car to some one with a passion,and can see the car for what it is and stads for.My heart is set, and i will continue to wait. And i will just keep quiet. NEVER! will i become what i am aginst.Thank you for your post. I know most of us here know that i dont have a cuda,but really want one. And may get sick of me "complaining" about it. But now they know just how much this means to me.God bless.Jesse

Plum6Pak

Well there are jerks and there are the ones who just can't help what situation they are in I guess. I wish Beamtallica the best of luck finding his project Cuda.  :thumbs:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Opps, I didn't realize I put this in the eBay deals. ::)  Thanks for moving it Rev.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
No problem Street :thumbs:

Beam, I can't wait till you finally get one!  What a day that will be!!  :grinyes:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

beamtallica

Thank you, And God bless  :patriot:

Offline RAD1229

• 72 Challenger
That guy with the one garage full of e-bodies needs a kick to the nuts if you ask me!! :banghead:    :dontknow:
1972 Challenger

Offline FEDEX

has anyone ever come across anything like this? Man, if i did, i wouldnt quit bugging the people. Id give my left nut just to know where some of these "cars in barns" are........