FirmFeel - powersteering boxes and Fast Ratio arms ?

Author Topic: FirmFeel - powersteering boxes and Fast Ratio arms ?  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Robb

FirmFeel - powersteering boxes and Fast Ratio arms ?
« on: May 06, 2005 - 11:12:24 PM »
http://firmfeel.com/powerst.htm

http://firmfeel.com/fastrati_a.htm

Probably going to get a FirmFeel powersteering box and put it in while the Motor is out of the bay.  Anyone had experience good or bad on these ?

Has anyone had experience with the Fast Ratio Pitman and Idler arms ?

thanks,
Robb

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: FirmFeel - powersteering boxes and Fast Ratio arms ?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005 - 12:21:20 AM »
Firm Feel has a good product
 the fast ratio arms will increase steering effort btu it will turn faster

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 70RT/SE

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005 - 08:36:06 PM »
I put in the stage 3 p/s box and fast ratio arms last fall in my Challenger. It is the best upgrade I have done so far.
I hated the over- boosted steering that I had. Just make sure that you have clearence for the fast ratio arms if you have headers.
I think most headers that are 1 7/8 won't fit.

Offline Robb

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005 - 11:24:48 PM »
Ordered the Stage-2 box today.    Will consider the fast ratio arms later on though.

Thanks guys !

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005 - 11:34:03 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Robb

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005 - 07:52:10 PM »
It showed up on the doorstep this afternoon.

I got the fittings swapped over, Its ready to go in, I think.

The PS box should be painted black right ?        :dontknow:

It showed up "raw" cast iron.
(my old one was kinda black and kinda missing paint so Im not all certain from that)

Btch n Blue

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005 - 09:51:44 PM »
Robb... let me know how the install goes... I'm swapping out my power box for a manual one... just like to know how things work out!! :thumbs:

Offline Robb

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005 - 10:45:38 PM »
Will do.   Im hoping its good.   

took 2 weeks for the Firmfeel to arrive after order.  not bad.

Still waiting on Keisler to ship my 5 speed to me.  (last promise was end of this month)

So 2 weeks maybe and Ill have a road report of the whole package.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005 - 01:25:59 AM »
 Keisler is great they say they have the stuff then take 6 months to get it to you  :dontknow:

Offline Robb

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005 - 01:12:59 PM »

Painted the steering box Satin black last night.  Couldnt find a reference of anyting different soooo.......

I  hear ya Chryco,

Only thing Im tweaked about that is that I totally worked out an awesome schedule for all these mods (440 swap, R/T conversion, bunch of odds and ends) so that everything would be delivered in order, as needed, with no constraints, so that the car wasnt hogging two stalls of my garage for longer than necessary ( a month), and I planned everything around the May 14-15 deliver date for maximum efficiency.   Everything else but the Keisler stayed to plan so now Im kinda sitting around picking my nose.   :laughup:   Of course I had to call them ( a couple times) to find out that it wasnt shipping on time.  For $5000 they ought not be shy to communicate  :-\

I understand They want to make that sale and get you committed instead of doing something else I guess.   Apparently if you cancel your order, they charge a 300$ restocking fee too.     (didnt hear that part on the phone when I got the sales spiel, but saw it on the invoice later)   

Funny how no one offers a rebate if they dont make THEIR committment.   Im sure theyd get upset if I said Id agred to pay 100$ for somethign and then at the last minute only give them 85$ and say sorry I had some supplier constraints I cant give you any more $$.    HAHAHA like that would ever fly. 

Ive had some other custom stuff done for other hobbies so any more Im just cynical about anythign that doesnt ship out the next day, and I come to expect it I guess regarless of what it promised.  (ex. Had a barrel that was sposed to take 5 weeks and end up taking 6 months couple years ago. )    Better late than never.

It has given me time to detail some other stuff at my leisure since I have nothing else better to do and the car is up on blocks hogging up the garage.   :grinno:

Im not pizzed about it, but I could be happier.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2005 - 01:22:15 PM by Robb »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005 - 01:32:34 AM »
it would be cool if they offered a $300 discount for every week they are late shipping, probably get it for free or they will owe you by the time they get it too you  :yawn:

Offline Mt.St.BigBlock

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005 - 08:19:11 PM »
Sad to say, but this is the down side of "supply and demand". Right now they got something a lot
of us are interested in, but basically they're the only source, so they can play this "BAIT and WAIT"
with us and stay in business. Until someone does the "China Syndrome" thing and offers up the
same basic package and undercuts them on price, will they treat customers like they need them. My
car is so far from done that I can wait it out and see if someone else comes to bat!!  Good luck
Robb, your project sounds awesome, I can't wait to read how it turns out!!   Jeff
71 cuda 383 3spd manual gy9

Btch n Blue

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005 - 08:48:20 PM »
Well Robb... I caved in and I'm buying a manual box and steering column off a local guy... under $100 combined... I just gotta change out the center bar in my steering column ( :banghead: I thought I was done tearing that damn thing apart!)

Good luck on getting everything back together though!! :thumbs:

Offline Robb

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005 - 12:13:50 PM »
Heres the overall update:
BnB
100$ for the total package is hard to pass up.  Thats worth the core price of the box alone in most cases.   Great Score !

MtStBB
Im all too familar with Supply and Demand.   Im wedged in tight and as long as the Keisler ends up being everything theyve sold it to be, a little more time isnt bad I guess.   My only grief is that my schedule was wrapped around their May 12 date.   I busted my as-s to get everything lined up. 

Firmfeel box is painted and installed:     with wheels in the air, and motor off, I can feel the difference in the tension.

I decided to knock some time out of the way, thinking that the Keisler kit would be here any day now  (they had told me end of this month last time)...   and Im squeezing tight on free-time lately. 

I dropped the 440 motor in on Memorial Day weekend, all the fuids are in, accessories wired and plugged in, fuel lines, re adjusted teh exhaust pipes etc etc etc.  Everything but the starter.  (no bellhousing or flywheel to mount it too, part of Keisler kit)

No word from Keisler, so I called a few times and got ahold of somebody:
he took the time to look at the Queue and Explain the situation and what they are doing to address demand, etc etc

BOTTOM LINE:
Looks like at least another 3 more weeks.     

Btch n Blue

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005 - 06:16:20 PM »
Thanks man!

3 more weeks!? :eekbig: :eekbig: Yikes.... :newsad: