Author Topic: SRT 8 SEATS IN A CUDA  (Read 9657 times)

Offline moprr

Re: SRT 8 SEATS IN A CUDA
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015 - 03:08:34 PM »
Do these srt 4 seats tilt to allow access to the rear?

Offline turbo224

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015 - 03:23:52 PM »
These are the "Viper Inspired" seats from any Neon SRT4. Yes, they tilt forward to allow access to the rear, and the seats still slide on its own seat track. They are not a direct bolt in, I had to cut away the stock mounting tabs and weld on some spacers on one side of the seats to account for the uneven floors in the Cuda. Very light fabrication. The overall footprint of the SRT4 seat is roughly 4" longer and 1" narrower than your stock ebody seats. I will post a few fabrication pictures a little later.   
~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City

-1971 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk Tribute
-1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T

Offline turbo224

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015 - 04:06:10 PM »
Basically all you need to do is remove the stock mounts with your grinder and fab up some leveling blocks for the inside track. Front bolt hole of the outside track gets used, and then I drilled an additional hole in the rear of the outside track that lines up with the factory hole in the floor. These aren't the prettiest, but it's only the second time I've ever welded. Took me an hour per seat.

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015 - 04:11:08 PM »
Very nice fab work turbo,   :cooldancing:   it takes time and patience  welds look fine :ylsuper:

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015 - 03:38:38 PM »
Won't the seat be offset to the steeringwheel when you use the outside holes?
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline turbo224

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015 - 04:09:01 PM »
Won't the seat be offset to the steeringwheel when you use the outside holes?

Yes, the seat is about 1.5" off center. That was the trade off I made since I didn't want to drill new holes in my floor pans. You would never know by looking at it, and most people would never notice even when sitting in the car. My dad and my brother both sat in the car after the swap to see how the seats felt and neither of them even noticed.

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
SRT 8 SEATS IN A CUDA
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015 - 08:48:18 AM »
Ok, I have Viper seats (basically same seat) in my Cuda, and I made brackets to center the seat, but it made the seat a little high in the car. I'm looking to correct that now. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015 - 08:49:55 AM by jvike »
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015 - 10:02:53 AM »
I bought a set of the normal 2009 Challenger seats from a guy that had the dealer install SRT8 seats in his car.  I cut the floorboard up a bit to get them to fit as shown in the pics starting about half way down the page   http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/Challengerrebuild.htm  There are more pics of them further down the page

They sit about an inch higher than I would like but my main gripe is that the view thru the steering wheel is now obstructed by the upper part of the wheel....

All in all, there are probably better seats for the swap with less effort but they sure feel good going down the road   :)