Author Topic: TODAY'S LESSON - - - UPDATED  (Read 14825 times)

Offline marc70challenger

Re: TODAY'S LESSON - - - Hide & Seek
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015 - 11:32:57 AM »
Thanks! It took a year of my life, working 40+ hours on my day job then another 4-6 hours every night of the week plus 8-12 hours every Saturday & Sunday... Also I sold a very nice done car to offset the cost of doing this car.....   Had it done for about two weeks before I drove it to Vegas.... 503 miles from my driveway to the entrance of Circus Circus... Came home with a couple trophies & a magazine feature.... Since then I've driven it over 75K miles...

That's great!!!!!   And 75k since - proves you did it right!

We got our Challenger after a restore .... crappy health news .... didn't want to wait.   Things looking good now .... prayers and fingers crossed and not letting this crap beat me .... will give us time to do my wife's '57 Bel Air .... body is in good condition but was done in '89 .. so we will re-do most of it ourselves ....

1970 Challenger 340 Performance Package
1965 Barracuda - "The Pumpkin"  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=116471.0

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: TODAY'S LESSON - - - UPDATED
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015 - 09:39:58 PM »
Thought I would do a little update on this original 1970 440+6 4spd Shaker Cuda....

Eight months ago it showed up on my door step looking rather sad....today it's proud as a peacock wearing it's fresh EB5 Blue Fire metallic paint !

This is just the first colour coats, still to be assembled, wet sanded and the final colour coats applied to the exterior body...I expect it back here for assembly in a week or so...
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015 - 09:52:20 PM »
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline Pimtao

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015 - 10:49:15 PM »
Hmmmm I don't know. Those spray patterns don't look right and no dip line and overspray  :nono:

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015 - 03:09:28 PM »
Details of the restoration here: http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/B54406CUDA.html

:wow: Dand alan,get down here to minnesota and grab my "71 chally and GIT R DONE............... MAN I WISH I HAD THE CASH FOR YOU TO FINISH IT.  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015 - 03:20:12 PM »
         Love the steering wheel, blue/wood.   :drool:

:rebel:

Offline soundcontrol

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015 - 04:08:27 PM »
Excellent work! Very inspiring! For example, the brake/clutch pedal assembly, how did you get it that nice? Glassblast? Treatment? How did you make the bolts look brand new? Blows my mind.
/ Ken
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=102525.0
topic=108917.new#new

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015 - 07:55:32 PM »

What no blackout on the radiator support with overspray?

Come on Alan....

Btw, is that really the color of the lockout piece on the column? I've always seen them as black and I'm curious.

:2thumbs:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015 - 08:10:11 PM »
Nothing on my restorations is correct. I make up everything as I go along and I paint everything whatever colour "I" feel like...

Since "I'm" the one restoring this car...I'll do the black-out whenever I feel like it.....

You pin heads are just a bunch of self proclaimed know it alls why don't you die....

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: How was that ? Was that a good answer :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015 - 08:40:47 PM »
 The perfect "Alan Answer".   :2thumbs:   :smilielol:

Offline rhamson

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015 - 09:50:31 AM »
Nothing on my restorations is correct. I make up everything as I go along and I paint everything whatever colour "I" feel like...

Since "I'm" the one restoring this car...I'll do the black-out whenever I feel like it.....

You pin heads are just a bunch of self proclaimed know it alls why don't you die....

I don't restore them either. I restomod what I want as the original cars did not stop or turn from the factory. I stay away from original cars as I am not stupid enough to ruin an investment car that someone else will pay grossly inflated prices for. I'll leave that stuff up to that idiot in Oregon who thinks he is making original restorations when they are just that - restorations. The big money wants barn finds and in many cases won't even remove the dust and guano when they sell it. At Carlisle this years was a Superbird barn find with ridiculously low miles and covered in bird crap, dust and dirt. No one could even estimate the price to buy it. What a waste!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: How was that ? Was that a good answer :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline moparman82

• MOPAR or No car
  • Resident
  • Livin' the dream
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015 - 09:57:01 AM »
Rhamson, I think you missed the sarcasm there, Alan specializes in factory correct numbers cars, his statement was a response to another member who likes to talk $hit and put people down.
Scott in Omaha
Searching for the right 70 Cuda driver
1973 challenger in go-mango, on it's way to a 70 T/A clone SOLD
2015 crew cab Hemi ram SOLD
2019 Ram Laramie
2016 Tahoe LTZ SOLD
1976 Ramcharger 383 4spd SOLD
2016 Audi

24 mopars past and 2 present

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015 - 11:10:59 AM »
Nice restoration pictures and great work by Alan.  I was surprised to see a 440-6, 4 speed car with drum front brakes.  Isn't this a bit unusual?
The Brewmaster

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015 - 12:00:31 PM »

Alan, come on you know I was pulling your leg.

Anyway, I'd love to hear about the lockout piece.
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015 - 12:13:32 PM »
Alan, come on you know I was pulling your leg.

Anyway, I'd love to hear about the lockout piece.

I've seen them in the past where they show signs of being gold cad plated like other parts before being spot welded to a bare metal tube. I don't claim this to be correct. If you've seen them black, then use that knowledge to restore your own car. I just did this one with spray paints...I like to add colour. :2thumbs: