Author Topic: CHL rear quarter  (Read 2609 times)

Offline 3D

CHL rear quarter
« on: March 25, 2015 - 02:04:11 PM »
Anyone used one of these rear Full quarters? I was lucky to get a drivers AMD one locally, but now they want to sell me a CHL passengers quarter. It looks decent but installing it is a different game.
Let me know your thoughts.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: CHL rear quarter
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015 - 02:24:43 PM »
Stick with AMD :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015 - 11:14:54 PM »
I've never heard of the other company, but I'd give it a good looking over and if they'll let you give it a trial fit, who knows? Is the price diff worth the effort?  :dunno:

Offline 3D

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015 - 11:18:25 AM »
I've never heard of the other company, but I'd give it a good looking over and if they'll let you give it a trial fit, who knows? Is the price diff worth the effort?  :dunno:

That's the issue, the CHL fender is $490 Canadian and I pick it up after work. the AMD panel is $650 US ($798.00 CDN) and I'll have to drive down to the border to pick it up so add another $40.00 for gas and hopefully its not damaged in shipping!
I'm going to ask them today if I can pick it up and test fit it at least.

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015 - 11:06:48 PM »
There you go! As a fellow Canuck, I feel your pain. I can't see why, if you open the box carefully and don't mark/twist up the panel, that you couldn't give it a test fit and if it doesn't look right, take it back. Good luck with your quest!  :thumbsup:

Offline 3D

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015 - 08:43:51 PM »
For those interested,
OK, so I picked up that CHL quarter today and I just mounted it. surprisingly it is just as good as the AMD quarter! all the bends and mounting flanges are the same, the only thing I can tell is the center body line isn't as crisp/sharp as the AMD panel and where it mounts to the rocker below the door it isn't recessed to allow for solder (no big deal). I went out to my parts cars (I have five!) and noticed the factory center body line isn't supposed to be as crisp/sharp as the AMD panel, but it does look better.
The CHL panel is .040 thick and the AMD panel is .035, so its even a thicker gauge steel. I would highly recommended a CHL panel as its almost half price of an AMD quarter here in Canada.
Oh, and I called the local Dodge dealer and was quoted $750.00 for a quarter, but he cant tell me who makes it until it shows up!
 :burnout:
oh, and notice how they spell barracuda in china!  Lol
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015 - 08:58:37 PM by da4ad »

Offline lulurocks

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015 - 09:03:50 PM »
Awesome!! thanks for the parts review....  Sheet metal  dollars add up fast ....... Its nice to know an alternative that fit correct and saved you some money..

regards

Ken

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015 - 10:02:10 PM »
There you go again! Glad to see it worked out and it's always nice to save some $ on parts.  :cheers:

Offline 3D

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015 - 10:06:41 PM »
There you go again! Glad to see it worked out and it's always nice to save some $ on parts.  :cheers:

Yes, thanks. Now I have to get a roof skin. Guess what CHL. We'll see how that goes!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015 - 06:59:43 AM »
Where did you buy it from ?
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 3D

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015 - 07:39:55 AM »
I purchased it from what I believe is the biggest body parts/glass warehouse here in Winnipeg. I believe they are now owned by LKQ, who has been buying up a lot of companies! Oh and I will add GREAT customer service! I do get a discount on parts (work account).

https://www.orderkeystone.com/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015 - 07:14:57 PM by da4ad »