Author Topic: window alignment guide  (Read 4864 times)

Offline jordan

• no replacement for displacement
window alignment guide
« on: April 11, 2015 - 11:03:19 AM »
my drivers door on my cuda is missing the rear alignment guide that attaches to the outer part of the door and pushes on the glass to hold it into the door frame seal.  I checked my passenger side to verify what it looks like.  It is a small slightly angled piece with a rubber bumper attached where it touches the glass.  My glass is scratched from where it touches on the door metal because it falls away when I roll the window down.  I have a new glass, but can't install it until I get the correct alignment tab.  Does anybody know where I can get one?  I did not see any on eBay.  Any leads would be great.  Thanks in advance. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: window alignment guide
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015 - 07:36:27 PM »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline jordan

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015 - 11:11:10 PM »
Thanks Neil.  I need the outer one.  Just one.  Not fuzzy, but rubber covered where it touches the glass.  I did a quick search with no luck today.  I wonder if they are in other models of cars?  A-body?  B-body?  I may check the junk yard near here just in case.  Doesn't make sense to replace my glass until I have this.  Its probably not worth aligning the glass until I get this.   :violin:

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015 - 11:35:09 PM »
Please post a photo of the part you're looking for. It'd make life easier and help someone find your part for you.  :cheers:

Offline 1 Wild R/T

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015 - 11:37:44 PM »
I'm not following what your describing, got a picture?   Near the front of the glass are the two clamping points that capture the front guide... In the rear there is a C shaped channel & an interlocking C shaped guide these each have a ramped wedge to more accurately locate the glass at the top of it's travel..  There are two felt covered guides as shown in the post above & there is a rubber covered piece but that limits the upward travel of the glass & has nothing to do with in & out position, it doesn't touch the glass, it hits a plastic stop that protrudes from the glass.....   I suspect your looking for the travel limiter but you have it's purpose confused...
JS27N0B 70 Challenger R/T Convertible  FJ5 Sublime, Show Poodle w/90,000 miles since resto
WS27L8G 68 Coronet R/T Convertible  PP1 Bright Red, Project
RM21H9E 69 Road Runner Coupe R4 Performance Red, Sold...
5H21C  65 Falcon 2 dr Wagon... Dog Hauler...

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015 - 08:37:41 AM »
"I think"...he's talking about the window up-stop which I hope does not come in contact with the glass :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015 - 10:04:18 AM »
But he's talking outer. All the up stop stuff is on the inside.  :clueless:
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015 - 10:13:47 AM »
But he's talking outer. All the up stop stuff is on the inside.  :clueless:

Depends on the year
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015 - 10:55:02 AM »
Really? It's crazy how they would change stuff around from year to year on the same model. I can see it on cosmetic stuff like grill, tail lights, a bit of interior stuff, but window hardware? What do they gain?
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015 - 10:57:50 AM »
What do they gain?

Ease of production, or lower production costs :dunno:

Offline 1 Wild R/T

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015 - 01:10:00 PM »
Really? It's crazy how they would change stuff around from year to year on the same model. I can see it on cosmetic stuff like grill, tail lights, a bit of interior stuff, but window hardware? What do they gain?

There are so many little mechanical details changed from 70 to 71 & the again from 71 to 72 it's unbelievable... Door shells, cat whiskers, door latches, window tracks, regulators, guides, the glass, the weatherstripping .... And thats just in the doors...
JS27N0B 70 Challenger R/T Convertible  FJ5 Sublime, Show Poodle w/90,000 miles since resto
WS27L8G 68 Coronet R/T Convertible  PP1 Bright Red, Project
RM21H9E 69 Road Runner Coupe R4 Performance Red, Sold...
5H21C  65 Falcon 2 dr Wagon... Dog Hauler...

Offline jordan

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015 - 01:44:51 PM »
Thanks for the discussion guys.  Im wrenching on a custom honda motorcycle this afternoon.  When I get that project done, Ill snap a photo or two and post up here tonight to see if anybody recognizes what Im talking about.  Ill have to pull the door panels off again first.