Author Topic: Slimey Pachy. (just finished the last one...)  (Read 14591 times)

Offline rUNCHARGER

Slimey Pachy. (just finished the last one...)
« on: May 31, 2015 - 11:13:57 AM »
Well: I'm back on another one. I just finished my Orange A66 Hemi/swap and not due to any planning whatsoever I am back on another Challenger right away. Originally it seemed like a silly idea to do another similar car to my orange one but the more I thought about it, it just didn't make sense not to do it. Car is originally a JS29U, 4 speed, Super Track Pack car, R/T hood, white stripes, white roof, black leather interior. It's all going back stock with 15X7 rally wheels except the engine is gone, (trans is matching). So my proven 472, Stage V Hemi is going in this one. I had this engine in my 66 Hemi Coronet over the last 10 years and it is very tractable with lots of power. It's a solid lifter engine so I may delete the PB but I do remember my 73 Cuda/Hemi swap from 1980, it had a mod in the factory valve cover that allowed the stock Wedge engine booster to be used so I might relive that little mod. Anyway here we go again.
One thing I am considering is a T/A hood or an Unlimited fiberglass T/A scoop attached to an NOS flat hood I've been tripping over for 30 years. I have an R/T hood but it needs a bit of work and I don't want to use an AMD on this car. The T/A hood harkens back to Dick Landy's SE but I think the SE thing with the T/A hood doesn't quite match.

Sheldon

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
Re: Slimey Pachy. (just finished the last one...)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015 - 11:23:45 AM »
       :clapping:      :popcorn:

Offline rUNCHARGER

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015 - 11:53:15 AM »
More shots. First plan will be cleaning, painting and installing the Dana, then lift the K-member and engine/trans in. Lots to do first though, repair a couple of oil leaks, build a right 70 valvecover out of a parts 69 cover I have and check the 4 speed out. Then pull up the vinyl, repair the roof plug installation etc. It will be another busy year.

Sheldon

Offline rUNCHARGER

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015 - 08:13:15 PM »
I was going to let the car sit over the summer but I can't keep my hands off it. I'm just waiting for a clutch and flywheel and I'll be installing the K-member,trans/engine. Everything has been gone through, cleaned and painted. The Dana 60 is in it as well as the gas tank and the backend bits. I am waiting for fasteners for the SE trim and the trunk edge trim though. My plans changed on the hood as I didn't want anything to do with a bodyshop, so I will be installing the 71 shaker hood back on it.

Sheldon

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015 - 08:23:14 PM »
Hey....looking great ! :cooldancing:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015 - 09:11:36 PM »
Cool.   :popcorn:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015 - 09:21:35 PM »
Looking great!

Keep posting on the progess.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline rUNCHARGER

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015 - 10:20:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Probably boring for a lot of people but I enjoy seeing other guys cars going together too. I learned from the last car to clean up the original parts and avoid repro stuff at all costs. Pretty broke right now though as I found some rare parts at good prices so I had to pick them up. I hate looking for another nice shaker bubble but it beats getting a decent bulge hood matched up to the paint.

Sheldon

Offline rUNCHARGER

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015 - 08:31:50 PM »
Clutch and Flywheel came in yesterday so placed the engine/trans/K-member assy. today. Not in a rush but I need the room in the garage.

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015 - 10:16:43 PM »
Boy, don't I wish I had your dilemma! Hmm, whether to pick the shaker on the hemi- or not! I'd give a gonad to have what you've got in that garage and I can't imagine the glee when you fire it up and drive it the first time. Have fun.  :cheers:

Offline rUNCHARGER

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015 - 10:23:13 AM »
Oh yeah they're fun all right. I bought my first Challenger in 1978 (71 R/T, 383, 4 speed). I appreciate what I have for sure. I'll probably have to sell one of them when I complete the green car but I'm not looking forward to making that decision.

Sheldon

Offline rUNCHARGER

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015 - 05:21:46 PM »
I would have primed it and not added the subframe connectors but is nice and bright under here and you don't need a trouble light.

Sheldon

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015 - 05:40:34 PM »
                        Lookin fine as frog hair    :cooldancing:   beautiful work.     :drool:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015 - 08:29:45 PM »
That was the one major down fall for me was the fact some idiot welded frame connectors in it :screwy:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015 - 10:41:20 PM »
That was the one major down fall for me was the fact some idiot welded frame connectors in it :screwy:

Putting frame connectors on E bodies is like nuetering your Dog.

It hurts to do it, but they live longer and happier lives after.   :biggrin:
Mike, Fremont, CA.