Im on my way the search continues.

Author Topic: Im on my way the search continues.  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Wanted:cuda

Im on my way the search continues.
« on: May 24, 2005 - 03:57:08 PM »
Luckily today i got the VIN number and the VIN history of my dads 1974 360 cuda, it turns out it has changed owners 7 times since my dad has owned it. I now have the last registered owners name so i will be contacting him as soon as i can get his address and number. The last Ontario plate on the car is CBY 995, however the status of the last owner reads active/unplated i dont know what this means as all other owners including my dad listed is under inactive.Heres the begining of the VIN BS23L4B.

Anyway just thought id update you guys on how the search is going, hopefully have the car soon. :driving:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Im on my way the search continues.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005 - 04:04:42 PM »
Wow,
 That's GREAT news!!!  :grinyes: I'd love to know what idiots messed with my car. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Seriously, how did you go about the tracking process?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline loco340cuda

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005 - 05:52:38 PM »
Yeah, how did you track down the previous owners, I like to know this too.  Thanks
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed - now stroked to 416ci (SOLD)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005 - 05:55:01 PM »
No doubt. I always wanted to meet the first original owner or at least talk to him.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005 - 06:35:46 PM »
If you have the vin , you can go to Carfax.com and get a complete history of a car.  Everyone who has registered it, if it was ever wrecked, if it was ever involved in a crime , etc. 

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005 - 06:42:55 PM »
yeah, but I don't think it will give addresses of previous owners. That's an invasion of privacy. At least here in Ca. Since that moviestar was killed. She was tracked by DMV info the killer got from them. Then, DMV stopped info on previous owners.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline MoparMatt383

• Member as of March 2004
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005 - 07:33:07 PM »
I looked at carfax awhile ago and I thought they only did cars 1981 and newer.  Have they changed things.

Matt
Too many projects and nothing gets done.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005 - 07:36:25 PM »
I looked at carfax awhile ago and I thought they only did cars 1981 and newer.  Have they changed things.

Matt

Either that or they only went back a limited amount of years.   :dontknow: 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005 - 07:42:01 PM »
Your gooooooooood.....wanna find our broadcast sheets for us now?  :D :grinyes:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005 - 07:48:45 PM »
The difference is that he is in Canada. Canadian vehicle records can be had for a fee, even if you do not own the car.

T/Ake care,
Barry

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005 - 02:43:14 PM »
Patience and Determination guys, i went from having nothing besides a description from my dad to the VIN, the ability to know the address and number of evryone that has owned the car and its complete history incluiding where it should be now. THe VIN history was hard as i didnt have the VIN so i got the MTO (ministry of transportation) to do a vehicle search on my dads lisence number from there i got the car VIN, then i got a VIN history search done, i got everyowners full name and drivers lisence number ( took VIN again to the MTO $12 for the search), from there i take there name and i now can get every one of there addresses over the internet. Its not that hard guys, if my dads isnt in good shape im going to search for a 1971 that hasnt been registered in 10 years  :thumbs:

Hopefully my dads in in good shape, it hasnt been on the road/registered since may 1985.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005 - 02:47:41 PM by Wanted:cuda »

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005 - 04:15:07 PM »
Think i may of gotten really lucky. I had a soccer game about 1hr and 30 mins from my house 3 weeks ago, and i saw a 1972-1974 cuda in a guys driveway. I had another game there last night this time my dad came, and the car hadn't moved. Well i showed him and he thinks it is his car, as he had a set of cragers for summer, then he had the rallyes for winter. However he took the rallyes and painted them black, leaving the chrome rim and the center thing. Well the car had these rims on it, it is a dark brown/burgendy/black colour that looks really good, was originally black.It also looked like the rear was raised as my dads was, and had the same tips. So were going to head back there soon and see if it is his first and see if he wants to sell.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005 - 09:02:18 PM »
Man that is great news, good luck with your search.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002