Where Are You At With Your Resto??

Author Topic: Where Are You At With Your Resto??  (Read 9075 times)

Plum6Pak

Where Are You At With Your Resto??
« on: May 26, 2005 - 06:47:19 AM »
There have been a few of these type threads in the past but after seeing NZ's, Rev N Red's, BBlue's, 4C's, 74Challey's etc, I thought it would be fun to see just where everyone is at right now. Mine's still in the body work stage and I've been working on other car deals and trades etc. Here is a pic of mine as it sits waiting for the body man (me) to get back to work!!

Offline Wrencher

• 73 Plain Jane 318 Auto Project
Re: Where Are You At With Your Resto??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005 - 07:16:17 AM »
Teardown & bodywork.  It's not pretty.  Once I have the structure done (frame rails, floor pans) I'll move on to the quarters.  Lots of metal work left to do.   :newsad:

05/31/05 update - finished welding in shock crossmember, gutted interior, started cutting out rusty floor pan on driver side. 

06/13/05 update - Driver's floorboard in

06/21/05 update - LR floorboard ready to install.  Underneath of floorpan painted.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005 - 11:10:52 AM by Wrencher »

cudahob

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005 - 08:46:23 AM »
Haven't started yet Plum.

35 days and counting till I can move back into my house. It's killing me  :banghead:  :mad: :banghead:

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005 - 09:01:29 AM »
P6P - you are ahead of me I think. My trunk, new tank, sender, polished straps and tail section is finished and complete.

I FINALLY got my cowl and firewall section from a donor Challenger in East Portland Oregon. I pondered metal smithing all the repair panels myself but my damage was so various and spread out, it would look like a patch-work quilt when I was done. Donor section looks pretty good. I need to separate the top cowl from the firewall and then get all bead blasted and painted.

I have engine parts at the platers and at the powder coater. Hope to get it all in one pile soon - my garage cant hold much more! 
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005 - 10:06:46 AM »
Well, I'm pretty much working with the front suspension and saving up some more money to have the rest of the body finished off.  (Psss, anyone interested in a running, driving '61 Studebaker Champ pickup?) :dontknow: ::)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005 - 11:37:11 AM »
Ive only been off from college for the last two weeks and other projects have kept me away from my car. In the last two weeks Ive been working on a fender and tieing up loose ends on my dad's challenger. His car should be coming out of paint this weeked(changed the hood to a power buldge) so I will post some pictures of when he first bought it and how it looks now with new cragars, new interior, new side exhaust, and it was wet sanded and buffed. In about a week I will start working on my car again, at this point everything is in sealer, so Im gonna start reworking the doors, than the 1/4s, and lastly the fenders.....
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

beamtallica

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005 - 12:00:19 PM »
Well the paint and body is all done. Next time i day dream i'll drop in the HEMI. :coffee:

Offline Fred

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005 - 12:09:49 PM »
Mine is somewhat in the "not sure what to do" stage. :dontknow:

Got a new gas tank to install.  Once installed the car can be occasionally street driven as-is as long as the '96 inspection tag gets replaced with a current one.  Oh yea, it needs some insurance too.

Mike, are your polished straps purchased, or can that be done to original straps?  Was thinking about painting my tank gray.

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005 - 12:32:06 PM »
I've been distracted by other projects and a bad back. Haven't done much work in the past 2 months. I need to finish up the trunk, weld in the A/C firewall section, and send the car to the blaster. After that, I have to put on quarter skins and do some other metal repair. Ugh.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005 - 01:30:20 PM »
This is a great thread.  If everyone with a project post once and just modify their post as progress was made, it would be a great reference area and not 10 pages long.  :dontknow:   You could check and see who is in the same stage as you are . . .ask questions and get opinions.

So I will forever be working on e bodies and will always have some kind of project going on!!   As most members know, I am building a cuda convertible and have been for a few years now.  I am close to the finish line at this point with only a few things left to do.  The major things are as follows:

*All glass needs to be installed but prep work is done and I believe I'm close to attemping it.
*Door panels need to be fit and installed and a few finishing touches need to be done in the interior. 
*Grill, bumper and front valance need to be installed, one bumper bracket needs to be straightened
*Shaker kit needs to be installed, hardware needs to be found for this to be completed. 
*Some chrome trim still needs to be installed around the windshield.
*The car still needs to be color sanded and I'm looking for someone I like and trust can do the job.
*Sterio needs to be installed and I'm making boxes for the trunk.  Probably 2 - 12" subs and some hi's too. 
*Some weatherstripping still needs to be completed, trunk and doors. 

Parts have been secured for most of that list.  Just need to get-r-done.   :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005 - 02:11:36 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005 - 01:50:49 PM »
4C...you are about at the same stage we are.  Our car is at the body shop now, getting all prettified.  We should have her back late next week.  Then we have to....

*  Put on vinyl top
*  Install front and rear glass
*  Install all weatherstripping
*  Install all trim
*  Install door panels
*  Install mirrors
*  Install door handles
*  Put on front bumper and grill
*  Finish A/C lines and charge
*  Finish interior trim

How many days left till carlisle???  :eekbig:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005 - 04:11:59 PM »
Like Steve I also have been somewhat slowed by my back problems but the `69 is slowly coming along.Right now my friend Phill is helping me rebiuld my manual valve body 727 to bolt behind the 360 so I can test fire it hopefully in a week or two.The body has been in primer since last fall but still needs final sanding and a reprime before paint.The dash is installed,the seats and shifter mounted and the interior is painted black.Fuel cell is in with the pump and lines all run,brakes and lines are all done,drivesaft loop installed,line lock ready to go.  :burnout:

Things still to go are-
The already mentioned trannny,tranny lines and cooler
Headers painted and exhaust done
Driveshaft shortened
Sand and paint
Plus all the little things-engine pulleys,bleeding brakes,carb rebiuld etc.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2005 - 04:17:02 PM by torredcuda »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005 - 04:32:46 PM »
Still taking it apart! :grinyes:
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005 - 07:05:40 PM »

Looking GREAT everyone!!!  :D :drool: :grinyes: :worship: :thumbs: We rock!! Over 3/4+ of us are doing restos!!  ;) :beer:

Mine is about 2-3 weeks away from beginning the interior work......... 8)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005 - 07:54:57 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"