Author Topic: Graveyard Carz - New Season, here's the new trailer  (Read 20613 times)

Offline soundcontrol

Re: Graveyard Carz - New Season, here's the new trailer
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2015 - 04:28:22 PM »
Aah, Season 5 Ep 1 just showed up on Youtube! Gonna watch it now.  :)
/ Ken
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=102525.0
topic=108917.new#new

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2015 - 05:58:50 PM »
Mark makes mistakes like any other human being, especially when it comes to after-market addons at the customers request. The oil-pan was also not OE for that engine which is why he didn't suspect there would be an issue when dropping the engine onto an after-market k-member. As you seen in the episode, it was a relatively easy fix.

As far as Mark giving his team a hard-time - it's shop talk and it's not "made" up or anything. The difference between the old team and the new team is the old team (Daren, Josh, and Holly) didn't actually work at the shop unless we were filming. This new team works whether we are filming or not. As a business, this is much better.

As someone "who is very close to this show", there is still natural and funny banter, but it's more light-hearted, less hateful, no screaming matches, etc. The next episode airing this Wednesday shows Mark painting the 70 Hemi Charger RT, they finish and deliver the 383 Cuda, the Phantom Cuda is returned from AMD, Mark and his engine builder Mike build out the 440 Six Pack for the Plum Crazy Challenger, they try and get a 340 Cuda started (where in a later episode we discover that a past employee may have sabotaged the engine), and finally they cut and buff the 70 Hemi Charger and show an awesome preview of what one can expect for the season.

If you can't bear seeing Mark give his team a hard time and see that team dish it right back, then you'll be missing out on one of the best seasons of Graveyard Carz.

Not sure if it was you that we met last week, but the film crew was there loading the Purple 440 car,and I must say yall were the nices people to let us in after hours,big ups to you guys, We were there in a road ridden silver/gray 2012 challenger, had a blast meeting you and the crew, if possible thanks Mark and Royal they were very cool :cheers:

Offline Gus cuda

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2015 - 07:26:33 AM »
I for one love the "show", remember that guys, it is a "show". The beauty of it is it's all mopar, so I'm all in.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015 - 09:25:04 AM »
I watched Season 5 Episode 1 on YouTube and quite enjoyed it. It is nice to see so many Mopars in one place.

I can't believe they're still working on the "Phantom Cuda" I thought that story would have been finished by now. I believe I know the owner of the car, he owns my Barrelcuda now too.

If this show is a example of the season to come, I will watch. :2thumbs:

I like the "progress board" I was thinking of doing the same thing only smaller with no pictures, just to keep track of my projects....although I don't have anybody to share it with :crying:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015 - 02:31:08 PM »

I didn't see where that was disclosed... I don't think he can change Mark's ways though... :misbehaving:

I understand it that he works on the show and jumps in to discuss it, no problem with that.
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline dfrazz

• 1970 Cuda - 1968 Charger
  • Resident
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2015 - 09:16:41 PM »
I think people forget that behind ever beautiful car restored, there is still people who are restoring it. And people get frustrated, make mistakes, have a difference of opinion etc. The same concept applied to anything made by hand - if I were to show you a television show about the filmmakers who make Graveyard Carz - you'd see there is arguing, drama, etc that happens there too. (In fact, you can watch a sizzle of just that here: https://vimeo.com/51953959)

It doesn't mean the end product is crap. As a business owner, think about the pressure of restoring someones car on camera, documenting every step. That's pretty scary. For GYC, everyone one of our customers has been satisfied - well with the exception of one who didn't know the difference of a restoration and collision repair.

I know the owner of the '70 Hemi Charger was not happy with the list of issues he had when his car was delivered. However, I understand that Mark worked (is still working) with him to correct everything.  It is a beautiful Charger BTW.

4268 - Do you have a Mopar?  Why dont you post an intro in the Newbie section with some pics?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2015 - 09:19:26 PM »
Yea...in the episode I just watched, Mark talked about the aggressive work load and wanted to get cars moved through the shop....Not really the best plan if things like what was on the Charger list get over looked.... :eek7:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline JoeGrapes

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2015 - 10:05:37 PM »
I just finished watching the second new episode of Graveyard Carz. I have to say they finally got the show to where it's a pleasure to watch. I can't wait until next week. Good job Mark!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2015 - 10:12:03 PM »
Someone let me know when it's on YouTube :bigsmile:

Offline soundcontrol

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2015 - 05:02:03 AM »
Someone let me know when it's on YouTube :bigsmile:

It's on Youtube, 18 minutes ago  :)
Alan, you can subscribe to Graveyard Carz on Youtube, there a red subscribe button. You need to register an account though.
/ Ken
topic=108917.new#new

Offline soundcontrol

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2015 - 05:03:55 AM »
I didn't see where that was disclosed... I don't think he can change Mark's ways though... :misbehaving:

Probably not, but if he's in editing, he can cut out the BS  :bigsmile:
/ Ken
topic=108917.new#new

Offline Fred

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2015 - 12:34:10 PM »
I just finished watching the second new episode of Graveyard Carz. I have to say they finally got the show to where it's a pleasure to watch. I can't wait until next week. Good job Mark!

I agree.  It was uncomfortable only a few times.  This was much better.   :clapping:

Offline YellowThumper

• I left the snow for this?
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2015 - 01:01:25 PM »
Agreed the toned down version is much better. Will probably watch it more regularly now. Before it was an I will watch if something caught my attention show.

As for the remaining bs, Marks drive and personality is still there. You cannot change him. You can only contain some of it.
To use a comparison. Our elected officials don't become a$$es because they are elected. They are already that way to become elected.

Mike
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015 - 01:03:08 PM by YellowThumper »
Removing the warning labels one at a time.
Nature will take care of the rest.

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2015 - 02:59:08 PM »
I just watched episode 2... Graveyard carz is getting better and better  :thumbsup:

Offline Cudaragtop

• Woulda Shoulda Cuda! Randy
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2015 - 01:50:24 AM »
Just watched season 5 episode 2. Definitely better than the previous seasons.
The TorRed 70 340 Cuda belongs to my wife's cousin Bob. I supplied the 70 340 block and the heads for his car since it did not come with an engine.
Bob is very happy with the car. I haven't been down to visit since it was finished but hope to get our cars together next summer.
We are about 300 miles apart so maybe we'll meet somewhere in the middle like Portland OR. for a car show...
Did meet Mark and Royal back in 2012 when they started Bob's Cuda. They seemed very down to earth in person.
I sent Bob links to C-C.com and encouraged him to join... I know he has full photo documentation of the restoration start to finish.
- Randy D.
1 of 88 1970 340 4-Speed 'Cuda Convertibles
69 Barracuda Fastback Project Album https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8
----o00o--'(_)'--o00o----