Author Topic: Graveyard Carz - New Season, here's the new trailer  (Read 20630 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: Graveyard Carz - New Season, here's the new trailer
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015 - 06:56:57 PM »
  It seems a true professional Mopar only shop would have caught that, but we all make mistakes and forget things.

They would have :-X
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline JoeGrapes

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015 - 07:34:48 PM »
Being an OEM guy Mark doesn't like to modify the cars. He knows every time you change something it usually causes something else needing to be altered. With OEM the factory did all work on how things fit together. You see how pissed he was when the motor mounts didn't line up. I realize now it was Mark that pretty much caused all BS that went on in the shop with his constant stupid remarks. I liked the old crew, I just wish Mark would have toned it down a lot. His daughter seems nice enough but has a lot to learn. Mark is starting right off with the remarks against the new painter and will probably be the same with the rest of the new crew. If he keeps it up the show will be just like the last couple years only with different people. I'll keep trying to watch until that happens. 

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015 - 09:18:43 PM »
Being an OEM guy Mark doesn't like to modify the cars. He knows every time you change something it usually causes something else needing to be altered. With OEM the factory did all work on how things fit together. You see how pissed he was when the motor mounts didn't line up. I realize now it was Mark that pretty much caused all BS that went on in the shop with his constant stupid remarks. I liked the old crew, I just wish Mark would have toned it down a lot. His daughter seems nice enough but has a lot to learn. Mark is starting right off with the remarks against the new painter and will probably be the same with the rest of the new crew. If he keeps it up the show will be just like the last couple years only with different people. I'll keep trying to watch until that happens.

:iagree:  Really wish he would tone it down.

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015 - 04:14:37 AM »
:iagree:  Really wish he would tone it down.
How can a man not have some subtlety, especially if this causes problems with the rest around him?  :dunno:

Offline 4268Hemi

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015 - 02:15:28 PM »
Mark makes mistakes like any other human being, especially when it comes to after-market addons at the customers request. The oil-pan was also not OE for that engine which is why he didn't suspect there would be an issue when dropping the engine onto an after-market k-member. As you seen in the episode, it was a relatively easy fix.

As far as Mark giving his team a hard-time - it's shop talk and it's not "made" up or anything. The difference between the old team and the new team is the old team (Daren, Josh, and Holly) didn't actually work at the shop unless we were filming. This new team works whether we are filming or not. As a business, this is much better.

As someone "who is very close to this show", there is still natural and funny banter, but it's more light-hearted, less hateful, no screaming matches, etc. The next episode airing this Wednesday shows Mark painting the 70 Hemi Charger RT, they finish and deliver the 383 Cuda, the Phantom Cuda is returned from AMD, Mark and his engine builder Mike build out the 440 Six Pack for the Plum Crazy Challenger, they try and get a 340 Cuda started (where in a later episode we discover that a past employee may have sabotaged the engine), and finally they cut and buff the 70 Hemi Charger and show an awesome preview of what one can expect for the season.

If you can't bear seeing Mark give his team a hard time and see that team dish it right back, then you'll be missing out on one of the best seasons of Graveyard Carz.

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015 - 03:11:38 PM »
4268Hemi

Personally,  I really want this show to be a big hit. As a serious Mopar addict itis exactly what I want. I think thats why we complain about the show sometimes. We take these cars so seriously that we are a tough audience to please.  But, if the new season wins us over, I think that would be good for the show.  I think it would mean that they found the right balance between entertainment and education. I will be watching.  :bigsmile:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015 - 03:24:57 PM »
I've never seen a complete episode of the show, I don't get the channel I guess.....

I can only imagine the antics that have gone on with past employees, as I didn't witness any of it...

I have seen a couple of minutes of one show where Mark was being a complete ass to one of his employees and that was enough for me to form an opinion of the guy, if not an opinion of the show.

On the internet, in various forums I've seen the blunders and ridiculous mistakes that they've made in their restorations as well....yes they're only human, but some mistakes were so bad that I think if I wanted a "correct Mopar restoration" these guys would not make my top five list of candidates.

I think one thing that we need to understand is that the producers are the ones responsible for what the viewers see. It's the producers that choose to show the antics, the rude behaviour of Mark, the blatant mistakes....They feel this stuff  is entertainment .....
Personally I hope they listen to all the feedback, it sounds like this season is taking a turn in the right direction...I will try to find it on the internet somewhere and tune in for an episode or two, only for the love of Mopars  :2thumbs:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015 - 05:29:34 PM »
Quote from: 4268Hemi link=topic=108588.msg1070615#msg1070615 date=144458732
(where in a later episode we discover that a past employee may have sabotaged the engine)
[/quote
Yeah, I don't know how watching that, is good for us who want to watch Mopar restorations. Seems drama to me and a lot of it... You do unsterstand that only Mopar fans watch the show right? We love watching the cars, you should give us that... :thumbsup:

Offline 4268Hemi

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2015 - 06:25:11 PM »
[quote author=4268Hemi link=topic=108588.msg1070615#msg1070615 date=144458732
(where in a later episode we discover that a past employee may have sabotaged the engine)

Yeah, I don't know how watching that, is good for us who want to watch Mopar restorations. Seems drama to me and a lot of it... You do unsterstand that only Mopar fans watch the show right? We love watching the cars, you should give us that... :thumbsup:

When you go to watch Star Wars, you also get character development, story, sub-plots, love-stories, plot-twists, and additionally: battles in space. It's easy for someone to say, "it's a Mopar restoration show, so just restore cars". Great, we do - but it can't be a dry here is step one, here is step two. This show isn't like Overhauling or *****in Rides. Nothing is rehearsed, scripted, or otherwise. It's a film crew who shows up at the beginning of the day, follows various crew members around, shows what they are working on, and that is edited on-location and turned into episodes.

That's why you don't see a car finished every episode. It's not because car aren't being restored, it's because it takes two years to restore a car. So, unless your live in a sterile existential limbo - drama does happen. People get on eachothers nerves, jokes are made, the guys nudge elbows. It's in the show because a. it's real and it's natural and b. it's funny. If can't stand it, then go find another Mopar restoration show. You won't because networks find it "too niche".

Personally, instead of being negative/dismissive, if I was as passionate about Mopar's as everyone here seems to be, I'd still support a show that has the balls to restore ONLY MOPAR in the SHOW and in REAL-LIFE. People love Zombies, many people complain about The Walking Dead, yet they still tune in every week. 

Anyways, since most of you seem to point out that you despise the show and haven't watched since our first season - then it's no surprise that you haven't seen the show evolve. Yes, it's still got Mark - but he's just trying to be his own David Brent/Michael Scott - once you accept that - you realize he's not being an asshole to be an asshole - he's being an asshole to try and be comedic and the joke is on you for taking it seriously.

Anyways, killer episode airs Wednesday 9|8c. Tune in or don't. It will be fun nonetheless.

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015 - 06:51:20 PM »
           Ya know, much of what 4268Hemi is saying is true. And by the way, welcome to the show here.  :wave:  Yep, sh!t happens in a shop, people get on other peoples nerves. I find it refreshing that they have the balls to show it like it is and concentrate on Mopar. Mr. Worman is a smart man , and knows the cars. I've learned alot and at times got tired of the fussing, but other times it was funny.  Kinda like real life. And they don't build a car in a week, or use Foose wheels.   :puke:  So keep it coming, I'm all in.    :rebel:

Offline soundcontrol

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015 - 07:17:29 PM »
I like most of Mark's humor, The Office comparison by 4268Hemi was pretty accurate. I wish you guys would show more detail in the restorations, like all car shows it all seem to happen by magic a lot. But I guess it gets boring for the non car nerds then... your'e way better than Overhauling  though. Still only on season 4 in Sweden.
/ Ken
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=102525.0
topic=108917.new#new

Offline JoeGrapes

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015 - 07:34:47 PM »
Don't get the wrong idea. I like joking around as much as the next guy and I understand the need to bring personality into the show. Without the colorful personalities the show would get pretty boring. I worked on a factory floor for 40 years and nobody knows more about joking around than me. I've done it all and have had it all done to me! It's not the joking around I have a problem with, it's the constant condescending, know it all and insulting remarks that Mark makes to everyone. That type of joking around just gets old fast. I love the cars and they do great work and Marks certainly seems to know his s**t. The show is improving and I'll keep watching. But Mark, try to go a little more in a different direction with the humor. 

Offline BFM_Cuda

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015 - 07:52:53 PM »
I like the show and new format, and I hope it continues to air for a while. It's nice to watch a show that focuses on the cars I am interested in.

We all need to remember that they are trying to be appealing to a larger audience than just mopar gearheads (like the people on this forum). Hopefully they can attract new and younger folks to the mopar world. If they focused on the details too much (like date codes, part numbers, etc.), the average joe would loose interest and move on to something else. Yes, they do things that make me roll my eyes once or twice per episode, but its a small price to pay to watch someone assemble a Cuda or a Challenger.     :2cents:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015 - 08:29:33 PM »
I like mopars. I'll watch.  :bigsmile:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015 - 08:33:34 PM »
I saw this thread, and thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

We did a 4200 mile road trip 12 states,in 10 days one of our routes took us fight by Graveyard carz, we got a little lost, but found the place, unfortunately we missed closing time at 3 pm ,by half an hour.

we went there any way, and luckily for us we saw a gentle man ,he opened the door , he asked whats up,

and I said I was from Colorado, and my buddie from the U.K., had wow long f#@$%^n way, he called Mark Worman, told him he told us to sit tight, we did and sure enough Mark pulls up in a drop dead killer plum crazy Challenger,just ready to go to the owner and will be part of this seasons cars.

Then they asked if we wanted to see the place, sure enough we spent 2/12 hours there, amazing place and they were all very nice we met Royal, very nice guy, he has other jobs he does and this show is a side thing for him.

My buddie asked Mark if he could ask questions about the car, like the vynal top seams, they are different, and Mack said that is the way they  come now.

He asked why the pinch weld below the rockers was not black, Mart said they forgot ,with a shrug, he seems like a pretty cool dude to me, nice enough to let us in after hours.

They make more money selling the show than they do on the cars,and it seems to me they are very cool dudes, with a great idea,and more power to them.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015 - 08:36:07 PM by drewcrane »