Author Topic: Graveyard Carz - New Season, here's the new trailer  (Read 20632 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: Graveyard Carz - New Season, here's the new trailer
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015 - 10:03:49 PM »
This is the part I don't understand "We all need to remember that they are trying to be appealing to a larger audience than just mopar gearheads".....Who the heck else in the world would they expect this to appeal to ?

If you're not a "car guy" I doubt very much you watch any of the shows, and if you're car guy into "tuners" or "sports" cars...I doubt you care very much about a muscle car restoration based  show...

Do they expect the "characters" of the show to draw people in ?
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 4268Hemi

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015 - 11:28:26 PM »
Do they expect the "characters" of the show to draw people in ?

The ultimate goal is to see a team build some awesome cars AND enjoy watching the team ENJOY building the awesome cars. I just don't understand the logic, if you see someone crack a joke on TV - that turns you off from EVER wanting to see the show? Do you want to watch robotS build cars? There are shows like that - or you can watch training videos for free on youtube. Personally, I'd rather see people have fun and build cars.

Don't get me wrong, screaming and yelling, hateful spit fights etc isn't fun to watch. But all that is gone on the new GYC. What more do you want? lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015 - 11:39:01 PM by 4268Hemi »

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015 - 02:52:28 AM »

What I find interesting is that the "Worm" didn't say why he kicked Josh (son-in-law or now ex) and Darren to the curb.

Same crap different characters but at least his painter doesn't take his cr*p.

:bricks1:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015 - 07:08:01 AM »

Don't get me wrong, screaming and yelling, hateful spit fights etc isn't fun to watch. But all that is gone on the new GYC. What more do you want? lol

This, in my opinion was exactly why the demise of the OCC (their TV show) with Paul Sr. & Jr. always fighting....I didn't tune in to watch it, I tuned out because of it...

I don't mind the joking around....but what I saw of Mark and how he was dealing with his employees was not entertainment in my opinion.... :2cents:

If that's truly gone, then I think as others have said, you have a great show on your hands ! :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015 - 10:45:52 AM »
We await for the next episode. I will surely watch it but less drama would be the best...

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015 - 10:54:52 AM »
I'm another one that did not watch the show due to the personalities.  I would never take a car to a shop where the owner and the employees behaved like they have on the shows.  Hopefully, there will be less Mark and less drama and more about the cars this season.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015 - 11:29:54 AM »
I would never take a car to a shop where the owner and the employees behaved like they have on the shows. 

That's another point....Up here in Ontario there is a very reputable shop call ''The Guild" They've always been known for high end restos of classic and antique cars. Recently in the last couple of years they had their own show called "Restoration Garage".....I'm not the only one who's opinion has change 180* degrees....
On TV they look like a bunch of mis-managed bafoons who I would never consider having restore my car or I would now never recommend them either.... :screwy: They're always fighting or screwing up customer's cars, under estimating jobs and then charging twice as much etc...all shown on TV for the world to see :misbehaving:

Offline 4268Hemi

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015 - 11:44:42 AM »
That's another point....Up here in Ontario there is a very reputable shop call ''The Guild" They've always been known for high end restos of classic and antique cars. Recently in the last couple of years they had their own show called "Restoration Garage".....I'm not the only one who's opinion has change 180* degrees....
On TV they look like a bunch of mis-managed bafoons who I would never consider having restore my car or I would now never recommend them either.... :screwy: They're always fighting or screwing up customer's cars, under estimating jobs and then charging twice as much etc...all shown on TV for the world to see :misbehaving:

I think people forget that behind ever beautiful car restored, there is still people who are restoring it. And people get frustrated, make mistakes, have a difference of opinion etc. The same concept applied to anything made by hand - if I were to show you a television show about the filmmakers who make Graveyard Carz - you'd see there is arguing, drama, etc that happens there too. (In fact, you can watch a sizzle of just that here: https://vimeo.com/51953959)

It doesn't mean the end product is crap. As a business owner, think about the pressure of restoring someones car on camera, documenting every step. That's pretty scary. For GYC, everyone one of our customers has been satisfied - well with the exception of one who didn't know the difference of a restoration and collision repair.

Offline EbodyMod

• Will it ever be finished????
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015 - 01:49:15 PM »
 :wavingflag:n I just wish they focused on the cars a little bit more. I don't want to see the fat guys happy dance. I did however like seeing the new spotwelders they are using. wish I had one of those in the garage!!
:wavingflag:  Quit being offended by everything, I am sure you are doing something that upsets me, but I am not complaining about you!!! It is a free county get over yourself!

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015 - 01:55:59 PM »

Is the irony that 4268 just joined and commented on this topic lost on anyone?

4 posts and a pure Sycophant for GYC. 
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline soundcontrol

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2015 - 02:03:19 PM »
Is the irony that 4268 just joined and commented on this topic lost on anyone?

4 posts and a pure Sycophant for GYC.

I understand it that he works on the show and jumps in to discuss it, no problem with that.
/ Ken
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=102525.0
topic=108917.new#new

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015 - 02:44:12 PM »
No problem at all.  Maybe it will help improve the quality of the show.  In general, the comments posted here reflect the comments posted across the net.  I often wonder how much of the drama reflects the personality of the owner and how much reflects the producers' need for drama and entertainment.

Any real shop is going to have its share of conflict but few put that conflict on show for potential customers and fans.  It's usually handled away from the public.  Reality tv is usually not very real when we get down to it.  It's supposed to entertain the audience, I get that....but, in this case, it's turning a lot of us off.

Let's hope for more emphasis on cars and learning and less of the b.s.

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2015 - 02:53:20 PM »

I understand it that he works on the show and jumps in to discuss it, no problem with that.
Surely, no problem with that, but he could tell us in the beginning who he is, so we could have a nice discussion. I'm not bashing the show. I love that there is a Mopar only restoration show. They just have to tone down the drama and let us enjoy the restorations along with the cars. As everyone is thinking, we, Mopar aficionados only watch the show, so IMHO it would be prudent to protect this audience instead of trying to appeal to audiences (Ford or Chevy people) that wouldn't watch this show just for Mopars.

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2015 - 03:13:24 PM »
   Hey 4268Hemi, maybe you could get Mr. Worman to metntion this forum on the show. You know something like he just finishes a task, looks at the camera and says " And that was for all you guys on Cuda-Challenger.com " And then a thumbs up.   :thumbsup:   Whatcha think.     :dunno:     

:rebel:

Offline js29no

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2015 - 04:04:04 PM »
 :popcorn: :thumbsup: :roflsmiley: