Author Topic: Challengers with Options UPDATE  (Read 8008 times)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: Challengers with Options UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015 - 09:13:53 AM »
That's sweet!

Do your blasters put the car on a rotisserie? Or do they just blast it on the cart?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015 - 09:41:27 AM »
That's sweet!

Do your blasters put the car on a rotisserie? Or do they just blast it on the cart?

They are able to lift the car onto a higher stand and then blast the underside. No rotisserie used here :bricks1:

I actually brought the car to a new blasting place yesterday for a quote and they said they had no problem with the way it's set up... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 74 challenge

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015 - 02:42:25 PM »
the car looks pretty rock solid to begin with!

I Have a question regarding the back to back vin numbers and actually rolling down the line together. Could cars not have been shuffled around and even though they have numbers that are back to back is this the definitive proof that they were truly back to back and no other car was in between them?
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015 - 03:45:32 PM »
the car looks pretty rock solid to begin with!

I Have a question regarding the back to back vin numbers and actually rolling down the line together. Could cars not have been shuffled around and even though they have numbers that are back to back is this the definitive proof that they were truly back to back and no other car was in between them?

You're 100% correct...there's no definitive proof whatsoever...even the scheduled production date on the tag is different by one day, so who really knows. What we do know is they also share sequential Vehicle Order Numbers, so the same person ordered both cars from the same order book, one right after the other....

I guess it's just kinda nice to believe they actually followed one another down the line...how cool would that be ? :cooldancing:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015 - 02:35:59 PM »
The same person ordered both cars? Is it possible that two buddies went into the dealership and ordered cars at the same time. Same dealership, same order book, one after the other but different owners.  :dunno:
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015 - 03:44:24 PM »
The same person ordered both cars? Is it possible that two buddies went into the dealership and ordered cars at the same time. Same dealership, same order book, one after the other but different owners.  :dunno:

Oddly enough...One is a Y23 Public Relations car, and the other a Y14 Sold Car....so who really knows the story behind the orders....

But you're on to something....Years ago when I was restoring "The World Famous Barrelcuda" I spoke to the original owner on the phone several time Ed Cater was his name...Seemed back in 1970-71 he played in a rock band and made pretty good money....One day him and a band mate walked into their local NFLD dealer sat down and ordered two 1971 V code Cudas, both FJ6, both Shaker cars, one auto, black interior and no vinyl top and mine, 4spd, black vinyl, and white interior.....When they showed up on the rock....they had sequential VINS as well....For years people have been looking for the other car, it was totalled in 1974 and rumoured to be buried somewhere on the island....true story !

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015 - 11:19:06 AM »
Very cool story! If somehow they found the buried cuda... or what left of it...

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015 - 05:36:36 PM »
Just heard the owner of these two sunroof Challenger just bought a third...A triple green U code 440 4spd 4:10 dana car..... :2thumbs:

Offline dfrazz

• 1970 Cuda - 1968 Charger
  • Resident
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015 - 06:11:28 PM »
Just heard the owner of these two sunroof Challenger just bought a third...A triple green U code 440 4spd 4:10 dana car..... :2thumbs:

Damn!   :money: :money: :money:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015 - 08:54:04 PM »
Apparently he has at least two sunroof 71 Chargers as well :dunno: ....must be nice...