Author Topic: My Mechanic Really Messed Up.  (Read 2326 times)

Offline TeeWJay426

Re: My Mechanic Really Messed Up.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005 - 01:07:38 PM »
This all makes a good case for using DOT-5 silicone brake fluid as well- no paint issues!
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES

Offline Wrencher

• 73 Plain Jane 318 Auto Project
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005 - 02:05:24 PM »
Think I'd go look at it myself instead of relying on third-hand info.  Get pics if necessary and post.  Personally, I don't think I would drive the car without the brakes working properly. 

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005 - 07:52:06 PM »
that is exacly why i fix all my cars myself!! i know you cant inspect em yourself but i took my dart to get it inspected and the guy rang off 3 lugs and when i say rang i mean BROKE!! he broke the first 2 and i was like what the hell are you doing he said they want come off!! then he rang off the third one i watched him and i was like HEY STOP DUMB A$$ YOUR TURNING THEM THE WRONG WAY!!! he broke 3 wheel studs by turning them the wrong wayy i was pissed as hell then to bet it all he gave me a regection sticker for missing wheel studs  :banghead: i couldnt drive it home on two studs so i had no choice but to let him fix it he charges me 225 dollars to replace 3 studs im like why all you got to do is pull of the rotor knock the old ones out and replace em!! he said oh we charge 175 for greasing the bearings!! iwas  :madvibe:  :pissed: needles to say thats the last time anyone but me has touched any of my vehicals!! i fix everything my self  :beer:
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline pain995

• My Red Hot 69.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005 - 08:52:11 PM »
Yeah I hear you.  I'll definately be doing a lot more on my own from here on.  I'm just so greatful theres a place like this to come for info, advice and just to vent at times.  As far as my car it's not as bad as they made it out to sound.  It seems as though when they disconnected the line from the master cylinder they may have just kinked it at the bottom connection it's just leaking from there.  Anyway it was just seeping out a little.  So I wrapped it and got it out of there and back in my garage.  Well at least the paint turned out decent and no money shelled out on my end.
Proud Owner of a 69 Barracuda

Yellow_Fish

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005 - 11:18:55 PM »
For future reference, I bet you disk brake front end is off a ~76 or so Aspen or Volare (F-body). I did this swap on my 71 Demon and it worked well. A clue would be if you have a large bolt pattern in the front and small in the back or large bolt pattern all around.

Offline Wrencher

• 73 Plain Jane 318 Auto Project
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005 - 06:06:05 AM »
Glad to know it wasn't as bad as they made it sound.  I deal with shops everyday all over the country and I'm very aware of how inept most are. 

Always pays to do it yourself if you can.   :thumbs: