Author Topic: Rock Hall update ( Clev Oh )  (Read 1005 times)

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
Rock Hall update ( Clev Oh )
« on: May 31, 2005 - 06:15:24 AM »
Went to the rock hall on Sunday and here was my take on it -
( sorry to bore anyone, but this is in response to an earlier thread )
Right away, THERE IS NO PICTURES. The line is that there is a number of donated goods that belong to people who own the rights to the images.
We spent about 3 hours there, and my wife and I had a good time. In that 3 hours there was still a lot of items that we missed. There is nothing that is going to "entertain" you there, and what I mean by this is if you go in waiting for the place to come alive and wow you it's not going to happen but if you like to wander around and see all of the displays and read the stories behind not only artifacts but the atrist as well you will have a pretty good time.
I was most impressed with the displays for Jimmy Hendrix, which not only included things like clothes and guitars and MANY hand drawings as a child, but they also had a surround sound theater set up playing some live concert footage of him.
If they were to "spot light" and artist or band that I like very much I would go down again. The spot light when we went was The Who's Tommy, and had the last 2 floors deticated to that.
I believe regular admision is $17 ( we got our tickets for free ) and considering I've paid more than that to go see a terrible movie with popcorn and something to drink.

OH - you want to get someone in BIG trouble, just keep telling your wife out loud "stop touching the artifacts" near a security guard. they love that.
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Rock Hall update ( Clev Oh )
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005 - 09:36:40 PM »
Thanks for the update BB73. I guess it's not what it seems. But still pretty cool I imagine.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005 - 09:40:24 PM »
Sounds like a good time too me!!  I may get there one of these days!!   :grinyes:  :grinno:  ;D  :grinno:  :grinyes:

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005 - 10:36:09 PM »
I was most impressed with the displays for Jimmy Hendrix, which not only included things like clothes and guitars and MANY hand drawings as a child, but they also had a surround sound theater set up playing some live concert footage of him.

I saw that short film the last time I went, it was pretty good. They do have a LOT of drawing there, some good and worth looking at, but some are really bad. Did you go through the backlit autograph wall???? The most interesting autographs are the Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder autographs, there surprisingly neat......
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005 - 07:30:35 AM »
I must have missed the autograph wall, down in the basement ther just seemed to be so much to see there and the way it just turns and twists around it's kind of easy to miss things.
They had a nice room dedicated to Ray Charles while we were there, but I didn't see any of his hand writing  :laughing:
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline rnsykes

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005 - 07:55:35 AM »
 :banghead: :banghead:Good lord.  I got John Lennon, and You got The Who's Tommy!!!!!  I'm jeluous. :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005 - 01:06:21 PM »
I must have missed the autograph wall, down in the basement ther just seemed to be so much to see there and the way it just turns and twists around it's kind of easy to miss things.
They had a nice room dedicated to Ray Charles while we were there, but I didn't see any of his hand writing :laughing:

didn't just dot?
Mike, Fremont, CA.