Might be going over to the dark side.....

Author Topic: Might be going over to the dark side.....  (Read 2506 times)

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
Might be going over to the dark side.....
« on: June 05, 2005 - 08:31:56 AM »
Well......i got a job working at a junkyard...been fun so far..but anyways the boss (which i've known since little) is a chevy fan....and he has a vette and a firebird and i got to thinking.......whats dodge have thats closer to my price range (like the bird) and theres not much if anything that i can think of...ford has the mustang but i've never been impressed with the newer stangs....and the newest one looks the best but out of my league $$ wise....can anyone think of a fast dodge besides the viper thats closer to the 20,000 range...so by the time i get enough money it will be in the 8,000 range and then when its recked be in the 4,000 range??lol....
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
Re: Might be going over to the dark side.....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005 - 09:49:12 AM »
hey Freak i got one for ya, the new charger!!!! itll be in the 4k range before its even wrecked since nobody is gonna buy the stupid lookin things. lol   
but seriously, maybe a crossfire in a few years?
you are talking about newer cars, correct?
70 Barracuda

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005 - 09:55:45 AM »
I think you should make an appointment with your doctor and he can probably prescribe something to help you get through this!! 

Or maybe you should just call 911 now??     

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005 - 10:10:56 AM »
there are lots of good mopars out there resonable.  if you have a truck and trailor. or 1000.00 for shipping.  rustfree cars dont cost much more than rust buckets. some people pay way to much back east for rusty cars. everyone is just comfy finding cars 200 miles or less away.   road trip. 

BUY and SRT4 or a Hemi Ram or when the chargers fly off the shelf find on with a salvage title in the year and another with the oposite damage.
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005 - 11:52:04 AM »
I always thought that WE were the dark side... :dontknow:

Offline Randy Mosier

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005 - 06:16:17 PM »
Well......i got a job working at a junkyard...been fun so far..but anyways the boss (which i've known since little) is a chevy fan....and he has a vette and a firebird and i got to thinking.......whats dodge have thats closer to my price range (like the bird) and theres not much if anything that i can think of...ford has the mustang but i've never been impressed with the newer stangs....and the newest one looks the best but out of my league $$ wise....can anyone think of a fast dodge besides the viper thats closer to the 20,000 range...so by the time i get enough money it will be in the 8,000 range and then when its recked be in the 4,000 range??lol....

A truck with a HEMI? They'll be showing up in the yard soon enough.

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005 - 08:09:18 PM »
I think you should make an appointment with your doctor and he can probably prescribe something to help you get through this!! 

Or maybe you should just call 911 now??     

are you tellin him to get a porche  :eekbig:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline 4drbrnko

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005 - 09:24:08 PM »

"Luke?"
<-------<<<  Clickylinks..... My vehicles

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005 - 10:15:17 PM »

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005 - 10:16:44 PM »
If you are talking old cars, Darts and Dusters are still cheap. And dont look bad

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005 - 12:02:52 AM »
 :iagree: I agree with chunks, those Dusters preform hard on the tracks. Must be the extra weight at the back.  ;) :thumbs:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005 - 07:24:04 AM »
If you are talking about a new vehicle, then you are correct in that Daimler ( I won't say Mopar) doesn't offer much for what gearheads or enthusiasts are looking for. In that light the new Mustang will see large sales as other marque purchasers will go to the Blue Oval side to get their yuks filled with a new car.
But if an older ride is your pleasure then as stated above a cheap A body stuffed with a leaned on RB is a hard ticket to beat...except in the twisties.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005 - 08:23:42 PM »
i only have one thing to sya and that is mopars are far and few between you dont see that many!! Chevys you see a ton of them every day!! espectaly vettes what would you rather drive a car that nobody has or a car that everyone in the brother has three of?? I HATE VETTES!! can stand em id rather piss razer blades than look at one! but there are some cool shevys out there 69 slowmaro novas stuff like that but there everywhere there nothing special!! you can cruze down the road in a nova and everyones gonna be like "there s one of them novas you never see  :laughing:" or you can cruize down the road in a dart or duster or cuda or chally and everyones gonna be like " dang thats a cool car havent see one of those in years" what side you you want to be on??   :dontknow: chose but chose wisly becouse the real holy grail gives you like while the fake grail takes it away!! lol i love indy!!  :beer:
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005 - 11:59:54 AM »
I'm talking newer stuff...i've got 2 Abodies Duster and Demon....i'm talking like 90-01..Cars i don't really want a truck....and i want a V8 and the chargers are to ugly for me...Chrysler just hasn't thrown out any cars that appeal to me for speed.....cross fire would be the closest but it looks to foreign.
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005 - 04:26:36 PM »
how about a dodge advenger?? they look good run good they can be motified!! even though they are front wheel drive!?  :beer:
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!