Author Topic: Car Show  (Read 662 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Car Show
« on: June 06, 2005 - 09:52:12 AM »
 :coffee: Well between the nice weather and being caught up on a few things we were able to go to only our second show this year. And I fully understand :worthless:, but that is the way it is going to have to be............we walked out of the house and left the camera sitting on the counter, :dontknow:, just chalk it up to excitement and old age,lol.

But I still fell compelled to tell you about it. A real nice gathering of Mopars there and they were very very nice, no doggies among them ! There were 40 awards given and Mopars took 10 of them and it was a judged show, not participant voting, over 150 cars registered. The top Mopar was a 71 Cuda convertible, with a  ?  under the shaker hood,...............sorry, no, it had a 440 6pk. There was a 70 Cuda with bilboards and sporting a 440 6pk too, a 69 bee, a 69 runner, a couple more Cudas and Challys, some 40's model cars and trucks, an old military Power Wagon, and some others.

Anyway, the first trophy went to the 71 Cuda, our 70 Charger took the second one (we left the Challenger home - ?) , and the next 3 awards were also Mopars, then there was a Chevy, and a couple more Mopars, and the croud was getting in the booing mood,lol. First time at a mixed show that I have seen Mopars do this, we usually get thrown a bone or two, but today in proportion to the usual flood of chevy's and ford's we did good, real good.

But still, the best of show trophy went to a chrome ridden 55 Chevy, pretty but just another bling-bling to me. I told my wife that was about the only way the chevy's and ford's could make their car stand out from all their "cousins",lol. Every Mopar there was just basically stock (aside from the Mopar performace trim), no razzle bling-bling for Mopars !

Again, I'm very sorry about no pics, and I scolded my wife very sternly about forgetting it too...........J/K, it was my fault !  :wave:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger