Author Topic: Not a Mopar  (Read 1976 times)

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
Re: Not a Mopar
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005 - 08:05:02 PM »
Excellent score. She looks great. And while its nice to have feverish brand loyality - to deny anything outside the Mopar realm doesn't exist is just plain dumb and dangerous. There were/are many many other marques rides that will show Mopars what their taillights look like. All the camps were pretty at the same level for what they were allowed to sell the general public and only Don Yenko was thrreatened with product liability over the L72 Novas. The factorys stayed just south of that line. So production tolenances and assembly practices were more of a difference than engine/chassis design. The 427 SOHC Ford was but a bean counter's nay away from production. Way more competition than the later Boss 429 was to the Hemi.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005 - 09:34:47 PM »
WoW, I would have bought that too!! Then flipped it of course. I guess the deals are still out there.

I have noticed a 69 Mustang notchback down the street from me with the engine out and for sale signs posted, if it was a fastback I'd be asking how much.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005 - 09:59:16 PM »
The 427 SOHC Ford was but a bean counter's nay away from production. Way more competition than the later Boss 429 was to the Hemi.
Very true. That sure would have been cool...I bet Mopar wouldn't have let Ford get away with the Cammer for too long. ;)

I actually got a chance to see & hear a Cammer run last year at a car show. A guy had made himself a 64 Galaxie lightweight with a SOHC engine...very impressive. I just about gave myself whiplash as I walked by & noticed an actual Cammer engine under the hood.  :eekbig: :drool:

'70 Charger 500