Kind of New to this site! My cars

Author Topic: Kind of New to this site! My cars  (Read 4138 times)

Offline mopar-or-no-car

Kind of New to this site! My cars
« on: June 09, 2005 - 03:30:11 PM »
Well I have been posting things here for a while so I figured it was probably time that I finally posted pictures of MY cars here!  The Blue one my 1971 has a 340 in it, had a 6 pak until I went on vacation and someone came into my backyard and help themselves to the air cleaner and carbs! but left the intake. nice of them!!!!  It'll take $1500.00 to get that beast running again! I think I am going to replace it with a 4 bbl I already have don't have to put out any $$$$- anyways.(not to sure if the cam will be ok though) It was originally a 383 plain jane car. my ex and I hit the junk yards and optioned it out!! so now it has an original tuff wheel, a six way adjustable seat,se chrome package(that was original), body moulding,trunk light,chrome around the pedals, a quick ratio steering box, light package, wide chrome around the front(that was stock and apparently a CA option!)ralley hood, r/t things on the quarters(I don't know what they are called)everything that could be is chrome! my ex was really into chrome the hood hinges, the fender bolts, the hood latch,the valve covers, the air cleaner was even chrome!He even got the fender tag chromed!!!!  I sure wish I could find the picture of the engine that I had! We even had steel braded sparkplug wires!( I can tell you that was NOT the best idea!! lol) He took out the air conditioner vents and replaced one with an equalizer, and one of the other ones with a custom switchplate for the power antena, the fog lights and one empty switch! I'll post a picture of this stuff when I get a chance to get one!
The black one my 1973 is pretty much stock except I kinda got the chrome bug too this picture is a little old, the ornaments that are on the front fenders are chrome and the hood scoops are chromed! I changed the interior when I had it reupholstered I had them put valoure in the insets, vinyl is a killer in shorts during the summer! the valoure is a lot more comfortable.
We also use to have a 1970 convertible six cylinder car sure was nice except he decided that life wasn't worth living anymore and decided to comit suicide in it! his father sold it out from under me. My ex and I had a goal to own 1 of each type of challenger ever produced!! we had a good start. we also owned a 1970 se with a 318 in it. We were well on our way but he had to go and muck it up!! well on a lighter note there you have it my two babies.  except they are no longer running (for now.....................)anybody live in the San Jose, Ca area that is willing to supervise me to reassemble my 73 that a different ex tore apart? I have never worked alone always had someone help me! I am kind of affraid to do it alone present boyfriend is a Chevy guy!(I know,I need a mopar guy but we are all allowed to make mistakes!!) :dontknow:

mopar_guy333

Re: Kind of New to this site! My cars
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005 - 03:47:05 PM »
well i'll start,welcome to the site,i love this place looks like you have already got a feel for it,so enjoy and have fun,awsome lookin cars by the way.lol and yes we all make mistakes!

Offline Wrencher

• 73 Plain Jane 318 Auto Project
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005 - 03:58:26 PM »
Welcome to the site!  Looks like you have some nice projects to work on.  Sorry I'm not in your area, but hopefully another member will be closer to you.

:wave:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005 - 04:33:53 PM »
Nice cars, lots of potential there. I love the 71 Challengers. Welcome to the board!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005 - 05:48:56 PM »
Hey girl,
  Just move to Maryland, I'll help you out.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike( yes, I'm wifeless... HUUUGE surprise).

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005 - 06:45:03 PM »
 :laughup:  Welcome. I also have 2   73's . There are plenty of people here to help ya out with questions.
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005 - 06:51:13 PM »
Hey girl,
  Just move to Maryland, I'll help you out.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike( yes, I'm wifeless... HUUUGE surprise).
Thanks but I am not too fond of that white stuff you guys have been griping about!! Plus I already own a house out here in CA! You could move here to CA!! :laughing: I could relocate Mr. Chevy!! :laughing:The weather is great! It was about 80 degrees today!!and it DOESN't snow in the winter!!!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005 - 09:42:03 PM »

Welcome to the board mate.  :thumbs: :D ;) :beer:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005 - 09:58:58 PM »
Welcome!!!  Those are nice cars.  It's a shame what happened to your sixpack setup though. :pissed:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 04lbram

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005 - 10:32:49 PM »
Welcome and nice cars.
71 Dodge Challenger R/T Clone; 383 Big Block with a few goodies and good ole 14" Slot Rims

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005 - 07:49:22 AM »
Welcome, you do find youself in a tough situation there, perhaps that ex sneaked into the yard, after all he knew what was under the hood, right? Hey, if the chebby guy is nice to you it can work out, April has one of those misinformed guys, he' been looking for a Mopar,lol.

:thumbs: Nice cars !
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Wrencher

• 73 Plain Jane 318 Auto Project
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005 - 07:54:56 AM »
WSM, I think her ex passed on before the theft occurred.  The word musta got out about the six-pak in the yard and someone lifted it.

:newsad:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005 - 07:59:48 AM by wrencher »

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005 - 08:09:12 AM »
 :sleep: Oh............goodnes sake, I'm sorry, misread the post evidently, the coffe has't kicked in yet. So sorry, I feel terrible about this, go ahead you can do it......... :spank:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

mopar_guy333

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005 - 12:51:08 PM »
:sleep: Oh............goodnes sake, I'm sorry, misread the post evidently, the coffe has't kicked in yet. So sorry, I feel terrible about this, go ahead you can do it......... :spank:
oops i mis read it too,im sorry about that.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005 - 01:05:55 PM »
Now that is quite a story!!  So how long have you had these cars?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!