Kind of New to this site! My cars

Author Topic: Kind of New to this site! My cars  (Read 4145 times)

Offline EVIL72

Re: Kind of New to this site! My cars
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005 - 01:34:23 PM »
 Hey mopar-or-no-car, it was good meeting you along with the rest of the guys at the Fremont show.
 Who needs help from a Chevy guy, they just get confused about the rocker shafts anyway, they probably think it's one of them duel overhead cam motors. :???: :laughing: 
 Just go get one of those big phone book sized service manuals for your car and learn to do it yourself. It's really just reading twice and doing once. There's no magic to it, we ALL start there. You can also post in here if you get stuck or need tips.

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005 - 06:15:35 PM »
Now that is quite a story!!  So how long have you had these cars?
seems like FOREVER!!!!!!!!but I love them both!! (more than the boyfriend lol !!!)My Father is a mechanic and I had the good fortune of buying the 73 from one of his customers in 1980!!  :thumbs:and I bought the 71 can't really remember back that far lol but actually I think it was in 1980 also!! actually that one was by accident from a friend!! but can't say for sure!!! :???: and I didn't post a picture of the 70 se but it was a real piece of junk and I have already sold it anyways buy I bought it from a guy I met at a show in about 1985!! :beer:

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005 - 06:31:22 PM »
Hey mopar-or-no-car, it was good meeting you along with the rest of the guys at the Fremont show.
 Who needs help from a Chevy guy, they just get confused about the rocker shafts anyway, they probably think it's one of them duel overhead cam motors. :???: :laughing: 
 Just go get one of those big phone book sized service manuals for your car and learn to do it yourself. It's really just reading twice and doing once. There's no magic to it, we ALL start there. You can also post in here if you get stuck or need tips.

I gotta go here can't resist what do you mean? and the REST of the GUYS!!!!!!! I am a gal!!!!!! and I not getting any help from that CHEVY guy!! lol why do you think I asked you guys!!! I have the service manual for my car. I am just afraid :dontknow: Of doing it all by myself I have never done that! EXCEPT I did run the fuel lines for the six pac on my own with NO help and surprised my then mopar boyfriend to heck!!!! lol In a totally different post I explained that a jerk of an ex tore my 73 apart so I need to reassemble it.  I can turn the screw driver!! I was just hoping that someone would be willing to watch!! I am not sure how everything goes back together!! he even took the drip rails off!! :fire: and the weatherstipping!! It is a bloody mess without the blood!! lol!! but it is not funny!! I cry when I look at it My poor baby!!! I had a totally awesome, totally together car when I met him and when he took off I had a pile of parts!! go figure!!! ( and no totally is not my favorite word!!) I guess he figured since he wasn't going to be able to drive it anymore he was going to sabotage it!! Hey maybe he's the one who stole the six pak!!! lol!!!
why not sabotage BOTH cars!!!!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005 - 07:25:35 PM »
mopar_or_no_car, you have a PM
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005 - 08:28:54 PM »
I just got to thinking about something! I figure I would go here before one of you figure it out and go here! lol yes my father IS a mechanic so WHY doesn't HE help me fix my cars? well he is one of those CHevy guys also!! omg I am surrounded!!! roflmao!! and he regrets! the day he let me buy that challenger!! I even offered to PAY him to get to the 71 running and still no go!  :stomp: I should have been a boy then he would have taught me!! But maybe if I had been a boy I would have been a chevy boy!!!! lol !!!! But because I was female NO WAY!!! :burn: Go figure You think he would have wanted to pass his knowledge onto his kids so what if I was a girl!!! lol

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005 - 11:56:51 PM »
mopar-or-no-car, I know your a girl  :laughing:. I guess I should have worded it better heh. I had back surgery on monday after the show, and I'm still on pain killers and....(I suddenly start staring at my hand and wiggling my fingers in a sort of 60's flashback sorta way)....ahh what was I saying :???:  :tongue:
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005 - 12:01:18 AM »
I suddenly start staring at my hand and wiggling my fingers in a sort of 60's flashback sorta way

dont we all?

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005 - 10:49:14 AM »
I hope your back is doing better evil 72 so you can reduce those pain killers! wouldn' want you to have to live in that "60's" fog too long :???: j/k
seriously I hope you are doing better  :thumbs:

Offline TeeWJay426

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005 - 11:02:11 AM »
Welcome, mopar-or-no-car from a newer newbie than you.... looks like you're off to a good start with your Challengers collection. Too bad about that six-pack setup! I'm way up in the northeast, so I wouldn't be any help in getting them running for you, though. And what was that remark about snow in MARYLAND??!! Come on, ya shoulda been in New England this past winter- then you'd KNOW what snow really was!
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2005 - 03:52:13 PM »
  Welcome mopar-or-no-car :wave: Pick any starting point on the 73 and ask away. We'll post pics and answers that will make things easier. If Dad does'nt work on Mopars but is a mechanic, then at least tools should'nt be a problem :thumbs: Don't be afraid - it's like encountering a word that you have no idea how to pronounce - just break it down into syllables.
   Let's get the 73 running first. Well maybe i'm getting ahead of myself...does it run? ::)
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:07:16 PM »
Yea it runs I got ahead of myself and had the tank boiled out and coated last year!! But now the fuelines from the tank to the motor are clogged any ideas on how to clean those out? We have been disconnecting the fuel line at the motor and putting a bottle of gas in the engine compatment to start it OMG what a beautiful sound!!!!!I know this is dangerous BUT this is the ONLY way it will start!!! :banghead:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:23:41 PM »
Hey,
  Year One and others sell those solid fuel lines. They aren't that expensive, but a pain in the a$$ to replace. Kind of tough with the bending and stuff. Move to Maryland, I've been down that road.  :laughup: :laughup: :laughup:  Am I tempting you yet???

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:31:34 PM »
  I had a similar situation with my 73. Instead of clogged fuel lines i had a hole that was patched (not very well) with JBWeld. Iassumed the worst and replaced the entire fuel delivery system from the tank forward. Then i bought a new carb just in case i was'nt experiencing enough overkill, lol.
  My suggestion (like MEK's) would be a new set of lines from someplace such as Inline Tube or Fine Lines. Until i replaced mine, i had done nothing more than a fuel pump - ever. Even if you remove them in an attempt to blow them out with compressed air, you still have them out so might as well do it right the first time and install fresh ones. I purchased fuel and vapor lines from Inline Tube last January for $160 (more overkill - you should only need the fuel lines so it should be less).
  Be in a well ventilated, well lit area when and if you are the one doing the work though :thumbs: Also MOPAR73340 gave me the best bit of advice when i did mine and that was to remove the passenger side rear wheel. Once you've been there it's obvious but if you have'nt... :banghead: :grinyes:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005 - 04:33:22 PM by twofornow »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:39:16 PM »
Also MOPAR73340 gave me the best bit of advice when i did mine and that was to remove the passenger side rear wheel. Once you've been there it's obvious but if you have'nt...

Amen twofornow... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:51:33 PM »
That JB weld stuff if crap I had a crack in my exhaust manifold put that stuff on it is suppose ot harden up. well it did. It hardened up and then...... promptly.... fell off!! :fire: a lot of good that crap did for my crack still had the crack and bye bye JB weld!!!