what ever happend to the 72 hemi cuda???

Author Topic: what ever happend to the 72 hemi cuda???  (Read 3789 times)

Offline toplescuda

what ever happend to the 72 hemi cuda???
« on: June 10, 2005 - 12:52:54 AM »
the 1 burpin was talking about   did he ever see the car??

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: what ever happend to the 72 hemi cuda???
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005 - 04:31:48 AM »
No, he never saw it. He never will either.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005 - 07:22:48 AM »
thats not nice     ;D
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005 - 07:32:34 AM »
I spoke with Burpin at length about this issue.  He said the guy always backs out of the viewing of the car.  He said that he is going to try again soon.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005 - 10:33:45 AM »
I'm not picking on Burpin, I just think he's dealing with a nutcase here.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005 - 12:06:39 PM »
The reason this subject peeked my interst is becasue of these messages:

If this is Ron Adairs car it has all the appearences of a 72 Hemi car. Tom Quadrini saw this car years and years ago and said the vin on the dash had an R code in it. It very possibly could have gotten out the door before they pulled the plug on the Hemi. The car was also a very very early car so this could very well be a real 72 Hemi car. Remember folks never say never with any of this stuff. Just bare this is mind... How many 71 Hemi Cuda convertibles did they say USE to exist compared to how many they know about now???

Transamcuda.com

Message 2:

Hello Cuda Challenger dot com   

Jeff from transamcuda dot com told me you guys were wondering about 72 hemi cudas.  Before I go and add to the mud I must state I am no newbie to mopar, born and raised on a mopar till this day and beyond.  For those of you wondering who I am see the story about the cover car April 2004 Mopar Collectors Guide. For your viewing pleasure I have attached a pic of my AAR at warp speed on Watkins Glenn International. 

I have no ulterior motives here, just an eye witness report.  I do not b/s about murky subjects such as this but I will tell what I have seen.

I will not come back to fight with you about this but flame on if you insisit . 

BTW Be happy Jeff dragged my name into this or you guys would just have to sit and wonder

In western michigan I saw BS23R2B10004X in the woods.  The car did not belong to Ron Adair but to a non mopar character that lived near Ron.  The car sold in the late 90's to a guy in Canada.  The rusty relic went for less than 50K.   No engine but the the car matched cowl/door/tag/fender tag. 

The real question is why was the car built and remember now.... almost every one of the special cars that were made and escaped the crusher ended up within 250 miles of Detroit.  Just ask Steve Juliano

Tom Quadrini

These messages make me wonder how lilkely it is.  I mean I wouldnt put my name out there like that if it werent true.  (I know not everyone thinks like I do) I just think there is a chance.

Cuda Guy

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005 - 02:35:41 PM »
I've posted on this before, and I'll say this again...with something like this, you have to come up with the goods and be able to prove it's a factory car. I am not ruling it out, and I've met Tom Q and he's an upstading guy. But until we see this 72 hemicuda with a fender tag, buildsheet, VIN plate,door vin decal, chain of ownership, etc....it falls into the catagory of the Yeti, Bigfoot,and the Loch Ness Monster.

We all know a handfull of 72 440-6 b bodies made it out the door, so it is possible.

People have made very nice copies of VIN plates, fender tags and even build sheets, so even then it might be hard to prove, but from where we are now, we are not even CLOSE to that. Again, I'm not saying its impossible, but the odds are very high against it from being real. If you had this car, why would you keep it squirreled away? I know there are some "Different" people out there, but with e-body values where they are today, if a real documented 72 hemi cuda exists, it may well be the most valueable Cuda in existance.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005 - 04:40:40 PM »
 :iagree:

All Im saying is dont rule it out. 

Cuda Guy

Offline Wanted:cuda

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005 - 05:01:09 PM »
send me $12 (cost for search) and ill get a vin search done, through all  of canada see where it is if its still here   :laughing:

Next week hopefully i can get down to getting my searches done heres the Vins i want to have searched:
Bs23J0b...
Js23J0b...
Bs23V1b..
Bs23R1b..

I want results to be printed as cars that have not been registered/lisenced in a minimun of ten years. As then there probably in a field or barn where i can get a good price and fix it up, its a long shot if ill find one of those but im determined.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005 - 09:11:17 PM »
The 72 Hemi Cuda reminds me of a fishing story. A few years ago, a guy claimed he caught a 22 lb plus largemouth Bass in CA. He claimed to let it go. That record has stood for over 50 years. Yet, every couple of years or so, somebody produces a story and even a pic of the  "Big" fish that is now the world record. Bear  in mind, that whoever catches the world record largemouth Bass can buy a real Hemi Cuda Vert plus some to boot.So, this is what I think...Yes there are big fish caught that never get reported. And yes, there are special cars out there that don't get reported. Yet, you must be the qualifier of who really did what and what they have got. The moral of the story is: "THERE ARE BIG FISH OUT THERE!!!
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline hammerfall

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005 - 03:32:19 PM »
i hate the 72 grill

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005 - 01:17:31 PM »
Whether it’s true/possible or not I sure love listening to these things. However I do believe anything is possible considering all the oddball stuff that exists today. But I sure wouldn’t buy a 72 Hemi Cuda over the phone.  :grinno:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005 - 03:23:48 PM »
Well, I'm not saying it isn't true, altough I'm BIG time skeptical. I just think the guy Burpin is dealing with is a wacko. Come on, if he had the goods, why take soooo freakin' long to show anybody??? No, I think this guy is just some prankster.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:43:34 PM »
I just think the guy Burpin is dealing with is a wacko. Come on, if he had the goods, why take soooo freakin' long to show anybody??? No, I think this guy is just some prankster.

Mike

I agree the guys is probly off in the head, but there are plenty of reasons that people dont let on to what they have. 

Take for instance:

The last 71 Cuda Convert discovered was I beleive some guy in NJ who has held on too it forever!  He knew what he had and kept it a secret and to sell when the market peeked.  Im not sure of the rest of the story because I beleive that it was found when I was in Iraq so Im not up to date on the car if anyone knows the story about it please tell me.

But like I was saying there are reasons out there to keep secrets and Im not saying this guy has this car, Im more inclined to beleive TQ's story about the car in MI. 

Cuda Guy

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005 - 04:56:03 PM »
OK,
  Do you think the guy that originally bought this car, knew what he had??? If so... I'm not sure he would even attempt to show someone where he had it. I'm just blowing steam again... :laughing:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD