POST YOUR WORK COMPLETED WEEK ENDING 6-12-05

Author Topic: POST YOUR WORK COMPLETED WEEK ENDING 6-12-05  (Read 2098 times)

RedLine

POST YOUR WORK COMPLETED WEEK ENDING 6-12-05
« on: June 12, 2005 - 10:05:43 PM »
FIRST OF ALL- Great pics everyone on the  l  o  n  g  "resto" thread!  to the new members, Its really great to see those new car pics on the board.  You have some great projects underway!  :thumbs:   We've been busy doing odds and ends while our Challenger is out getting its top and glass.  Rev has been buffing trim and then wrapping in that new thick GLAD wrap- (pic 1)  Im taking that bunch in the morning to the trim shop-  the front trim and SE insert trim...   Finished sanding, polishing and painting the MP lid (pic 2) That was a pain to finish, the MP aluminum material is really hard to get to work right.  :-\  Last pic is looking into our back shop-- kindof a where's waldo thing going on.  If you are a fan of CSI, you will be able to deduce what we've been doing, and what are upcoming steps are.   :cool:  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE !! 3 WEEKS TO GO!  Keep on trucking! :stomp:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: POST YOUR WORK COMPLETED WEEK ENDING 6-12-05
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005 - 10:11:17 PM »
Well with Carlisle coming really fast, I have much to do!!  Here are some of the things I accomplished over the weekend. 

Installed side mirror
Started installing sterio
Installed new power top pump
Started installing some of the side marker lights
Installed license plate light
Polished all the front window chrome
Installed all the new clips for the windshield chrome
Installed rear view mirror
Started putting the shaker together

Completely cleaned and restored the console that I found out in the barn that I didn't know we had??  lol Its a pretty nice one too even though its not the right year for my car.  Try to install it this week.  Well that about all I got done today . . . tomorrow is another day!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005 - 10:13:08 PM »
 ;D

Btch n Blue

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005 - 10:13:56 PM »
Awesome work guys!! I'm really liking that air cleaner top!! :thumbs: My white board isn't as full as yours, but I've still got some major things to get done... :laughing: :laughing:

On Saturday I tore the car apart to fix my brake issue (the one that almost didn't let me get home from the body shop)... here's a couple pics of what I did and the damage as well.... :banghead: :eeksmall: In the first pic, you can see the bolt head that I ended up grinding on (almost the 12 o'clock position on the inside)... then the 2nd pic shows the damage it did.... :madvibe: :gripe:

And I'm still trying to trace down and fix this son of a b!tch oil leak that is spraying oil on the passenger underside... including the inside of the brake rotor... bleh, brake pull!! It's also making a huge mess!! :gripe: :gripe:

Might help if I attached the pics!! :laughing:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005 - 10:18:49 PM by B*tch 'n Blue »

Offline Robb

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005 - 02:27:20 AM »
Keisler 5speed kit showed up Friday...... 

most of it anyway.   They forgot to pack the flywheel which tends to impede the installation process.  haha.

Got the Manual Pedals and the Hydraulic Clutch gear installed, though I need to do some tweaking before its finallized. 

Cut up a perfectly good floor making sure that I carefully detached all the autotranny brackets grinding at the welds, first.  Heres the pics so far.
the 19$ Sawzall at Harbor Freight barely survived. 

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005 - 02:29:36 AM by Robb »

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005 - 03:17:39 AM »

Great work everyone!!  :D :drool:

Hope you can shift good Robb cause although the 5-Speed may be more "fun" the TF-727 wasn't made to cruise.

Staright line king!  :worship: Looks as though your getting stuck into it....great job.  :thumbs:

As for me....nothing new.  :laughing:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

RedLine

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005 - 11:38:14 AM »
Robb, you got nerve.  but it looks all good when that new housing is in place.  Good luck with that K 5speed.  Mike-  maybe you posted this on another thread-  but looks like one of them torx heads loosedend and took some bites out of the caliper bracket??  :eekbig:   yikes!  Was the last pic the fixed rotor?  I'll look to see if there is an update elsewhere.   Dave-  man, that is looking sharp!  not supposed to be, but jealous of your tag already installed.   :dontknow: will ours arrive BEFORE we leave???  Nice pics you posted -- Must be nice to set up and serve an old fashoined Shaker dinner.  You need more minerals in your diet anyway.  anyone else got some in-progress pics from last week?

Btch n Blue

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005 - 12:00:00 PM »
Red... I had posted the story, but no pics... figured, since I had fixed it, why not post it as work completed!! :tongue: You're exactly right with what happened... next time I read in the instructions to wire tie bolts, I'm doing that RIGHT AWAY!! :banghead: Nobody to blame but myself... lesson learned! :grinyes:

Now it's time to fix this !@##%$#^% oil leak.... almost 200 miles on the new motor and I already had to add a quart of oil.... :gripe: :banghead: :madvibe:

Offline Robb

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005 - 01:45:30 PM »
Robb, you got nerve.  

Agreed, It took me a long while to even consider doing it but I look at it this way....   

As long as I save and Document all the parts,  its nothing a patch panel cant fix.   
No more detrimental than say a replaced trunk pan.     :cool:

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005 - 05:04:40 PM »
Looks like some good progress everyone! 

Got the Manual Pedals and the Hydraulic Clutch gear installed, though I need to do some tweaking before its finallized. 
When/if you get a chance could you post some details pics of the new pedals and the hydraulic clutch?  I'll be doing an auto-to-manual conversion on my car too and would like to see some of the steps along the way.

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005 - 11:04:45 AM »
Well the car is dead in the water for now but, the garage is coming along pretty good :thumbs:

Dave

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

RedLine

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005 - 02:57:24 PM »
Ahhh!  OBH!  Nice digs for your projects.  you running 220 or 221 (or whatever it takes) ?

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005 - 03:47:56 PM »
Very nice work everyone, and OBH, NICE GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005 - 04:27:36 PM »
I haven't had time to do squat! We have been on mandatory overtime for the last seven months here at work , so the only day off I get is sunday, we work six ten to twelve hour days! Great $ $ $ BUT h- ll on the home life if ya know what I mean ! We are supposed to go back to "Normal " hours starting next week so I'm planning on starting my rear quarter skin project . I ordered the skins from Year one . They should be in either wed. or thurs. this week ! I'm a little psych'd! If I can figure out how to send the pics. with out messing up too bad  I will . I'm new to these computer machines! I'll get the hang of it sooner or later though!
Nice garage , I just finished mine off last week ! I didn't know it was going to be such a big project! But its worth it to have a clean dry place to work on miss Rachel ! ( the cuda !)
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005 - 05:52:25 PM »
Very nice work everyone, and OBH, NICE GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!

Don't be jealous you can park in there when you come to Chicago to visit!

O' wouldn't that be fun Parking with April................. :tongue: :grinyes: :grinno: :laughing:

all in fun
Dave

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T