Author Topic: 70 B'cuda dash pad - is the B'cuda badge glued on - don't want to break it  (Read 1685 times)

Offline OzCuda

Taking the dash pad in for restoration tomorrow and assumed the script badge on the RH side would have some retainers on the rear but doesn't seem to be the case.  I assume that it is glued on but just wanted to confirm before I start playing with it and most likely break it.  Alternatively I guess the restorers could cut it out and then separate it.  Some tips please - thanks.

Just posting this here as would like a quick answer - I know it should be in the Interior thread - sorry.
'70 Barracuda

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
It has 3 prongs on the back that just penetrate through the vinyl of the pad.  If your pad is going to be redone, I would suggest using a razor and cutting the emblem out of the pad.  Go maybe a half inch around the perimeter.  Once it is out, you can finish seperating the emblem from the old vinyl material carefully with razor.  That has worked for me in the past anyway.  Trying to pry it out will probably mess it up.

kudakidd

If you're sending your dash out to Just Dashes (highly recommend), they will R&R the nameplate for you.

Offline OzCuda

Thanks guys.
'70 Barracuda

Offline OzCuda

Hmmm. $850 to have my dash recovered :ack:  Was trying to avoid the cost of importing a repro one but this might even be the cheap option (nothing is cheap when you try and bring it to Australia from the US).  Will ask again on a new thread but any reccomendations on after-market repro dash pads?
'70 Barracuda

kudakidd

Again, I strongly recommend Just Dashes.

Offline OzCuda

Thanks KudaKidd but It's a little far to ship my dash from Australia to the US and back again just to have it restored.  Shipping one way is bad enough.
'70 Barracuda