CNN reports NEW 09 Challenger!!

Author Topic: CNN reports NEW 09 Challenger!!  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: CNN reports NEW 09 Challenger!!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005 - 03:02:04 PM »
A name doesn't make a car......  I will have to wait and see it. :coffee:

What happened to that Cuda concept pics that was going around a few years ago?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005 - 03:59:42 PM »
All I can say is I will believe it when I see it in 2009.

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005 - 04:36:36 PM »
Sweet!  You know, this makes me think...  Everyone bashed DC for putting the Charger name on that new 4 door car.  Maybe that was done on purpose?  I bet that there is a core group of gear head engineers that have wanted to build a 2 door muscle car for several years.  After constantly being been shot down by penny pinchers and nay-sayers that swear there is no market and a pony car wouldn’t sell, they had to improvise.  So they planned all along to build a 4 door car and put a classic name on it that would purposely cause thousands of people to call the customer service hotline and complain.  Every person that has called and *****ed about the new Charger being 4 doors has in effect also provided the proof these rouge engineers need to justify building the new Challenger.   :dontknow:
 Or maybe not.  It makes for a good story anyway.

I highly encourage every person to call DC and encourage them to build this car! 

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

cudahob

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005 - 05:05:44 PM »
Ah red meat for the masses,.... I like it.  :thumbs:

Offline Johnny Cuda

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005 - 05:07:23 PM »
I told my wife to start saving her money. I'm gonna love drivin it, uh I mean she's gonna love drivin it. ;D

Offline 70RT440SHAKER

• Challenger R/T
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005 - 06:48:48 PM »
I mean what kind og BS is this statement that two doors are not demand on the market, I mean look at the sales on the 2005 Mustang, its selling like an icecream on a hot summer day. At least I can tell you that, a big lottery company here tried to order 10 Mustangs for their lottery this year, and the dealer could not provide from factory all sold out.

Offline 72Chall77Doba

• Bill's Mopars
    • My Car Domain Page
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005 - 07:00:39 PM »
The red 2 door pictured looks as ugly as every other cookie cutter car out there.
The yellow one looks to ricey to me.
Where is the heritage, the links to the past chally's?
Personally, I wouldn't buy either of em.
I want to see a car that looks like a modern chally.

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:00:51 PM »
I say NO NO NO to a new Challenger.............unless it looks as close to the 70-71 models or closer than the new stang....  otherwise
pick a nasty new name and don't piss me off like Charger owners
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:05:49 PM »

From the links and the pieces I have seen this has been in the making for sometime......
I'd say it will DEFINITELY be a 2-DOOR, you could put a huge bet on that.

The sales for the 2-dr Mustang will give the DC team every reason to join in.  :grinyes:
Like the yester year I can't wait.....the 66 Charger wasn't exactly a mona lisa.  ;D

That makes sense actually...... :o 1966+4=1970 - 2005+4=2009!?!?!?!?!  :eeksmall: :eeksmall: :eeksmall:  :D

Hmmmmmmm interesting.......
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline hilndr11

• Hilndr11 - still in the middle of the rebuild!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:11:17 PM »
If they're smart enough to give the new Chally a retro/updated look like Ford did the Mustang...i.e., it's recognizable as a modernized Challenger...it'll sell.

But...Daimler has assimilated Chrysler.  The Germans have no idea what gets Americans to buy cars...look at what they did with the Charger.  They think the name alone will do it...well, it won't.

Boy, I hope I'm wrong.  A modern Chally that looks as much like the original as the modern Mustang does its ancestor...I would buy one no matter what the cost.
I freaking hate everything but Mopars.  Period.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:14:11 PM »
i can see it now!! a nicely done 2009 "challenger"  2 door low roof line high quarter long nose wide tires 425 horses just like the 70's OH but i cant wait look at that price tag!!  :eekbig:  :eekbig:  :eekbig: ! 125,000$$$$$$$$$$$$ BIG ONES!!! they could screw up a wet dream!!!  :gripe:
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:34:31 PM »
Hopefully it has nothing to do with the 300C series and it will actually have its own unique chassis that'll fit the slip of a '70s Challenger.....Sleek body lines, big cubes, muscular look......None of that 300C and Magnum-styled front end. :puke:  The poor "Charger" already fell victim to such things. :cry: :ack:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

RedLine

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:35:46 PM »
Is seems that both the Older AND Younger generations want 60's-70's style mixed with modern technology.   Doesnt style go round and round on 30 - 40 year cycle?  Modern music videos are routinely featuring 60-70's cars.  The old is "new".  Perhaps DC will sieze the opportunity.  

Offline 72Chall77Doba

• Bill's Mopars
    • My Car Domain Page
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:45:26 PM »
DC will screw it up as always.
And like always they jump in way too late (2009), just like thjey jumped in after the fact in the late 60's.
And it better look like a challenger.

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005 - 08:51:25 PM »
How about DC lets CC.com design the Challenger ? I think we can all agree on a modern but well represented Challenger. Just don’t let Chip Foose get his hands on it or it’ll have 22’s with 2-tone paint. ;D