pistol grip automatic?

Author Topic: pistol grip automatic?  (Read 10720 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: pistol grip automatic?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005 - 08:28:01 AM »
i cant seem to keep the little allen screw from fallen out all the time ive tried everything from loc-tite to boogering up the threads it sux shihting into second and the shifter comes off     any suggestions?

By now due to continued failure to hold the threads are wore enough to not take the strain of you "slammn" the darn thing into gear,lol. Get another screw and use locktite, but don't use the red, use the blue variety, it should work and will allow you to more easily remove the screw should you need .
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005 - 08:47:03 AM »
You wont find these pics on the Harms site- I shot them in my garage.  This was ordered off the "custom" page....   The handles are not plastic-- they are made of flamed maple.    I know the others styles are more original appearing-  closer to the 4speed...but our restification supports this look. ...
look here   :o http://www.surprisegarage.com/Custom%20Pistol%20Grip%20Handles.htm  :o

Thanks Redline, I just sent an email asking about the price. The handle looks awesome!

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006 - 02:07:17 PM »
Looks like I'm a little late for this party? I just became a member today. thanks to all of you who have purchased from us, we appreciate your kind feedback and your support of our products.

We now sell Automatic Pistol Grip Shifters for nearly any 1966-1974 Mopar console shifted car, Slap Stik or regular chrome stalk style handles.

:cheers:

Scott Smith
Harms inc.

www.harmsauto.com
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006 - 03:13:19 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006 - 02:54:10 PM »
Welcome aboard Scott.
 This is a great site and great people. I just recieved my pistol grip today thanks to your speed of sound shipping. Order on the 31st and got it today. Glad I had a chance to do business with you.

Richard
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006 - 03:38:45 PM »
I definitely want one of those but I will need the rest of the shifter also . . .  :walkaway:   Wonder if my linkage is the same??   

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006 - 04:06:36 PM »
I definitely want one of those but I will need the rest of the shifter also . . .     Wonder if my linkage is the same?? 

Ours are designed as a direct replacement for your original shift nob/T-handle/or your metal top shifter crown&button assembly. You only remove and replace a single allen screw to remove and replace one. If you don't have a factory shifter setup already then you'll need to get one in order for our handles to work properly
 :burnout:

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006 - 04:13:19 PM »
Check this out, it's a fossil NitroFish from The Barrett Jackson, this thig was amazingly cool! It looked like it was 3 dimensional until you got right up to it. Air brush art on curved piece of raw steel with clear coat paint, the actual image is about 40.00" wide.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006 - 05:00:03 PM »

Welcome aboard Scott, can't say enough about my shifter!!  :smokin:
Soon to have a Gear Vendors button SMACK on top!!  :bananasmi :ylsuper: :woo:

Mind the mess on the floor........ :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006 - 09:36:21 AM by Rev-It-Up »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006 - 09:58:31 PM »
Hey Scott, welcome to the site.
To ask the same question that I emailed you last year; will you be at Mopars at The Strip?
How about a group buy?

Thanks.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2006 - 10:51:49 PM »
We now sell Automatic Pistol Grip Shifters for nearly any 1966-1974 Mopar console shifted car, Slap Stik or regular chrome stalk style handles.

Scott Smith
Harms inc.
www.harmsauto.com
Are you selling the Exotic wood handles for the Automatic pistol grip again? If so how much roughly will they be?
 Great looking shifters by the way!  :thumbsup:
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006 - 12:19:38 AM »
Well to answer you both. Yes, I plan on being at Mopars at the Strip, and yes, we still sell the exotic wood grips..... BUT! there are catches to both.

We are currently enjoying a huge growth stage in our company, this has created a couple of growing pains, one is keeping proper available inventory on hand, and allowing our key vendors who hand make many of our parts time to get caught up. If I don't have enough inventory before the MAPS show I might only attend with samples to show and take orders. In fact if it's really bad I may not make it at all, selling product at those shows is what pays for the long trip down. Once we get caught up building stock we will tour most major shows in the USA and will entertain group buys, but since these are 100% hand made from billet stainless steel & labor is high, we won't likely have allot of room for substantial discounts.

On the wood grips, we used to sell them on handles and by themselves, but since nearly everyone wanted a different wood, or worse yet, color, keeping exactly what people wanted on hand created an inventory nightmare.

That was one problem, but now the biggest problem is the price. Our sole source for these makes a very good living building custom electric guitars (10K is cheap for one of his) he did these for us in his spare time and does the highest quality wood work I have ever seen. Now he has become so busy building guitars that he told us he is no longer interested in making them unless we pay an extreme amount of money for them and if we are willing to let him do them between his normal jobs.

So, we decided to continue selling them to those who didn't mind the high price or the long wait period. Due to the difficulties in managing this kind of custom work we decided to only sell complete handles when ordering these special grips. Any handle we make, automatic or 4 speed, is $599.00 with the wood grips of choice. In the future I will not to post prices but in this reply I think it's appropriate this one time.

Anyway, I hope that helps answer some questions.

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006 - 01:00:04 AM »
 Thanks for the quick reply, That's too bad about the exotic wood handles, but understandable.

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Triple Black hemi

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006 - 10:43:45 AM »
Scott....thanks for the information.  Your products are awesome. 

Are the 68-70 B-body shifters available?

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006 - 11:15:39 AM »
Yes, the 66-70 Shifter shown above is available and in stock for immediate shipment. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006 - 11:18:09 AM by Harms inc. »

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006 - 05:58:27 AM »
hey Scott!!..

Ive been wanting a pistol grip with a button on it to activate a line loc or something like that. Can you make it?

70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI