pistol grip automatic?

Author Topic: pistol grip automatic?  (Read 10735 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: pistol grip automatic?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2006 - 09:09:24 AM »
hey Scott!!..
Ive been wanting a pistol grip with a button on it to activate a line loc or something like that. Can you make it?

I would assume there would be some kind of wires for that . . . where would you hide them??   

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2006 - 12:53:47 PM »
I dont know .. im not an engineer..  Hopefully that is what I'd be paying Harm for... :working:
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2006 - 04:13:12 PM »
We will have a nitrous (or overdrive, or whatever) mirco switch installed as an option on future models, current models will not be retrofittable, it's a feature that must be built in from the start.

This button will be installed within the top bezel assembly underneath and hidden by the top shift pattern lens. The platform the lens sits on will depress and be returned by a return spring also hidden underneath. The wire routing is the last hurdle, we have working prototypes now but hiding the wire entirely has become a challenge we have yet to overcome. We still have some ideas and are open to others if any of you have any.

:cheers:

Scott

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2006 - 06:15:56 AM »
I know it sounds easier than it is, but would a wire that is needed to operate such a button isnt that thick. Can a small diameter hole be drilled throught the entire shifter so that a wire would slide through it and come out the bottom?

I have no idea how this would be done   :dunno: :dunno:just an idea.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline Ryans71challenger

the trigger
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2006 - 11:25:25 PM »
sure made it a ***** to shift

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: the trigger
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2006 - 01:17:45 AM »
sure made it a pregnant dog to shift

??? I know you meant "bltch" but what exactly are your referring to?  :dunno:

I am all ears about this button business, we are going to look at customing my existing handle to fit the Gear Vendors OD button. If you do make one I am definitely on the [buy now] list.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2006 - 09:47:21 PM »
Yes, please explain because you never mentioned this to me? So far we have sold a bunch of these and are getting nothing but positive feedback. If it shifts any differently than your original than you must have an installation problem, it shouldn't shift any differently than your OEM setup did (the same OEM mechanism is used just a different way to push down on it to disengage it).

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2006 - 09:50:39 PM »
BTW,

On the Gear Vendors/Nitrous button deal.......Yes, the wire could be put through to the bottom of our handle, but our handle slides OVER your OEM shaft, it's a friction fit, no room for a wire. There would need to be a hole drilled through your factoy metal shifter stub for the wire to continue downward and underneath the console. If we left it exposed at the bottom you'd see it down near the console top. This is not the way we want them to look.

Offline Ryans71challenger

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006 - 10:32:57 PM »
well the trigger does not allow you to slap thru the gears if you have a reverse manual valve body. Or at least for the 30 odd miles iever got to drive my car.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006 - 11:37:19 PM »
Ryan, 

The Harms Automatic Pistol Grip does not have a trigger, that is a feature of the Gunslinger model, entirely different company's product.

The Harms handle does nothing to affect your factory shifters opperation, it just a replacement for your factory handle.
 :thumbsup:

*This picture is of a Gunslinger Automatic Pistol Grip, ours has no trigger and tilts forward, not to mention many other smaller differences.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006 - 11:42:52 PM »
Here is ours, the Harms Automatic Pistol Grip

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006 - 12:05:18 AM »
Thats a really nice shifter, how much are they worth? I'm sure it I seen it posted before, but can't seem to find where.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006 - 12:20:21 AM »
I don't like to post prices here, please either send me a PM or check out our web site www.harmsauto.com

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006 - 12:22:23 AM »
Thanks! I'll keep that website close.   :thumbsup:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006 - 09:01:30 AM »
And if NZ and I haven't said enough great things about Scott's stuff.... the grips are beautiful pieces of craftsmanship, they feel great in your hand and everyone who see's them in person goes gaga over them. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!