You want to see rough?

Author Topic: You want to see rough?  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Rough 71 RT

You want to see rough?
« on: June 26, 2005 - 04:51:45 PM »
This is rough, but not a problem, I have no fear. I bought this car, and will completely resurect it, I'm confident!! I needed 2 quarters, 2 doors, 2 fenders, 1 trunk lid, 1 complete trunk floor with exrentions, 1 hood and a front and rear valance. I have in the last 2 months purchased 2 full OEM quarters, 2 Rust free dent free doors, 1 Repro power bulge hood, 1 repro valance for the rear with cut outs, 1 front valace and a brand new complete trunk floor kit with extensions. Like a big model kit!!!! This car will be White with a red interior, red bumble bee stripe in the rear, with Amarican Torque thrust D's 15X8 1/2" and 15X7's front. and Mickey Thompsons all the way around. The work is just begining and so is the fun.   Dave
Dave Carlson

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: You want to see rough?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005 - 05:16:24 PM »
I honestly dont think its that rough. Maybe its just the pictures. My car was in need of most of the stuff you are replacing and I thought it was solid. I don't think a car is a major restoration unless it has frame damage, because that usually means all the floors and extrerior sheetmetal would have to be replaced. Good luck putting your model together, remember not to throw away the instructions  ;)
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Rough 71 RT

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005 - 05:32:38 PM »
Thanks, but I did neglect to mention it also needed 3 frame rails, 2 complete front and one rear, so I managed to get 2 full front frame rails in great shape from a local salvage yard and i have yet to get the rear, I think I will replace it with the yaer one full rear section , not yhr cheesy patches.  Dave

P.S One of the picture above is of the drivers side front frame rail rot.
Dave Carlson

beamtallica

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005 - 05:33:17 PM »
She dont look to bad. I love to see people bring thes cars back from the dead!  :patriot: :cool:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005 - 05:43:06 PM »
Sounds like you have some talent if you are gonna fix all that!!  Very cool!!  Would love to see alot of pics as progress continues!!!  Looks like somewhere to start!!  Keep us informed!!  Love them pics!!    :beer: 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005 - 06:34:11 PM »

I agree I have definitely seen a lot worse but your car still is no picnic for restoring.  :o
That area between the trunk and rear window is nasty.

We had to do mine, one of the only places the car was rusty.  ;D

Before & After
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Rough 71 RT

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005 - 07:11:53 PM »
Yeah that spot sucks, but I bought the new panel from Year One that should make the job a lot easier for 145.00 I'm happy it's a nice piece.
Dave Carlson

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005 - 07:16:41 PM »
Yeah that spot sucks, but I bought the new panel from Year One that should make the job a lot easier for 145.00 I'm happy it's a nice piece.

Sweet as mate, sounds like a good idea....something me and my resto team should have considered.  ;D

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005 - 07:33:34 PM »
Thanks, but I did neglect to mention it also needed 3 frame rails, 2 complete front and one rear, so I managed to get 2 full front frame rails in great shape from a local salvage yard and i have yet to get the rear, I think I will replace it with the yaer one full rear section , not yhr cheesy patches.  Dave

P.S One of the picture above is of the drivers side front frame rail rot.

That would make a difference.

Sounds like a big project keep the pictures coming and good luck
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline 4drbrnko

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005 - 07:50:09 PM »
So. you found a glovebox door and started from there?    :worship: :worship: :worship:
 :laughing:
Allways nice to see somebody with some skillzzz bringing back these cars.
<-------<<<  Clickylinks..... My vehicles

mopar_guy333

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005 - 08:45:30 AM »
yeah ive definetly saw worse,alot of work ahead of you but i belive in yah! keep us posted and keep the camera by you!

Offline Johnny Cuda

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005 - 04:05:22 PM »
That's the spirit :thumbs:  Keep us updated. :coffee:

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005 - 10:04:11 AM »
Mine is pretty rough to. It'll be cool to watch us patchin em up. Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005 - 10:08:20 AM by ReturnofCuda »
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline Rough 71 RT

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005 - 04:20:31 PM »
Is it just me, or do these cars just look tough when they're sitting like this, I sware some times I just like looking at the progress pictures better than the finished car. The thing just looks mean. Good luck man, your about the same as I'm at. Had to hold up today though, got a war wound cutting off my Quarter panel, I think there's more blood on the floor of the garage than I have in my body right now. But I wrapped it with a towel and at least finished taking off the quarter panel. Prioritys right? ;)
Dave Carlson

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005 - 05:21:49 PM »
 :iagree: They do look tought at what ever stage the resto is at, still nothing beats a fresh MoPar straight out of resto!  :grinno: :worship: