NADA used car price guide; Mopar prices have gone UP ^

Author Topic: NADA used car price guide; Mopar prices have gone UP ^  (Read 3883 times)

cudahob

Offline Winston

Re: NADA used car price guide; Mopar prices have gone UP ^
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005 - 11:03:09 AM »
yes, they have gone up dramatically, and it does bring much concern to me.  My county gets their tax rates off of NADA for my newer cars, and if they use the same method for the 'Cudas, I'm going to be one poor soul.  this stuff makes me   :mad: :stomp: :mad:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005 - 11:08:05 AM »
WHOA!!! Thanks for the link cudahob.

I know the value is in the eye of the beholder and these figures are only ball park but....$52,360 for my R/T
I made it an even $50,000  ;)

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

cudahob

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005 - 11:09:38 AM »
Ops.. sorry to ruin your day.  :outtahere:

Are you from Canada? Europe? ....... New Zealand???  ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005 - 11:12:44 AM by cudahob »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005 - 11:12:12 AM »
Ops.. sorry to ruin your day.  :outtahere:

Are you from Canada? Europe?

New Zealand so prices don't really mean "that" much there rare enough down here to up the prices anyway.  ;D

Offline Winston

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005 - 11:19:59 AM »
cudahob,

not sure who you are asking, but i live in gloucester county, virginia. 

my buddy up the road with an original R-coded 71 Cuda won't be happy if our county goes by NADA either!  lol  OK, enough of my :gripe:

;D

cudahob

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005 - 11:41:34 AM »
Winston, I've never heard of it.  Hope you don't have to move, my property tax for 2 cars was $112. last year in Kansas.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005 - 12:07:52 PM »
You pay for the cars that you own on your PROPERTY TAX???      :ack:

Never heard of that! 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005 - 12:10:33 PM »

:iagree: Me niether..... :ack:

Offline Winston

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005 - 12:32:31 PM »
Yeah, it's an injustice, but yes, we in Virginia pay personal property taxes on our cars, boats, farm equipment..basically anything with wheels or that floats, you have to pay property tax on it.  Percentages vary by county, but my county doesn't give breaks for high mileage or anything.  For instance, I drive a 2001 Honda Prelude that they have valued at $16,000 (it is immaculate with 66k miles, and I would be lucky to get $12,000 for it)...at $2.20 per $100, I owe $352 on just that one particular vehicle, and I have 3 Cuda's and a 2001 Explorer.  They make out like bandits.  That Beatles song, Taxman, really has become reality.  For those interested, take a look:

http://www.gloucesterva.info/treas/taxes1.htm#Personal%20Property%20Tax

Also, in Virginia, you have to buy county decals to place at the center of your windshield right next to the $15 state inspection sticker, which are $25 per operable vehicle and $12.50 for each inoperable car.   It may not sound like much, but when you put it all together, it is a significant amount.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005 - 12:36:24 PM »

:ack: Sounds like a plan to get bigger and better luches for the staff.  :laughing:

"Burger prices have gone up Chris!"  :( "Fine!!  >:( Then so HAVE the car taxes.."

:laughup:

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005 - 12:42:28 PM »
Virginia

Thats enough for me to move. But its inexpensive to live there for everything else so I dont feel that bad for you. What does a house go for ??   Now lets talk to the WA, CA, AZ, MA, RI     folks here.    AZ has Income and sales tax. 8-10% sales

WA has the highest minimum wage and one of the highest unemployment  $7.15 or so and $496 a week give or take.  you need it up there.

But with property tax on cars in Virginia  thats a bunch of crap.
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline inot2old

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005 - 01:03:58 PM »
I live in VA also, (Albemarle County).  My '73 Cuda is assessed at $250, I don't owe any property tax because its not worth enough.  LOL.  Please don't tell the County any differant.
I don't know where they get their numbers cause my '97 Sebring is assessed at $3200, so I owe $40.00 on that.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

cudahob

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005 - 01:29:15 PM »
Property tax on your car-s, not on top of your property. All deductible.  :thumbs:

But how about those prices.  :o :o

Offline Winston

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005 - 01:39:29 PM »
NZ440, you're probably more right than you know!  ;D

Virginia is certainly not the most expensive state in which to live, but it isn't the cheapest either.  If you buy a house in the Richmond suburbs or in Hampton Roads (Tidewater area), you're going to be spending at a minimum around $250k to live in a decent area, but most neighborhoods these days are well into the 300's and 400's in desireable areas, sometimes more.  You can tack on an extra $100k-$200k+ for a house in northern Virginia counties.  It used to be where you could move out to the rural counties to buy real estate pretty affordably, but for the most part, those days are gone as Virginia's smaller cities like Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Harrisonburg and Roanoke continue to rapidly grow.  There are plenty of people struggling to get by in Virginia just like any other state.  The bottom line is...the gubment at every level is always going to get their piece of the pie, whether it's fair or not.

int2old, you are in great shape in Albemarle!  That's how it was in Hanover County where I grew up.  Gloucester County isn't like that at all...I wish it was in this instance!  I guess we're more like northern Va without the required emissions test.  You live in pretty country out there.  FYI, they get values here from the average retail price on nada.com.  Last year, a '70 'Cuda was not worth $4000 according to NADA, and this year, avg. retail is $22000 for one like mine.

cudahob, it is deductible, that's true.  :thumbs:  But it is on top of your property taxes.  it's personal property taxes in addition to real estate(property) taxes, which aren't very cheap, especially living on waterfront property.