Free Speech?

Author Topic: Free Speech?  (Read 10820 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Free Speech?
« on: June 29, 2005 - 02:24:43 PM »

If any "little" disagreement pops up around here like a friendly debate, it gets locked down? Why is this???????  :dontknow:

I agree if it's out of hand and going no where but for the love of me, some of these topics are nothing more than "pub talk"
We'll disagree, yeah, but thats life...can't keep everything in our minds we'll go insane.  :ack:

IMO I think the threads should stay open for longer. REV just closed one down which I thought was nothing serious.... :(

Other fourms.... Have to ease up a little don't you think?

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Andrew

• Resident
Re: Free Speech?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:31:37 PM »
she locked it just as i was startin to have fun

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:31:48 PM »
I wish I would have had enough time to retort on that thread, but I believe that it should have been locked. Although I am 100% in favor of free speech, any arguement over religion and/or politics shouldn't be on this forum. Reason being, is they are never ending debate(s). If we start argueing, than this forum would breakdown and wouldn't have a community sense anymore.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:36:41 PM »
I wish I would have had enough time to retort on that thread, but I believe that it should have been locked. Although I am 100% in favor of free speech, any arguement over religion and/or politics shouldn't be on this forum. Reason being, is they are never ending debate(s). If we start argueing, than this forum would breakdown and wouldn't have a community sense anymore.

True but that thread was past the religion/politics stage and on to debating geography, was quite fun. WELL, it was...... ::)
Spice's this site up a bit, that that it needs it but sure wasn't hurting anyone.

Feel like kids getting told oiff just because we made a little noise.... :coffee:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:36:56 PM »
NZ, I locked it because it was getting out of hand.  We have all seen other threads go down this same road.  All of sudden we have a rash of people who just want to argue and I believe it's bringing this site down.  Folks aren't even being respectful anymore.  

If you have a problem with me locking it....take it up with Ross.  
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:38:44 PM »
True but that thread was past the religion/politics stage and on to debating geography, was quite fun. WELL, it was...... ::)
Spice's this site up a bit, that that it needs it but sure wasn't hurting anyone.

Feel like kids getting told oiff just because we made a little noise.... :coffee:

NZ...this is how all the other sites get there bad name...people bickering and telling people off.  We don't need to "spice" the site up!   Let's keep this place the way it is and the reason it's the best Mopar site on the internet.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:42:55 PM »
NZ, I locked it because it was getting out of hand.  We have all seen other threads go down this same road.  All of sudden we have a rash of people who just want to argue and I believe it's bringing this site down.  Folks aren't even being respectful anymore.  

If you have a problem with me locking it....take it up with Ross.  

No problem yet. Getting out of hand?  :laughing: I was merely letting 73/360 know that we were lived was called Australiasia.  :yawn:
He PM'ed me the other day joking about stuff. As for the other threads that was one guy alone, Robb, coming in to ruin everyones fun then it gets closed down or told to be quite like children just because of him, one smart ar$e.. :o :'(

A little debate never hurt anyone, there are debates then there are personal attacks, learn to seperate them.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:44:57 PM »
No reason to get testy with me NZ.  Back off.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:45:44 PM »
NZ...this is how all the other sites get there bad name...people bickering and telling people off.  We don't need to "spice" the site up!   Let's keep this place the way it is and the reason it's the best Mopar site on the internet.

That is true, but not all boards have this few a people. 30,000 plus member boards you can see why that happens.
We know everyone here, THATS my point. I debate with my Dad, my Mum my friends but I still love'em.  ;)
We are all adult her (cept for Andrw  :tongue:)  :laughing: so one would think a grown up discussion could occur.  :thumbs:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:46:48 PM »
No reason to get testy with me NZ.  Back off.

That wasn't directed at you, the board in General. Consider me backing off. Sorry..... :newsad: Can't even discuss this properly sheesh..

mopar_guy333

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:52:29 PM »
pardon me butting in but are we talking about a thread in particular that recently got locked?

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:54:26 PM »
Yep...the "what do you think about this" thread.

mopar_guy333

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:55:34 PM »
oh i see,well nz just informed me that he would not be back for while....but im sure we'll see him soon enough!

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:56:15 PM »
Im with u on this one Rev. Id rather keep it nice and safe here, and friendly. Venting can be done elsewere.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005 - 02:58:48 PM »
oh i see,well nz just informed me that he would not be back for while....but im sure we'll see him soon enough!

Well, I'm sorry to hear that.  Hopefully he'll be back after he cools off.