Author Topic: General question  (Read 716 times)

Offline lostmycuda

General question
« on: July 05, 2005 - 07:21:32 AM »
At the moment, I don't have a lot of details/numbers on this tranny...but here goes:
I made arrangements to purchase a 73 cuda 318 car...the seller included a 383 2bbl & 727 tranny. I worked the price down and am taking the car w/o the engine because I may want to keep it small block. My question is if I go small block will a 727 tranny mate up to it or is there different 727s (for small/big blocks)? It's been a while since I've been in the mopar game & always had 904s. Or is it all dependant on the year/application, etc. Thanks for everything. And lastly, I understand if I do go big block, all I need to do is change the motor mounts in the car, correct? Same torsion bars will work?

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: General question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005 - 08:38:22 AM »
internally the 727 is identical , but the small block & big block use a different case with different belhousing mount pattern between the small & big blocks
 I recommend increasing the T bar size with a big block but the kframe is the same & you will just need the correct mount for the big block

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline lostmycuda

Re: General question
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005 - 01:45:33 PM »
Excellent..thanks for that. I'll have to find out which one he has (I assume it's the bb version) if so, perhaps I'll take that 383 and just go that route...thanks again!