Author Topic: Oh, My God!....Hemi Challenger at its best!  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Grancoupe

Re: Oh, My God!....Hemi Challenger at its best!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005 - 09:34:21 PM »
I guess this is what you get when money is not an issue.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005 - 11:33:34 PM »
wow, that car is WILD!!!!!  I too noticed the gauges!  I agree, and also hope it wasn't a real hemi car to begin with!

Offline Wrencher

• 73 Plain Jane 318 Auto Project
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005 - 11:07:59 AM »
Big $$$$ car.  Is it driveable?

mopar_guy333

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005 - 11:13:48 AM »
i like the car,but to tell you the truth not really my style.like sumone else said thats what sumone will do with an unlimited budget.
mopar guy

Offline Popeye

• Got Hemi?
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005 - 12:08:06 PM »
You guys are correct....this is a BIG dollar car. You need to keep in mind who the builder is.....Bobby Alloway is known for street rods. He builds big buck cars. The interesting thing is this: A few years ago you would NEVER see a muscle car at a rod and custom show. Now, you see a few. There were maybe 3 muscle cars in the "pro pit" at Columbus. The big name builders are all on the cutting edge when it comes to designing and building cars. The appearance of muscle cars at a rod and custom show is a very significant development....expect to see more of these. Unfortunately, the only driving time that Alloway's cars see is on and off the trailer.

Offline Wrencher

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005 - 12:16:58 PM »
Unfortunately, the only driving time that Alloway's cars see is on and off the trailer.

That's what I thought.  Not meant to be driven and compromises are made to get the right "look".  It's more about art than driving.
Nice to look at, though. 

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005 - 02:13:51 PM »
You guys better buy them up before they're all gone. Think about it, after all the "special" cars like the Hemi's and 440's and AAR's and TA's have been saved and restored, and all the less worthy street cars that didn't come with a very significant configuration have been saved form the bone yard, that leaves thin pickins for the Hot Rod crowd to come. Once they're done finishing the muscle car cliche after a few years, I can't imagine there being much left after this new wave of characters passes through the muscle car stock pile. Thank God I never sold mine. Nothing special, just a Grancoupe, but still is mine.

Offline Wrencher

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005 - 03:23:43 PM »
I guess if these street-rod builders are saving e-bodies from the crusher, I'm onboard.  But it the more these cars are sought after, the more expensive this hobby becomes.

Offline Pixie_Duster

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005 - 03:25:07 PM »
my jaw dropped when looking at those pictures :o.... wow. agreeing with everyone else- its a BIG MONEY deal- but i think it looks good!

Offline Popeye

• Got Hemi?
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005 - 03:31:15 PM »
Just to clarify.....the car is not all show. It drives and handles far better than any Mopar ever built, today or 35 years ago. It is also ridiculously powerful...that's the way Bobby builds em and that's the way I like em. ;D

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005 - 03:40:28 PM »
Indeed beautiful ! However, I won"t call it "useless" but certainly is excessive. But I guess when you have apparent endless stacks of money and or sponsors to send a trail of parts and service goodies, you can always build a "driver", I bet it would be super $$$ too,lol. But at least he picked a Mopar for his talent and handiwork..............he sure did good.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 70boss

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005 - 04:14:36 PM »
That is a sweet ride.  I heard about that car.  My friends car was there...the Black 67 Mustang Fastback.  It was a top 5 finisher out the 8000 cars.  Watch for a full Hot Rod spread on the Chally.  These cars are built to drive as well.  I am sure you saw the 67 Black mustang if you were there.  Goodyear snatched it up and put it on their trailer for display purposes.  The car was built to be a driver for a local businessman. 

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005 - 04:27:57 PM »
Just to clarify.....the car is not all show. It drives and handles far better than any Mopar ever built, today or 35 years ago. It is also ridiculously powerful...that's the way Bobby builds em and that's the way I like em. ;D

But that's just it. It's a 35 year old car. One could restore that one back to as new and but a new exotic that will out accelerate, out handle, out brake that one and you'd still have a super chunk of change in the bank. I'd prefer it stock and a Viper or such for the silly times.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005 - 06:03:52 PM »
 :iagree: But I'd settle for the "fantastic" resto with a 440 6pk, that would be good enough for me,lol. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it! It just has that ? (why) hanging over it. I'd prefer to resto 3 or 4 for what is tied up in that project, heck maybe even 5 restos?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005 - 06:44:29 PM »
 :iagree: with the why? That car is awesome to look at but for me that would get old FAST!If you can`t drive `em what`s the point?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi