Anyone have pics of 72-74 Challenger

Author Topic: Anyone have pics of 72-74 Challenger  (Read 5062 times)

Offline carcrazyguy

Anyone have pics of 72-74 Challenger
« on: July 12, 2005 - 11:29:24 AM »
I am looking for pics of 72-74 Challengers with Shaker hood (or even a TA style) hood.

THANKS

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Anyone have pics of 72-74 Challenger
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005 - 06:31:13 PM »

Try a search on Google.  :thumbs: H-e-a-p-s-!!!!  :grinyes:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005 - 07:15:49 PM »
I did that but I only saw one red 72-74 with a shaker. Plus the pic was pretty not a very good shot. :banghead: ;D

I am going to look at a 72 Challenger this week that is suppost to have T/A stripes on it. Not what I would do to a 72-74 but it is for sale and I have been looking for an Ebody.  Plus it is only about 150 miles from Fort Worth so I am going to check it out!  He is WAY over priced (I think) at 15k but the car is suppost to be "VERY solid, just old paint that is checking (cracking) in places"  ::)  So we shall see.  I was hoping to find a Barracuda but I haven't found one anywhere near the (condition and asking price) I want to pay. :newsad:   So I am going to check out the Challenger.  And I have a lead on a 71 Satellite :drool: which is one of my favorite Mopar bodystyles (since I had a 71 RR in highschool).  So we shall see what happens within the next week!!

So many options :banghead: 
1) Start on Duster project(IF I ever get the Dart project done)
2) Buy another project (which I REALLY don't need now)
3)Trade wifes Dakota R/T in on a new car (06 Mustang GT) :eekbig: :boxer:
But first I REALLY REALLY need to finish my 71 Dart project. :banghead:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005 - 07:25:26 PM »

IMO I would leave it..."cracking paint"? You know there's more to it than that. There is a guy on this board who just bought a 1970 440 Cuda clone low #2 car absolutey lovely car for $7,000 more than your paying for a 72 mad mad "sounding" Challenger.  :(

Food for thought.  :beer: :thumbs: I'm looking also for a AAR Cuda or 70 Cuda...
Just have to tell myself to wait for the right time and not jump at something just "because".  ;)

Cheers
Carl

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005 - 07:59:10 PM »
I don't plan to buy it at 15k unless it is MUCH nicer than what it sounds like.  But I try to check on every lead I get. You never know what might turn up.  I had a lead on what was suppost to be a 74 Barracuda.  It turned out to be a 71 Barracuda 383 car. However the car was beyond being saved. :banghead: :cry:  So I have just kept trying to check on every tip I get.   I truely don't NEED another Mopar right now. But for some reason I just can't quit searching for more. :banghead:  I can't afford to finish my Duster project within the next few years, so there is no reason to buy another project now.  I have a feeling the prices of Mopars is going to come down within a year or two that might allow for "more car for the money" if I hold out.  But I just keep thinking it would be nice to have a few project lined up just in case prices go through the roof(as if they haven't already) :laughing: 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005 - 09:04:23 PM »

LOL!!! I am also looking for another MoPar, I don't need it but I want onme. LMAO!  :laughing: ;D

Too true mate about following all leads, just saying the price he wants for it, it would have to be a #2- car.  :thumbs: :beer:

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:11:21 PM »
No problem :thumbs:  I don't think the car will be what I am looking for.  Actually I am hoping it isn't. :eekbig:  I really don't want to spend that kind of money right now on another "toy".  If I spend that much I really should just trade my wifes Dakota R/T in on something newer with less miles.  But I just have the Mopar bug BAD and can't seem to shake it.  I already have 2 projects now. One (the Dart is within a few months ::) of being done and back on the road). The other (70 Duster) is a long term project that will only get pushed to the back burner if I buy another Mopar.   But it is just a /6 car (with some big plans) so why spend money on it now when I can't afford to do it the way my wife and I want it done??  So it likely want be on the road (or to do list) for at least the next 3 years since my wife is school now.  But after that :drool:     :thumbs:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:21:43 PM »

Nice projects mate.  ;) My 70 Challenger R/T is about 3 months away from hitting the streets after 2-1/2's resto.  :D

Can't wait, got any photos of yours? These photos were taken about 2-1/2 months ago.... :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005 - 10:23:54 PM by NZ440R/T »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:26:35 PM »

A few more........

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:28:54 PM »
My project(s) is nothing compared to yours.  They are just some entry level cars to tinker with.  I am not making a show car I just want a nice car to enjoy once in awhile.  Later on in life maybe I can go for something a little nicer but right now, my wifes school is most important.  

Pics of my projects (and my Dads cars) can be seen at
http://community.webshots.com/user/carcrazyguy  

Like I said, nothing special just some projects that I hope one day will be "driver quality"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:32:04 PM »

Sheesh, nothing wrong with thoughs mate!  :D :drool:

My Challenger has been built to drive hence the black rubber/undercoating and a few other "daily driver" musts.  ;)
Show quality but not overboard trailor queen. Show class paint, drivetrain better than new but modern helpers like vicus fan, headers/exhaust, new shifter handle, nothing major but nice little touches to make this car a highway beast.  :grinyes: :burnout:

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?  :beer:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:32:44 PM »
NZ your car is looking amazing!!   :drool:   :drool:   :drool:  You must be very excited!!   :stomp:   :stomp:   :stomp:

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:33:39 PM »
I am 32.  And headed downhill :banghead:

:laughing:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:36:34 PM »

lol!!!  :laughup: :laughing: :laughup:
It's all good mate...some people are your age turned around and have been over the hill and are now 6ft under.
I'm glad for every minute I'm a live, thats for sure!!  ;) :guitar: :grinyes:

4C: LMAO! Yip I sure am, thoughs are old photos....
You should see some new ones anytime soon with more progress perhaps some panels or some interior in!  :drool:

Not too far away...... :coffee: ;D

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005 - 10:44:53 PM »
I understand that!!  I have already had 2 strokes. :ack: One when I was 22 and another mild one at 24.  Thankfully I am much better now!! 

But all my nice cars have gone by the way side.  My wife has been in school for 8 years now and still has 3 more to go. :newsad:  Not to mention that we have had to move (out of town) 2 times in the last 3 years to keep her in school.   And :nopity: I took a year off from work to help out with the household chores and keep her going! :spank: :laughing: