Shaker hood bubble color options?

Author Topic: Shaker hood bubble color options?  (Read 8913 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Shaker hood bubble color options?
« on: July 29, 2005 - 10:10:32 PM »
I was at a local mopar car show and was talking to a guy that brought a 1970 real "R" code cuda.  We got on the topic of shaker bubble colors and he swears that in 1970 only promo cars came with a red shaker bubble.  I thought all red cars had red bubble and the rest came with silver.

Anyone know for sure? :???: :???:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Shaker hood bubble color options?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005 - 10:40:29 PM »
Not all red cars came with a red shaker but that was the only body colored shaker you could get.  Not sure how many were made with the red shaker but it is pretty cool!!   :thumbs: 

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005 - 10:44:02 PM »
Red was available on a 70 Red Cuda only. The promo ads had a red bubble so Chrysler had to produce the red cars with red bubbles in 70. That was the only body color available. 70 bubbles were argent or flat black and generally 71 bubbles were black only. However, some 71 model cars came with 70 date coded argent silver bubbles on them.

David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005 - 01:31:56 AM »
I was at a local mopar car show and was talking to a guy that brought a 1970 real "R" code cuda.  We got on the topic of shaker bubble colors and he swears that in 1970 only promo cars came with a red shaker bubble.  I thought all red cars had red bubble and the rest came with silver.

Anyone know for sure? :???: :???:
I read that in January 1970 when Dodge announced that the shaker would be available for the Hemi and 440-6 cars that the shaker would be black on all cars except for FE5 cars.  That announcement proved to be premature as the shaker hooded Dodge cars did not make production until April.  Anyone ever see the TV commercial with the FC7 convertible with matching FC7 shaker?

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005 - 10:17:02 AM »
Not all red cars came with a red shaker but that was the only body colored shaker you could get.  Not sure how many were made with the red shaker but it is pretty cool!!   :thumbs: 

The way it went as I read this back in the late 90's was that the red cars could be opted with the red shaker...  however shortly after the first production of the red shakers there was a paint peeling problem and the problem couldnt be fixed for conistant production rather than spend 1000's of dollars trying to research and fix the problem they just cut it from the option list. 

I either read this in MCG or MM years ago, if the infromation is wrong Im sorry, just thought I would add it to the conversation.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005 - 04:05:22 PM »
I remember it as all shaker bubbles were textured silver on Cudas unless it was a red car for 1970. Black shakers were a 71 thing.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005 - 07:09:14 PM »
I've always heard that red shakers were only available on red cars in 1970 only with the A22 front and rear elastomeric bumper package. This also included dual outside painted mirrors.

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005 - 02:49:45 AM »
I've always heard that red shakers were only available on red cars in 1970 only with the A22 front and rear elastomeric bumper package. This also included dual outside painted mirrors.

CODY,. and this is your car, optioned just as such. However, the date of release for the red shaker bubble is in question. Date pf car production and shaker bubble release need to coincide. Getting alot of conflicting information on shaker releases, so I can't answer your question.

Did you look at the shaker bubble on your car and the date code on it, compared to your production date?
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005 - 04:12:34 PM »
CODY,. and this is your car, optioned just as such. However, the date of release for the red shaker bubble is in question. Date pf car production and shaker bubble release need to coincide. Getting alot of conflicting information on shaker releases, so I can't answer your question.

Did you look at the shaker bubble on your car and the date code on it, compared to your production date?

"Hemi 'Cuda's"  never had a production problem. 

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005 - 08:58:14 PM »
The car was built around sept. 20th... ish 1969.  The shaker was painted black, however it was red originally underneath the black.

The car did come with rubber bumbers and painted mirrors.

Where do you look to find the production date on the shaker?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005 - 10:34:39 PM »
Can someone date & identify this part #?  3418657

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005 - 11:47:19 PM »
The car was built around sept. 20th... ish 1969.  The shaker was painted black, however it was red originally underneath the black.

All shakers came with red paint underneath them.

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005 - 12:49:15 AM »
:D

why? :dontknow:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005 - 12:59:21 AM »
Anyone want to run out and sand their shaker bubble down to see if it is true?

Why red?  Where did you hear this?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005 - 01:00:11 AM »
 :iagree: :dontknow: :???:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60