Seat covers on Ebaymotors from a guy cuda-roadster

Author Topic: Seat covers on Ebaymotors from a guy cuda-roadster  (Read 2569 times)

Offline gomangoRT/SE

Seat covers on Ebaymotors from a guy cuda-roadster
« on: August 03, 2005 - 08:52:05 PM »
I have been seeing these for sale on ebay for some time now......I have been very nosey and thought I would finally call him.   He is an oriental guy from Canada and states he buys these overseas and that most seat covers purchased now from suppliers also purchase their seat covers made out of the country due to labor costs involved.......  Front and rear seat covers in black or white or blue were $250 total.........now like most of you I am skeptical and still am........so I reviewed those who left feedback and his feedback is excellent.....  Then still not satisified I sent messages to several of those he has sold goods to asking how the fit and finish of this product is........still waiting to hear back from them, and still somewhat skeptical but you know i think heck, all these middle men we buy from simply purchase from others and add their markups.    Not saying I am going to buy these seat covers.....no not yet..but I am interesting in seeing others responses to my request for their reviews.........years ago when I restored a 67 Corvette I found some overseas tracking data on seat covers i purchased........  Yes I do hear Legendary makes their seat covers........probably here but we do pay more for our labor,  but the quality of the product and its final fit matters too.......not to mention saving $250   these guys have to mark up their product to make a profit to cover their many expenses.........will let everyone know what i find out........again I am not making a case either way..........one of these things I just gotta find out........signed detective gomangoRT/SE

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Seat covers on Ebaymotors from a guy cuda-roadster
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005 - 09:07:17 PM »
DO you have a link to an auction . . . I wanna see!   :dontknow: 

Offline Robb

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005 - 10:10:42 PM »
I have been seeing these for sale on ebay for some time now......I have been very nosey and thought I would finally call him.   He is an oriental guy from Canada and states he buys these overseas and that most seat covers purchased now from suppliers also purchase their seat covers made out of the country due to labor costs involved.......  Front and rear seat covers in black or white or blue were $250 total.........now like most of you I am skeptical and still am........so I reviewed those who left feedback and his feedback is excellent.....  Then still not satisified I sent messages to several of those he has sold goods to asking how the fit and finish of this product is........still waiting to hear back from them, and still somewhat skeptical but you know i think heck, all these middle men we buy from simply purchase from others and add their markups.    Not saying I am going to buy these seat covers.....no not yet..but I am interesting in seeing others responses to my request for their reviews.........years ago when I restored a 67 Corvette I found some overseas tracking data on seat covers i purchased........  Yes I do hear Legendary makes their seat covers........probably here but we do pay more for our labor,  but the quality of the product and its final fit matters too.......not to mention saving $250   these guys have to mark up their product to make a profit to cover their many expenses.........will let everyone know what i find out........again I am not making a case either way..........one of these things I just gotta find out........signed detective gomangoRT/SE

I got my 4 speed console plate from Cuda-Roadster recently.   Item was pretty good, price was great.

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005 - 06:32:38 AM »
Heading off to work........i will get you the link later........go in ebaymotors under the parts section.......type in Mopar seat covers............about 5 auctions will come up..........then click the one or actually anyone that has challenger or Cuda seat covers.......

Offline BlueStreak_Johnnie

• Y helo thar from Sunny South TX
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005 - 07:13:13 AM »
Heres a link to some of the black covers

If they fit good, they'd probably be ok for a driver.

J.

Offline cbmopar72

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005 - 08:55:31 AM »
I got some for my '72.  Haven't had a chance to check fit yet but they look nice.

They are not correct by any means. 

1.  All vinyl, no inserts.

2.  have a full back while the originals did not

3.  No tabs for the wire frame to fit through.

The vinyl is very good and sewn together good.  I'm pretty happy with them at the price I paid.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005 - 09:03:00 AM »
Lets face it also,this is not brain surgery to make seat covers as lengendary or any other would like us to think.In the many cars i have restored a local upholstry shop called Tijuana upholsrty did an excellent job and they were much cheaper than their competition.I am tired of manufacturers trying to get RICH on each sell,guess its the american way but i dont need to line their pockets if i dont have to.Hopefully this guy can get the leather covers for my gran coupe and i will order from him,hopefully i wont be disapointed
thanks for the link
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3