Hemicuda poll

Author Topic: Hemicuda poll  (Read 3882 times)

Offline hemi71

• Resident
Hemicuda poll
« on: September 20, 2005 - 09:06:15 PM »
I want to do an informal poll here.

My 71 hemicuda clone is getting to the point where it's getting to be the same ole, same ole for me. This leaves me several options:

1) Sell the car and buy another or trade it for something different.
2) Shut the car down this winter, pull it apart, change the color and interior to something more my liking (like B-5 exterior with white interior, billboard and top) Pull the hemi for the respray, then reinstall.
3) instead of reinstalling the hemi, build a stroker 440-6 and install that to better match the VIN (BS23V1B) and put the hemi aside for a later car.

I've had the car almost 2 years, and my MADD (Mopar Attention Defecit Disorder) is getting bad with this car. The body/paint is just driver quality at best, so a redo is in order.

I'd like to hear your comments on what you would do. I know that it sounds crazy getting bored with a hemicuda (even a clone)....but thats just the way I am....LOL.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Hemicuda poll
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:14:59 PM »
I vote for option #2 since I didn't see an option where you give the car to 4C.  Love white billboards!! 

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:24:19 PM »
I vote for option 1 because your car is beautiful as is and I would hate to see it changed. I dont really like option number 2 because if you are going to redo an already restored car, then just redo a decent restored car to your likings. As for option number 3, I dont think that will really make you start enjoying the car again......so I just threw that option out the window. In the end, its your car so do what YOU want with it. However, I will say that if it were me......I would buy an older restoration cuda and totally redo it to my likings.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

beamtallica

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:25:13 PM »
Well when  i get a 71 hemicuda, this is what i'd do. Paint it PPG's "concept" black. silver grill and shaker, gull wing, black int, tq. thrust II wheels,(16's in the front, 17's in back) Hope that help's. I've also always love GY3 with all the black( shaker, top,bill boards..) Or you could let me have the car for a week or two or 1,000. lol

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:34:34 PM »
I like option 3, seems your always looking for another car and this would make sense.
Plus if you car is put back to original, it will be worth more if you let it go down the road to aquire something different.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline gcone

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:44:38 PM »
Depending on your budget (what's that, right?!)
If you are not married to the car and have a 'dollar limit', I would opt for #1...simple because of what the car could bring ($)...that would give you a headstart to buy/build whatever you want.
If cash is not an issue...#3-build a more correct clone and do another one with the 426.

Damnnnnnn...I like you problem!lol
71 Tored Plymouth Hemi Cuda Rec.
69 Hemi Orange Dodge Charger RT
70 Calypso Coral Ford BOSS 302 Rec.
71 Bright Red Dodge Demon 340
70 Red Chevrolet Chevelle SS Convertible (L78)
05 Black C6 Vette Convertible
07 Black Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible
07 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
08 Black Dodge Challenger...on order@12/04/07

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:46:25 PM »

I agree with 4C, I'd say # two also.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005 - 09:52:53 PM »
I agree with 4c B5 is a great color! But you know! I wouldn't kick it out of my garage the way it looks right now!! you have a gorgeous car JUST THE WAY IT SITS!!!! why not take that extra money and spruce it up a bit!! add a little more power to your hemi and some extra options to the car like power windows or something!!! but if you HAVE to change it option #2!!   My 6 pk never ran right!! it was a pain the whole time I had it!!! Good luck with your decision! I just would n't sell it!! NO WAY! I can guarantee you will regret it!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005 - 12:08:25 AM »
Hemi71, I'd say go with your #3 option and make it something different than what it is now. ;) 8)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005 - 11:52:31 AM »
Option #1 is out. No way should you sell the car.( hardship,financial concerns excluded)
Option #2 Has some merit but I always like a car to be as original as can be
Option #3  Brings it back to it's roots and would probably the way I would go.

Nice poblem to have.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005 - 12:25:06 PM »
Option 4,    just keep it like it is and if you do need to use an option, use number 2 but I'd keep it just like it is and for what you are going to put into this to re-do it, get a different one and build it up the way you want. I know I've got a hair up my arse to sell before and then later wished I wouldn't have sold.   

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005 - 12:56:15 PM »
I would leave the car like it is, and buy a project cuda and build another. You can never have enough Hemi Cuda's.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005 - 01:12:10 PM »
What about option #3 then if you don't feel too attached to the car, option #1?

Sell it as it is "more" matched to it's VIN (Will it get more as a Hemi or a 440+6??) then take the Hemi and find a nice project to put it in.  Although, there's not much better than a Hemi in a '71 'Cuda.  Or is there....?

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005 - 01:13:05 PM »
I like #3 also

Just depends on how much money you have to spend

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005 - 03:59:53 PM »
Thanks for the input people, keep em coming.

As some of you know, I've owned a lot of Mopars thru the years, some of them I'd love to have back...but with each sale I've moved on to another great Mopar, so selling and moving on is not something I'm adverse to. That said, 71 cudas are hard to find for a good $$ number nowadays, and while i have a nice bit of $$ in this car, it's worth way more than i have in it. My biggest problem would be the time investment, I know it would take at least a year to take the car down and get it back together the way I'd want it. I can see the value in getting a 440-6 back in the car, but that would require the change out of the exhaust system and building a new motor, again more time invested, not to mention the $$.

I'm just considering my options here, and i appreciate your views and opinions.