I believe I found my Vin Numbers

Author Topic: I believe I found my Vin Numbers  (Read 13088 times)

Offline Sal-Chichon

• 'Cuda Cop cars!! (Dreaming I guess) chargers R OK
I believe I found my Vin Numbers
« on: September 23, 2005 - 02:37:23 PM »
I checked the Cowl again and I Found the Following numbers stamped On the driverside next to the Cowl vent The Number is BI 156753 I will soon have pics posted. I need help finding out the rest of the info. The car is a 1970 Cuda with the original block unknown if ir is a 340 or 318 I will pull the engine to find out it has a 8 3/4 rear end and a 727 automatic. if you can help I will be greatfull. Thanks
F Rustangs and Crumaros!!! 'Cuda,  the only way to go, except maybe a Challenger!

Swedefish

Re: I believe I found my Vin Numbers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005 - 04:07:25 PM »
I`m happy for you , S-C.hope you`ll solve the probs with the title.Looking forward to follow you progress

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005 - 04:31:57 PM »
Didn't the "BI" always get switched and the "I" was used for ones?  So could it be a 71 out of Hamtramck?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005 - 06:42:50 PM »
do you have no fender tag?? or dash tag? there is also one on the drivers door!! its a sticker below the door jam!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005 - 08:27:53 PM »
What Cody said, a BI on the cowl is 1971 Hamtramck, so if the cowl is original to the car it is a 1971 model.

Best of luck with the rest of your search.

Barry

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005 - 10:25:41 PM »
My guess is that the "I" is part of an "H".  To my knowledge, there is no "I" as the second digit in the VIN #.  For it to be a '71, there would have to be a "1" as the 6th digit, but he has a "0", according to his other post where ther is a more complete VIN# minus 2 unknown digits.

Sal, go check your other post related to the VIN.  I have some info for you there.  : )
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005 - 12:32:19 AM »
My guess is that the "I" is part of an "H".  To my knowledge, there is no "I" as the second digit in the VIN #.  For it to be a '71, there would have to be a "1" as the 6th digit, but he has a "0", according to his other post where ther is a more complete VIN# minus 2 unknown digits.

Sal, go check your other post related to the VIN.  I have some info for you there.  : )

Body numbers are the last 8 digits of the whole VIN except with the first two digits transposed. Since this is a body number, "H" is not possible. Hamtramck body numbers were stamped with an "I" for the "1" meaning 1971.  ;D

I can post photos of mine tommorrow it it will help?

T/Ake care,
Barry

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005 - 01:48:52 AM »
Did you check for the number on the radiator support also?

Offline Sal-Chichon

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005 - 02:42:19 AM »
I don't have a dash, door, or fender tag the car is in rough shape.I checked the radiator cross member and itmatches the cowl number BI I56753. The only reason I put the "0" in the more complete vin is because when I bought the car I was told it was a 1970 and the only numbers I know for sure are are from the Rub I di and that is (BI I56753) this is from the cowl. I will try to get a digital camera and I'll post pics of the rub and the cowl. I was told that the might be a 1971 because of the gas cap was original and the cap was a 1971 cap. I send pics later.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005 - 03:54:09 AM by Sal-Chichon »
F Rustangs and Crumaros!!! 'Cuda,  the only way to go, except maybe a Challenger!

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005 - 09:16:04 AM »
It's a 71.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005 - 10:48:35 AM »
Sounds like you most definitely have a 71.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005 - 02:14:08 PM »
Body numbers are the last 8 digits of the whole VIN except with the first two digits transposed. Since this is a body number, "H" is not possible. Hamtramck body numbers were stamped with an "I" for the "1" meaning 1971.  ;D

Oop, soorry, my bad.  Just going by what I found on the Year One site.  :)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Sal-Chichon

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005 - 02:38:36 AM »
Hey thanks for all the help Now does any one know who to contact to find out more about my car now that I have the vin number. Is there a GURU out there? I would like to know if there is a way to have vin plates and stickers reproduced now that I have found the vin anybody know?

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005 - 03:00:48 AM »

Galen Govier at http://gvgovier.com/  is normally regarded a the 'guru' of the Mopar hobby. Don't quote me on this, as I'm sure there's others out there, but who runs a data plate repro agency?

However, for Galen's services, you need to get in line. We're talking months, maybe years before you get your stuff, figuratively speaking. I'm told its worth it in the end.

David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline Sal-Chichon

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005 - 03:16:58 AM »
thanks I'll look into it