1966 B-Body Rearend Complete or Part

Author Topic: 1966 B-Body Rearend Complete or Part  (Read 847 times)

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
1966 B-Body Rearend Complete or Part
« on: September 24, 2005 - 08:02:52 AM »
To accomodate larger tires and wheels, many E body owners are going with the 62-70 B body rearends and using the 3/4" offset spring hangers. The length on this B body rear is 55", 1-1/2" shorter overall than the E and the spring pad center to center is 44", 2" narrower. I believe a few on this site have done this and love the way it works with larger tires.
I have an 8-3/4 rear out of a 66 Belvedere complete drum to drum. The chunk is only a 741 housing but could be swapped easily or used as a spare. If you are interested in just the banjo housing by itself I could do that too. I haven't removed the rear or the diff so I don't know the condition of the gears, it was ran with a 318 in a 4 door belvedere and would assume it's not beat up but not going to tear it down unless someone needs just the banjo or other parts. The brakes are all there and still installed on the car with the auto adjusters and components complete with drums. I have no clue what these are going for but the shipping shouldn't be too much sending it on a pallet by freight. Please make offer on a personal message or send to my e-mail.  Plum6pak@Comcast.net