How did your car do this season?

Author Topic: How did your car do this season?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
How did your car do this season?
« on: September 28, 2005 - 01:45:46 PM »
Now that the car show season is coming to an end, I was wondering how everone's cars did in the shows.  I know this site has some of the most amazing e-bodies out there, so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

We only went to three shows this summer...but went to lots of cruise-ins.  In the first one, we received 1st place in our class (street machines).  For the second and third one, we won Best Mopar.  It was fun, but the most fun is talking to folks.  And, since Red takes pics of almost everything....here they are in order.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
Re: How did your car do this season?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005 - 01:57:40 PM »
very sweeet rev. congrats!!!!!! my cuda didnt get touched other than to put a tarp on it just to cover it up  :-(
70 Barracuda

Offline inot2old

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005 - 02:03:45 PM »
My car is not a show car, just a driver, but I did win a trophy at my local Mopar club show,  1st place stock e body.  But I was the only one in my class.  lol   That was the only show I entered.  I went to LOTS of cruise ins also, I probably avereged 1 cruise-in every other week.  I won lots of door prizes and a 50-50 drawing.  The best thing was just getting to hang around other car nuts and talk about my Cuda!
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005 - 02:06:00 PM »
There are some people who will always win the 50/50's and door prizes...then there's me!  Congratulations on the win!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline FY1Challenger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005 - 02:15:02 PM »
Commerce, GA - Hayes Mopar Show - first in class, E-body Stock
Spartanburg, SC - Foothills Mopar Show - first in class, E-body stock
Lots of cool cruise-ins
Looking forward to the Low Country (Charleston, SC) show in a couple of weeks!

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005 - 02:23:12 PM »
Congrats on your awards.

My challenger took exhibitors choice louisburg car show ( 350 entries)
Gold award at our annual car club show, with honerable mention from Mr. Norm (pics coming soon)
3rd place monster mopar weekend 2005 for 72-74 e-bodies.

It's nice to win awards, but it is fun just hanging out at shows and talking with everyone and seeing all those great MOPARS! :)
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Blue 'n Chrome

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005 - 02:24:16 PM »
Congrats Rev and Red! :-) Those are outstanding trophies!

I'll have to post a couple pictures when I get home tonight of my season winnings! :-)
Blue 'n Chrome
May you live as long as you want, and want as long as you live.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005 - 05:37:23 PM »
First place in Mopar division at the last show of the season.  Completely unexpected, but, a welcome surprise.

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005 - 06:28:07 PM »
I didn't attend many shows this season. I was busy working on the Charger. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I did attend the one show that I really enjoy which is the Calgary Alberta Mopar show. They judge using a point system so everyone gets judged the same. There was some awesome cars this year and I was thinking I might get third. I took first in ebody stock. That made my whole summer because the other cars in my class were really well restored.
Our own car show I did not enter my car, I put it on display only. I think it's better when participant judging that cars from other clubs should have the fast track.
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005 - 06:58:42 PM »
congrats to everyone i seen that a few of you had some 1st place prizes congrats!! heres how mine did!! i got the motor pulled striped the whole car out body is done primered painted put motor in had to pull moter back out and know if got to rebuild the 360 again! so i never got to driver her or show her!! hunting season opens sat so i dought i will do much more this year!! im gonna put another coat of paint and the pull her inside till march or april!!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005 - 08:29:42 PM »
Challenger was put into 2 shows this year. One was our car show where it took second behind a very nice 70 Hemi challenger convert and the other was one of the top 5 mopars (400 cars of all makes)at the everything show the next day.

Dart got first at our show, nothing at the verything show and 2nd in edmonton Mopar show and 2nd in Kalispell(but it was the nicest there)
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005 - 08:48:19 AM »
We thus far have attended 15 shows (counting Carlisle), sometimes just one of the cars and sometimes both, and we have won 12 awards/trophies. But the ones that mean the most are the points/judged shows. Other than Carlisle of course our best surprise was a big 4th of July show (judged with classes) and the Charger/ Challenger took 1st and 2nd in our class, but we only had to compete against maybe another 25-30 cars, in the over all show there were about 400 cars registered. And the show raised over $3000.00 for the local fire department and the guy who won the 50/50 gave back his share to the department as well, my kind of guy, remembering why we go to these fund raiser shows ! Seasons about over, we hope to possible get to a couple more - weather permitting.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline wiging19

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005 - 09:27:19 AM »
I’m jealous of most of you.  The first day I drove my car in 2005 (June 4th) my neighbor’s girlfriend drove his van into my rear quarter panel.  I was hoping to go to several car shows and cruises in it this year.  The body shop didn’t have an opening until August 1st and it is still in the shop.  I expect to get in once the rains start here in October (I live near Seattle).  On the positive side I decided to have the shop paint the whole car while it is in the shop, plus put a rally hood on the car and weld in sub frame connectors.  I bought new interior panels for the car so it will look very nice for next year.  It is a 1970 challenger convertible and the only items I really need on it will be fresh chrome trim on the car. Which I plan to do over the next few years.   The hardest part is my greatest joy is just driving the car.  I forget over the winter how much enjoyment is in just driving it and feeling the ride as you go down the road.   :)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005 - 11:57:35 AM »
wiging19 . . . sorry to hear about the neighbor's not-looking-where-she-is-going girlfriend . . .suck!  But the rest sounds positive.  I'm sure you are loading are pics up for us right now too . . .right?? 

Offline wiging19

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005 - 01:24:50 PM »
As soon as I get the interior in I plan to take plenty of pictures.  I'm just praying that the weather allows me to do it sooner rather than later. ;)