Author Topic: Electric fan(s) on your setup...im in the market for one.  (Read 3098 times)

Offline matts73cuda

Re: Electric fan(s) on your setup...im in the market for one.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006 - 06:39:34 PM »
hey i have a 73 340 cuda and i took a twin fan set up off of a ls1 camero and it fits perferct i know it is from a chevy but i think it was made to be put on a mopar. lol good luck on cooling your hot ride down man

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006 - 08:47:34 PM »
That dual fan setup that Mike found is nice!   I would use one of those with dual relays and dual fuses. That way If one fan fails or blows a fuse, the other one saves your car.   Sitting in line, trying to get into Car Craft in the summer, lets everyone know who's car is up to snuff!    If you can't take the heat, every sees you on the side of the road.
Rob
Yeah, kinda like at last years Power Tour. Saw a lot of cars pulled over on the way to JC Whitney. My buddy and I were lucky, we were running warm but didn't overheat.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006 - 10:21:48 PM »
check out "Zirgo" fans on Ebay
3300cfm that will cool any beast!

good luck!
I tried that one and it wasnt enuff cooling for me, not sure what i,m gonna do now

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006 - 11:18:44 PM »
Yeah, kinda like at last years Power Tour. Saw a lot of cars pulled over on the way to JC Whitney. My buddy and I were lucky, we were running warm but didn't overheat.

70RTDroptop,  I was there.  Do you believe those guys overheating?  It was even raining that day. 
That JC Whitney,    They give us free lunch (hotdog,chips,soda)  and we all go inside and spend $500.  I had to get stuff there to save on the shipping.   Yes folks, they stock just about EVERYTHING that's in all those catalogs. Are you going this year?

For my summer driving, Don't forget that I added factory A/C to my car, I had my radiator re-cored to a 3 row, run a temp clutch fan, and have the stock fan shroud.  No problems with heat.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Oldschool

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006 - 03:19:49 PM »
The Beast runs at 190* max with both fans activated.  They are wired individually inside the car and are controlled by the driver.  I usually only have 1 fan operating.  If the temp gets up to 185*-195*, I turn on the 2nd fan and it immediately cools down to 190* and holds there.  If overheating starts becoming an issue, I will add "Water Wetter" to the radiator first and some octane booster to the fuel second.  If those don't keep her cooled down, I'll stay home I guess...   :cooldancing: 

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006 - 05:18:34 PM »
There's been a lot of good input and I do like the idea of having a second fan. Here's what I ended up with and it comes just like you see it for 550.00. The guy that makes these is into drag racing and owns the weld shop where these are made. Here's the link if you are interested. http://www.bestmachineracing.com/

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006 - 10:23:28 PM »
Thats a nice set up plum, and old schools looks good too. I just ordered one from Be Cool, its made for the E body, looks like i might have to open the hole up some but its designed to sit on the frame rails. They say it will cool up to 1000 hp with the twin fan set up.