Author Topic: my leg just blew out...again!!  (Read 6123 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: my leg just blew out...again!!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005 - 12:10:11 PM »

Yip, TC...whats the news?
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005 - 12:42:14 PM »
So Monday, I went to the Dr. His last words were "And stay off that leg" They hand me a couple of papers. I was in there of course for 3 hours. (who isn't) Anyway, I don't read it. Next day, my companies insurance calls me. The pregnant dog tells me, "we don't have to pay you anything for workers comp because it says return to work with minimal activity" So I call work and talk with the Manager. She says, "I guess we could have you price items for the store." Well, here's the deal, I work on commission. You don't sell, you don't make anything. So I went into work yesterday. i was hobbling around  the whole day. I did tags as she wanted, But I realized, I need to make a check for me also. Now my store is friggin huge. You could walk forever in there. So at the end of the day, my lower half was fatiged out from walking like Igor all day. NO WAY am I going back through that AGAIN!! It was a frustrating hassle to try and  get  around in that store. On an average day, I probably walk 2-4 miles inside that store. I'm gonna call that pregnant dog in the Insurance Company this morning and give her a piece of my mind. And as for my store manager, I'm gonna tell her, "So how much do I make making price tags"? I'm there to sell, not make price tags. "I can't do my job effectively until I am 100%." My GF and I are pi$$ed off right now about how the workers Comp system is trying to get over on me and not pay. The Doctor didn't even ask questions about what I do there at work.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005 - 12:52:15 PM »

Man that sounds like a bloody messy situation TC! Never easy is it, bloody murphys law! (Grrrrr)
Hope you can sort something out TC, and if worst comes to worst, you can get another job but not another leg. (Not a real one anyway).

Take it easy TC. :-)

mopar_guy333

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005 - 01:14:49 PM »
i agree,that does sound like a very messy situation.i hope everything gets better TC!!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005 - 01:17:57 PM »
What's really stupid about all this is they return me to work for one day, then I'm off again (today and tomorrow) As far as what was wrong, it appears that it is a partial tear of muscle in my left Calf.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005 - 01:20:03 PM »

Eek, you should watch Discovery Channel, they show some gruesome stuff and muscles "splitting" isn't a pretty site.
Like ripping open fish skin.....now that I made you feel better have a nice day. lmao!

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005 - 02:44:10 PM »
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005 - 04:28:30 PM »
Like ripping open fish skin.....now that I made you feel better have a nice day. lmao!

I don't think that would bother TC very much NZ . . . he tears into fish all the time!!   

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005 - 05:44:32 PM »
and a bad leg wouldn't stop me from fishing either. "Hey Doc", "I just brought some fresh caught salmon for you!"
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 04lbram

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005 - 07:50:01 PM »
Dude, I know how you feel. I'm in the military with a blown back and knee and they (the VA) isn't any help at all. Anyways, try to take care of your knee and stay on some pain meds.
71 Dodge Challenger R/T Clone; 383 Big Block with a few goodies and good ole 14" Slot Rims

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005 - 08:44:28 PM »
TC, was the doc a doc of your choosing or their choosing?? Never been thru a torn leg muscle, but have been thru 3 knee operations....I would seek a second opinion as to how long to stay on that leg....in my non medical opinion, you may do more damage to it by being on it than not....it has to heal sometime....JMO
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005 - 09:13:57 PM »
It was my companies choosing. After all this BS, I will recommmend to everybody that if this situation ever happens to you, make sure you look at the papers they give you. Also, make sure you tell your Dr. the exact description of what you do at work before he releases you. It turns out that, the receptionist is the likely suspect that sent me back to work. She never even asked me once what my duties were.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 04lbram

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005 - 09:27:59 PM »
Problem is companies don't care about their workers for the most part. If they do its few and far between. Gotta love these new Gen X Company Attitudes.
71 Dodge Challenger R/T Clone; 383 Big Block with a few goodies and good ole 14" Slot Rims

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2005 - 09:39:49 PM »
TC, was the doc a doc of your choosing or their choosing?? Never been thru a torn leg muscle, but have been thru 3 knee operations....I would seek a second opinion as to how long to stay on that leg....in my non medical opinion, you may do more damage to it by being on it than not....it has to heal sometime....JMO

2 years ago, I blew my knee out. After a month and a half went by, I returned to work. I had lost all my clientelle follow up while I was out. A torn meniscus (knee cartiligde) So when I returned, I had no follow up to sell again. By the end of my first month back, my manager fired me for low sales. Karma got him later, he was fired a month later.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2005 - 11:48:26 PM »
 Workers Comp is a joke, there on the employers payroll. I'd go back to the Dr. and say the work your employer is having you do is making it worse. Then explain that they are having you stay on your feet all day, maybe even go home sick one day because of the pain, and go right back to the Dr. and tell him you had to leave work because of the pain and it's making it feel worse. Alot of times if you complain to the Dr. enough they will make your employer give you a sit down job, and if they can't do that then they might take you out of work all together.
 It's all one big game to them.
 I've strained my back so bad at work that I couldn't even put my own shoes on. Since my job is full of heavy lifting, there Dr. said I could work light duty. So I get to work and they say you can just scrub the shelves, including the lower ones!!! They are totally clueless when it comes to injurys unless you really make a stink about it!
 Hope everything works out for ya.

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)