Author Topic: Help challenger bumper braket question  (Read 2274 times)

Offline reflections7

• God Bless
Help challenger bumper braket question
« on: October 20, 2002 - 09:11:48 PM »
Which front bumper brakets fit a 71 challenger. 70,s I think I got 73 model and they make the bumper sit wat to far fwd. I need 71 or what will fit

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re:Help challenger bumper braket question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002 - 06:29:17 AM »
70-72 have the shorter brackets

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Cruzin

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002 - 07:19:52 PM »
To recess the bumpers found on the later model Challengers (e.g. '73 & 74) that have the protruding crash bumpers (the ones that stick out.)  You should will use the 70 & 71  front brackets and 70, 71 & 72 rear bumper brackets.  

If it's your intention to remove the large bumperettes found on the '73 and '74 in addition to using the recessed brackets, the front is no big deal since you can remove them and simply replace where it attached with a bumper bolt.  However, the rear is a little more involved and if your are needing more details I will glady share my experiences since I have just made the change on my '73 Challenger.

I agree, I like the way the later year Challengers look using the earlier year bumper brackets.

Offline reflections7

• God Bless
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002 - 08:08:13 PM »
I have a 71 and had 73 brakets so the bumper stood out to far. i ordered some off the net that are correct.

Offline MADMarc86

• I'm a llama.....facking llamas.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002 - 11:01:36 PM »
awww...when i bought my car the guy gave me two bumpers w/brackets on each of them...only one of the bracket sides was good (i think it was the right) but i tossed em both and the bumper because it was dinged up all over the place.  shoulda mentioned this a few weeks ago and i'd probably have...uhh...half a bracket for ya.  lol
ahh...all i need are parts.