Area Recon???

Author Topic: Area Recon???  (Read 5663 times)

Offline mustardketchup

• I'm a llama!
Re:Area Recon???
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003 - 12:25:41 AM »
     In Newark, New Jersey, I've seen 3 decent B-bodies.  Even though they are B-bodies, I'll post here anyway:

The first, a 1970 Super Bee (Green with "C" stripe on quarter panels, I think a 383/automatic car).  This car was all there with a solid looking body, but faded paint.  I saw this car for years when I was going to school in Newark (several years ago), went back to earnestly look for it 6 months ago, but couldn't find the car, although my memory was foggy about what street I saw it on.  I'll keep looking for it, maybe I'll stumble across this car again.

The second, looked to be 1969 Charger, but it was under a car cover.  I lifted the rear corner of the cover to reveal the tailight, had the '69 rear taillamp.  This car looked like the roughest of this bunch, but I only saw 10% of the car.

The third was a very original looking '69 Satelite, just parked on the street.  Solid looking body.  A great Road Runner clone waiting to happen.

I'll take my digital camera and snap pictures and post the addresses in the future.  It won't be tomorrow, but maybe in a few weeks.

Larry
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003 - 12:27:27 AM by mustardketchup »

Offline oldvamoparfan

• MOPAR; The only way to go!!!!!!!
Re:Area Recon???
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2003 - 10:44:05 PM »
There are 4 pretty decent E bodies in less than 25 miles of my home, 2 of them only about 6 mi.  BUT!!!, all these ding-a-lings say "I'm going to restore it & put it on the road again".  The least time in the woods for any of these is about 6 years.  There is an Electric Blue 72 340 Cuda, a tan 73 Barracuda w/ a low mi (supposedly) 440 & 727, a Red 70 RT Challenger 383, & a Dark Green 70 Barracuda w/ a 340.  All these machines are obviously suffering from exposure, but are still plenty restoreable.  These guys dont even want to talk about it, so I guess they will just rust to the ground.  And we have Mopar enthusiasts all over the country looking for these cars who would fix them & enjoy them. There ought to be a law.     Ovmf  
'72 Challenger 360,  '05 Dakota,   04 Town & Country,   '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim