Author Topic: I Don't Know  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: I Don't Know
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005 - 09:26:41 AM »
You're not a loser!!  I'm sure a lot of us have felt the same way at some time in our lives when things are not what we would want them to be.  It sounds to me like you're being reflective and taking time to assess your current situation and searching out advice from people you trust.  Sounds about right to me. 

Now as for advice...  At 25, you have your whole life ahead of you to make of it what you want!  How exciting!  The first thing I would do is to tell mom you love her, but won't need anymore help from her (and this advice is coming from a mom!). Think about some location in the US that you find fun or exciting to live and research living and job opportunities there.  If you find a location, I'm sure some folks on the board who live there could help out with even more information. 

You have some big and exciting decisions ahead of you.  Like CP said, you'll make some bad ones and some good ones...all we can do is learn from them and continue to move forward.  If you ever just want to chat with someone...my msn and aol are listed in my profile.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 04lbram

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005 - 01:42:07 PM »
Thanks again to all who replied. So far, I'm doing a little better. Anyways, as far as skills go well I mainly do computer stuff but, don't have any certifications however I do have a few certificates for classes I've taken. Not sure if those would help much at all. Ghost, as far as your life shoot me a PM if you want. Even though I'm going through hard times right now. As as selling the Challenger I'd rather not part with it if I could. That car is a big part of my life and like a wife to me. In fact, its been better to me than most females that I have met in my life. As far as the Ram I'm still trying to get rid of it. If I were to get rid of it, it would free up about $300 a month on the payment I'm sure. Anyways, I don't have much time to write but, again thank you all for the replies. Keep them coming. I always love hearing everyone's story.
71 Dodge Challenger R/T Clone; 383 Big Block with a few goodies and good ole 14" Slot Rims

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:04:44 PM »
Thanks for the offer, 04lbram, but, my problems cannot be solved by talking, or by anyone else.

Offline moparguy01

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005 - 09:00:57 PM »
Thanks again to all who replied. So far, I'm doing a little better. Anyways, as far as skills go well I mainly do computer stuff but, don't have any certifications however I do have a few certificates for classes I've taken. Not sure if those would help much at all. Ghost, as far as your life shoot me a PM if you want. Even though I'm going through hard times right now. As as selling the Challenger I'd rather not part with it if I could. That car is a big part of my life and like a wife to me. In fact, its been better to me than most females that I have met in my life. As far as the Ram I'm still trying to get rid of it. If I were to get rid of it, it would free up about $300 a month on the payment I'm sure. Anyways, I don't have much time to write but, again thank you all for the replies. Keep them coming. I always love hearing everyone's story.

first off, I sure wouldnt sell your car. if your anything like me, which from talking with you the other week, you've got some serious problems. which makes you like me. haha. My charger is the one thing that kept me going through my rough times. i've thought about selling it, but i have no idea what i'd do if i sold it.
second, if you like computers and all, why not go through and get your certifications? if you already know your stuff you should be albe to quiz through the certification courses with ease, AND if you play your cards right, convince the lead guy that you know what your doing and thats your good at it. Most guys in a teaching area of a specific skill like that tend to have "connections" which will DEFINATELY help land you a job when you get out. Plus military service doesnt look bad on resumes.

I'm also having a problem figuring out exactly what i want to do with my life. Cause i know I dont want to be a wrench forever. Hell im already get arthritis in my fingers, good lord 10 years down the road im gonna hurt if i keep spinning wrenches. Thats why i choose to go get a management degree. then i can still be in the field i want, and not have to kill myself to be in it.
Your a young guy yet, and being single definately has its advantages, its got disadvantages too, but thats another story. haha. Think of it this way, you can basically travel anywhere you want for a job, without having to uproot a family, or sell a house, or any of that. you can always take cars with you, or just sell them.
if you want to talk in person, you know my phone #

take care
Russ

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005 - 10:01:24 PM »
I/ We all have our problems. BUT, our problems do not define who we are. Rather, how we choose to deal with these problems is what makes us.

Exactly!!, well said.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005 - 08:41:21 AM »
I agree with moparguy01.  Can you go back and get your certification?  If you want to be known as good at something, you may have to focus on it more.  Jack of all trades, master on none, so they say.

Sometimes some companies are willing to train you.  My older brother went from several years of restaurant work to working at a tech line for spectrolosis diagnostic equipment (Don't ask me what it is.  Has to do with wave aplitude something or other.  I don't know.)  He had no prior knowledge of that job but the job was willing to train him in trade for a commitment of 1 year to the job.  After that he found another similar job and is making a decent salary.  He wasn't computer/tech oriented and now he knows all sorts of stuff.  You've got a head start in the game since you know computer stuff.  But you might need to relocate, which can be scary.  That's why if you have relatives/friends you can find someplace to stay for a bit and not be so concerned about putting a roof over your head.

Again, like moparguy01 said, you're basically free to go and do what ever you want right now.  Just have to get a direction, point your Challenger in that direction, and drive!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 04lbram

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005 - 05:54:19 PM »
Well folks, thanks for all the replies and sorry for the long delay. Anyways, I'm working on the certifications and trying to get up to speed but, it's kind of hard. I just found out today that I will probably be going to Iraq however in a way I hope I don't go since I'm physically not able to even shoot an M-16 anymore. Tomorrow I go see the doctor to see what they say. I'm sure they'll just say go to Iraq and tough it out. Truth of the matter is I've tough it out as long as I could. Anyways, I wouldn't mind going to Iraq for the for the simple thought of making an extra $800 a month but, with my knee and back I don't know. It's definitely not getting any better. In fact, I think I'm gonna sell my Challenger or trade it for a nicely done 3rd Gen Charger since I can't do much anymore.
71 Dodge Challenger R/T Clone; 383 Big Block with a few goodies and good ole 14" Slot Rims

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:27:59 PM »
my opinion--
*Are you on the loan for the 04 ram ?   If so keep it for now, you'll have a reliable vehicle [ 7 yr /70000 mile warranty] . Plus if you sell it, you'll take a loss , it is too new.
*Sell the Dakota- you can buy another one in the future if you like it that much. There are plenty of them out there.
*Look into getting a job for the Government. Dept of Defense, AGriculture, anything.   Your "veterans preferance" will get you in the door.
*Don't buy a 3rd gen charger till you've sold the challenger, don't need two old vehicles right now.
*Don't move back to your hometown.  Stay  two or three hours  away if you have to go back to that state. Close enough to visit on the weekend, but far enough that Mom won't be bothering you, in person, each day.
* Don't know what's up with your control of bank account,[?] but it's your money, don't give control of it to someone else. If a girlfriend really loves you, she understands this.
* If you are really physically screwed up, you should be getting a medical discharge, if it's due to work. At least that means $$...
74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005 - 11:37:05 AM »
Hope evrything works out for you.  74MOPAR had some wise advise.  MAke sure your physically able to go to Iraq.  Take care!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger