Idiots shouldn't even be able to leave their homes

Author Topic: Idiots shouldn't even be able to leave their homes  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Killer_Mopar

Idiots shouldn't even be able to leave their homes
« on: October 17, 2005 - 02:38:55 PM »
Today I received a call from a friend,whose home from college, saying that he was in town and wanted to get something to eat. So I figure, "ahh what the hell, its a nice day....I'll take the challenger" So I head up to Arby's and park the car in the farthest parking spot I could, one on the end so that only one other person can park next to me. I order, sit down, notice that an Audi parked next to the challenger, and start eating. About 5 minutes later I watch this lady walk out to her Audi and I think nothing of it (I mean, why should I??? she is driving a 40k car...). I then watch her proceed to open her door right into the character line of the challenger without a care in the world. With my blood-pressure rising, I then watch her pull the door close and to my horror I see a 1/4 inch chip on the character line. So I run out there and tell the lady what she did. She plays dumb and starts trying to play down the situation, she gives me her name and information and "claims" that she will pay for it, but there really isnt anything I can do about it.....afterall it was on private property. I already went and got 3 estimates and they range from 450-520 bucks...I am so mad right now. I just want to know how somebody can be so inconsiderate of other peoples property. I have never hit my door on another persons crappy car, let alone an expensive car. I really hope she pays, but if she doesnt then does anyone know if I have any options in this matter, like small claims court???
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Re: Idiots shouldn't even be able to leave their homes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005 - 02:50:18 PM »
Small claims would probably an option but judging from the way she acted money probably means nothing to her. She has managed to purchase her way through life being an inconsiderate Bi#@h. Many people do not get the idea of working hard and taking care of one's property. When it gets dirty you just get another one. She has no respect for others.
 My guess is she will pay , if not in this life in the after life.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005 - 02:56:37 PM »
That sucks, Killer_Mopar!!!  I would have definitely lost it had I seen the entire situation as you did.  I too hope she will actually pay for the damages, but I guess you won't know until the money's at the shop and your Chally's being fixed.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005 - 03:03:34 PM »
What makes it worse is that it's my dad's car (although we share it, untill my car is finished) Although, he didnt get all that mad when he saw it because he knows that I am more careful with the car than he is. Funny thing is that he was actually more mad at me for not kicking in her door than anything else. I guess he sees it as $hit happens. All I know is that I keep seeing her opening that door in my mind, its like a horror film just playing over and over.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005 - 03:05:10 PM »

That sure sucks mate....I had one of my cars parked up outside a snooker club as I was walking back to the car about 60ft away I notice a car full of Asians proceeding to exit their car.......not good both doors (no crap) on my side flung open and hit the car and some good speed.
Man I was PO. >:-( "Oi!!" I yelled watch my car...they did the "No English" routine so I pointed and told them to watch out.......

It wasn't the best language I have used towards someone befor ebut they evtually must have understood English.......some people......

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005 - 03:06:40 PM »
I was sitting in the parking lot, waiting for my fiances, had a SUV pull in next to me and the woman in the passenger side gets out and slams my door with hers.  It put a small dent and chipped the paint on my new Mustang that I only had for three weeks!  I was furious and it is like no one cares or has respect for other peoples property.  But anymore, it just seems like more of a pain to deal with people to get things set right.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005 - 03:08:41 PM »

It's worse when people act like, " What!?!?" Ahhh that's nothing it'll be OK" Then say a very mono tone sorry and walk off".......

Kick the crap outta of their car when they leave....lmao

Offline Johnny Cuda

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005 - 03:40:28 PM »
Killer, I feel for you. It just seems to me that's what this world is coming to. Bunch of selfish, disrespectful people caught up in their own world. I hope things work out for you.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005 - 03:50:03 PM »
I'd be fuming for days Killer!  Sorry to hear about that.  Get an estimate as quickly as you can so she knows your serious. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:02:05 PM »
This is why I park in the employee's parking spaces at fast food places, or go through the drive through.  Or park in the empty lot across the street, and walk over.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:05:16 PM »
This is why I park in the employee's parking spaces at fast food places, or go through the drive through. Or park in the empty lot across the street, and walk over.

Yep...I even do that in my Ram truck!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:12:27 PM »
Women shouldn't be allowed to drive. (let the MEK bashing begin).

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:14:58 PM »
 Take the 3 estimates to her house. Don't mail them, show up there, and tell her to choose one.

The fact that it took place on private property has nothing to do with responsibility/ culpability/ or legality.
 The only time private property matters is a police officer may not be able give a driving ticket on private property
74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:18:35 PM »

I'm definitely going to make sure I park in view EVERY time.
Sometimes it's not careless people but jealous people that do the damage.......

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005 - 04:46:03 PM »
Women shouldn't be allowed to drive. (let the MEK bashing begin).

Mike